1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

't'wasn't locked, that's the rub; just jammed.

2. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

It's PVC and so is, I assume, the door surround. A door spreader would do it.

3. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Spoke a little too soon: he didn't have what he needed in the van after all, so he's fitted a temporary locking mechanism and will be back tomorrow. At least we can use the door now!

4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

An you don't have to get the kids out via hurling them through an open window. £150 vs a new door + bashing in old door is liveable.

MLyons and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

In my unprofessional experience of pvc windows the size of doors, if you can get a semi-reasonable grip on the thing, it doesn't stand up to brute force. Locked myself out of a flat once, pulled the window open and went in that way, made it lockable again and replaced the hinges I bent. Pvc was all still fine.

Also, for what it's worth, a head rest works as a window breaker in a car if you don't have a specific window breaker. With a bit of brute force and ignorance.

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

* Logged advice for future need. The car has headrests and I am well supplied with ignorance *

7. liratheal

Just FYI - There's two schools of thought, I've seen both work;

1: Brute force stabbing into the corner until the window shatters. It does have to be the corner, though, otherwise it's just going to skate over the surface of the glass.
    2: Jamming it between the glass and the internal window strip, and leaning on it.

Both methods (Success and failure varieties even!) can be seen on the youtube.

8. adidan

I think this would work best, for me at least. Limited room and a massive weight.

liratheal likes this.
  9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Football. If spurs win the final it'll be a fate worse than death. But on the other hand if Liverpool win the noise will be....

The final isn't in Munich is it? :eyebrow:

10. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Slightly annoying but not ruining,

I got new spark plugs (BOSCH) for my 2005 Sunfire and noticed that my gas milage went down the loo so I decided to try another brand (DENSO).. SLIGHTLY better but still bad.. so I was told to try this brand NGK but I'll change them over in the morning before work.. hopefully it's just the plugs and not something else.. -_- This car is annoying but It's my daily driver so I need it to get to work.. 45 to a hour away drive.

11. liratheal

It's not ruining, per-say, but.

I've got LHD headlights arriving today, so waiting is going to make me impatient beyond words.

Also I fully expect the mounting lugs to be broken in shipping and necessitate repair. But I want them now damnit.

On top of that, the other odds and sods I've ordered to try making some DRL's probably won't arrive until next week, and well. As established, I'm impatient.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The sportball fans in the office won't stop telling me it's Madrid, and over £600 a ticket. Probably at least twice that for a hotel for the night.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Yeah all I've heard today is people trying to blag company flights etc over there (Spanish owned company who have a HO in Madrid).

Oh an someones given out my name to new starters to come an pick up new kit, thats two days in a row an I have no idea who is doing it.

14. adidan

As @IanW says, it's Madrid on 1st June.

I hope it is Liverpool. To score so many points and probably still not win the Premier League it'd be a good consolation. Also, Spurs, they have their moments then throw in a batch of lameness.

Also the scousers beat Barca. Barca 4-0. I mean, c'mon.

15. adidan

It turns out winning a Zavvi competition for Champions League Final tickets and 2 nights in Madrid leaves me in the majority rather than minority.

I imagine a 5% discount code off novelty goods only will be the 'apology' they come up with for all of their customers.

16. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I just got the same post. Hit "Unsubscribe" instead of "Claim", because I don't do sportball.

EDIT: Just heard on radio news that Zavvi are blaming "software issues" for "accidentally" spamming every account holder with that message

Last edited: 9 May 2019
  17. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

One of my investments totally just crashed, burned and freaking died losing 70% because the company announced it was joining with another which then was found to be illegal so they did a complete u turn losing trust in every holder. What a complete ballsup

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I follow a local band who've made it pretty big, I remember the lead guitarist from school. Sound guy, never put a foot wrong in school, was a real down to earth chap had time for everyone.

Having never smoked ever he had some issues recently and was hospitalised with pneumonia, still persisted so went for tests and found a tumour on his lung.

29 years of age, having never smoked he's got lung cancer....

Things like this really make me evaluate why I'm complaining and why I'm not doing...

19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

If cancer wants to **** your life up it's gonna. Smoking and whatnot simply makes it more likely.

Weekly_Estimate and Guest-44638 like this.
  20. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Passive smoking, too... esp. gigging in venues, pre smoking inside ban... s'what got Roy Castle (... of Record Breakers fame).