1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Crikey it's hot. Just been out running errands and I'm drenched.

2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe get in contact with your surgeon. Ask if he's missing a wristwatch? :lol:

Vault-Tec and The_Crapman like this.
  3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's been a tough day. Hell, a tough few weeks. My usual 12-hour days, which I've grown used to, have stretched into 17-hour-plus days. (I'm writing this while I wait for a benchmark to finish, if you were wondering.)

I had a parcel to drop off with Hermes. The nearest drop-off point is a Londis, which also has a Subway in it. It was my birthday earlier this month, and Subway sent me a voucher for a free cookie.

The whole walk there, I thought about how nice a cookie would be. Chocolate chip, or maybe the 'rainbow' one with the knock-off Smarties in it. Warm from the heat lamp, slightly melty, maybe just a little undercooked in the middle. A free cookie is just what I need to remind me that the world can be an OK kinda place at times.

The system wouldn't accept my ****ing voucher, would it. And the guy behind the counter, looking at me with a slack-jawed attempt at feigned sympathy, has no way to override it.

Thanks, world, for reminding me that even the little things in life can be taken away from you at a moment's notice.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to work...

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Sympathetic aknlowedgement before returning to own shitshow of problems.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Oh, I'm well aware that in the grand scheme of things "I didn't get a free cookie" is so minor as to not even register on the most sensitive of instruments, but I really wanted that cookie.

6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Sometimes, even in a mire of detritus, the smallest thing can really feel like a steel toecap to the nuts. Especially simple things that should just work.

7. RedFlames

I was referring more to the **** of the last month or so...

and as @The_Crapman said, you get to the point where even comparatively trivial **** going wrong really gets to you.

8. Vault-Tec

Well they had to do it twice because they forgot the mesh and it returned. The first time I had a 1" scar. The second time they opened me up around 9". I have a massive scar still.

It used to ache tons but then it was OK. Maybe if it was cold and damp it would ache a little but sheesh, these stairs love a war wound.

9. Valo

Valo Minimodder

My cinelli mash got stolen. If you see this, let me know

[​IMG]

10. RedFlames

Would that be the mesh they're having to remove because it's causing people crippling pain?

11. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Working on Good Friday. At least the office is quite.

12. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

The suspense is killing me!

Byron C and perplekks45 like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Quite probably, yes.

14. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I can confirm crippling pain is real. But I had crippling pain before, more consistent but less inintense and with a chance of bowel rupturing, now is a dull ache like someone pushing a wooden spoon in my crotch with intermittent lightning bolts up my ass. So swings and roundabouts, but at least I don't have to poo in a bag.

I've now got a referral for a scan to check there's no problems. Or watches.

15. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Bahwahahahah... You shall never know.

16. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did some manual labour yesterday. I'm a programming doge, I don't do manual labour. All the things hurt

17. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Where abouts in the world would you be?

Couple of Urgh's

Bike related one, rear mech keeps turning off, perfectly timed for a cat 5 climb so I had to chug it out on a 16t cog not the 28t cog, so much pain, didn't manage it so walked which in turn chewed up my cleats.
    Got home got the bike out, rears gone flat, again literally every ride its flat going to work that out tomorrow.

Back to work tomorrow, on bank holiday, in a bank. Yeah... 12 hour shift because they like dropping long shifts on contractors.

Car needs a service, no real chance to get it somewhere unless theres a rental car, so looks like its over priced VW to do said service.

Also been having night terrors which is great fun, usually pop up when I'm over stressed

18. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Went out for the first ride on a bike not bolted to the gym floor since the 'Ard Rock last August, tootled along fine until the first hill that is normally a good warm up. Got to the top of and felt fine.. for all of 3 pedal turns and then I fainted. Yay for overdoing it. Maybe it's time for lower gearing.

SRAM eTAP?

19. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah eTap, been on since November now if you get mid cassette it 50/50 if it'll change gear, either a swift kick, bunny hop or a surprise pothole you may get one or two gear changes.
    The way SRAM do it is you go to a "tech centre" in other words an approved supplier. Did that in the week, went into a Trek store they basically said because I didn't get it from them they would change me to send it off, an it will be batteries, explained the front mech was still working fine which is slaved to the rear mech, so if it was a battery fault the front mech wouldnt work at all.
    Going to try another tomorrow see if they have a bit more sense.

20. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Ultegra Di2 is calling you.