1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

and when they're being pains in the ass, take the batteries out. Genius

i think you might be onto something here.

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Say what? I deleted steam several times over the years and my library never got touched.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i wish that was the case, its ****ing eaten all my saves as well.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Damn. Damn indeed.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I have too - do you have a non default library location by any chance?

I've always had a "games" drive for my various launchers and libraries, but the save data has always defaulted to my docs related folders. Even when I bought deathwing space hulk and returned it because it was a pile of hot ass chocolate and later bought it in its nontotallygarbage state the save files were still there.

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If you leave the library in its default location, iirc steam jettisons the entire steam directory and takes any installed games with it.

If you have the library elsewhere it still shitcans the entire steam directory but your games are ok because they're not in the steam dirctory.

7. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I have my Steam games installed on a different drive from Steam itself, mainly so that if I need to reinstall Windows (hopefully this is a rarity, but your never know) I don't need to download all of my games again - I just reinstall Steam and point it at the drive with the games installed, and Bob's your uncle.

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup.

Client on C drive, Games on D drive. You only ever have to redownload the client then on a fresh install and point it to that drive.

As soon as you click on download/install it finds it.

bawjaws likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

No idea. Might be IBS, could be a bug, but I've spent three days in bed getting up only to go potty. Throw in cold sweats and a banging headache too. I'm supposed to be going home tonight, can't see that happening.

10. adidan

Could be a combination mate, you've had a lot on recently by the sounds of it.

Trying to figure out the same here, both of us here just feel bloody awful but not really sure why - no obvious bug but you never know. Got a lot on too though.

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I've never had a tummy upset so bad that even codeine can't stop the flow...

It sucks because I want to feel awesome because I've got my Embody wrapped behind me and a whole box full of Nike goodness waiting for me upstairs.

Ah well. Sleep it is.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Today hasn't been a good day.

Leave the house at 8am for flight from Gatwick to SFO at 13:30. Generally plenty of time. A Gatwick trip for me is usually a hair over 3 hours with "normal" (NB, not zero traffic, normal traffic, which is generally isn't awesome), and can be as short as ~2:30-40 on a good day. I fully expect to get to the airport notably early and just have to hang around for a bit considering it's the school holidays in most places and I won't really be hitting any motorways in peak time. This is fine.

Traffic is ridiculous all the way - pretty much constant start/stop or just rolling along at 40ish for at least 100 miles of the journey. I get to the car park at 12:25, sprint with case to the check in desk, bypass the toilet that I've been bursting to get to for so long that I fear I may actually wet myself, reach the check in desk as 12:32... denied. Sorry, you have to been here 1h before the flight... 58 minutes is not one hour. No amount of polite conversation changes his mind, and just just keeps repeating himself until he snarkily suggests I should have left earlier. I sense he's power tripping on ruining someone else's sh_ and leave before I turn in to one of those people you see on one of those airport reality/documentary shows.

At this point there are no feasible options to get to SF, and spending the next 24 hours in the Gatwick courtyard marriott is an utterly depressing proposition, so head back having booked on the same flight tomorrow.

So tomorrow I'll probably leave at 6am, and undoubtedly get to the check in desk and be told I can't check in for another couple of hours because I'm too early, and probably by the same guy as today with a sickly smug look on his face.

For the bonus round, this means I'll be landing in SF tomorrow following ~20 hours of travel and heading directly to an event where I'll be doing presentation to an audience, on video. Joy.

The only small consolation is that when I was 15 minutes from home I realised I left my laptop charger. I figured I could have gone back to get it and still had plenty of time, but decided I'd just have to find one when I get there. Had I gone back, I would have been cursing myself for missing the flight because of it.

13. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Headed to GP. Been having chest pains and coughing up blood. Already know I have bronchiectasis, just probably progressing. Found out last month I need a new right hip and a hernia repair. Still waiting to see the surgeons.

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

The acrylic for my new case panel/window came. had a test fit with a piece of aluminium angle to see how it'd look. pretty nice as it turns out.
    [​IMG]

So why is this here and not in wcmyla? Well, the external measurement of the alu angle is 12.7mm. the alu thickness+acrylic+magnetic strip = 12.35mm, leaving a little lip that will stop the magnetic strip from contacting the case properly and i might have to shave 0.35mm off the edge some how. joy.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Doctor canceled today. I have to wait til Wednesday.

16. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Stumbling on the PhD at every turn, going to be a rough couple of months.

17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I thought Gumtree was bad for scammers so moved to eBay much to my dislike and constantly the same scam like really? Your bogus emails from PayPal aren't going to work on me today, tomorrow or ever!

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

The worst part is that Ebay either takes DAYS to actually do anything about it, or just ignores your reports of scammers altogether and leaves you in limbo with used up monthly allowances and items you can't re-list... At least with Gumtree you can just tell them to piss off and carry on.

19. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

After 10 days of uncertainty we've finally been given the news of a miscarriage. Needless to say the Mrs is devastated. Next few weeks will be interesting then.

20. adidan

Shite, i'm really sorry to hear that, for both of you.