1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

There's also watered-down anti-depressants in some cases iirc.

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I was thinking more less addiction-y type stuff. :happy:

3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

30mg cocodamol is what I've got now, up from 8. Just reading up on it after Gareth's revelation and apparently some people have more copies of the genes that produce the enzyme that metabolises codeine and can overdose on it. Some people have to few, or inactive alleles, so don't feel the benefit as much.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Is this the part where I re-tell the story about when I froze my shoulder and I went to see Dr. Feelgood, who was very free and easy with the scrips? 30mg codeine, 75mg diclofenac sodium, and 10mg diazepam. Got home from the pharmacy, popped one of each into my face-hole and swallowed.

My wife found me staring at a switched-off TV with a string of drool coming out of the corner of my mouth. Two hours later.

Vault-Tec, MLyons, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  5. RedFlames

If it'd been an open word/openoffice document on the other hand... totally normal ;)

6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

@Gareth Halfacree that's why I didn't go to the doc with my frozen shoulder. Just months of gradual stretching.

Bloody bloody awful. I've always had a thing about wanting to feel pain though so i know how far i can push it.

Oh that and because i'm a masochist.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Based on my experiences of a number of those drugs, I'm one of the saps that gets nothing (not even pain relief) from them.

So at least those of you who get something from them have that going for you!

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yup same with mum and she doesn't even notice it and said she never has.

Strange woman!

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

My mum's just on Ibuprofen, but on 1200mg daily as a base. According to all doctors I spoke to the max you should take a day is 2400mg. She still gets insane headaches. :(

10. RedFlames

...isn't headache one of the effects of taking Iburprofen in large quantities?

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I will usually only take enough to take the edge off, but so that I know when I do something I shouldn't. But right now I'd take an epidural and a wheelchair. Or one of those special Swiss pills that youths in Asia take.

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

The waiting game.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Just seen an advert on the TV. Was muted because I was watching television and talking on the phone at the same time but it was an advertisement for painkillers and the guy was just throwing them straight into his mouth. At the bottom it said contains codeine and codeine maybe addictive.

Choice, what a joke.

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I wish we had access to painkillers like that here. Terminally ill and I get nothing but ibuprofen.

15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yes, but in her case it seems more likely the five brain tumors she had are behind this. Also, by now, get tolerance for any painkiller should be quite high.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

When I broke most my left side I was on morphine for a day or two then then said I was going onto Paracetamol. To which I laughed thinking dafuq you on about, assuming it was just pills like over the counter, oh my that IV stuff is potent. I cannot remember about three days for purely being monged off my face on it.

17. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I had a liver biopsy a few months back, and was in absolute agony at the end of it, they put me on IV paracetamol, didn't touch the sides, had absolutely no effect on me whatsoever. Guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones, most painkillers don't have an effect on me

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

High five!

The only thing I've ever had that was even close to working was an epidural, but as I understand it it's more of a localised anaesthetic than a painkiller.. The nurses and doctors were rather perplexed when I didn't take the morphine home.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I had a dose of IV paracetamol after coming around after surgery and yup, that stuff hits you nicely. I take a lot of bits and pieces anyway (chronic back pain from being hit by a car 25 years ago) and the only oral stuff (that I have had) that comes close to knocking out the pain like that IV paracetamol did is tramadol or low dose diazepam. I think the oxygen mask helped with the spaced feeling too as I am normally a shallow breather so my O2 saturation is never high, it was with that...

20. legoman

legoman breaker of things

office 365 feature update started getting piped out via the "Deploy from an on-premises location. Fine works everywhere bar ones site where it installs then it cant see the MS KMS server so disables all the features.
    Networks are claiming it cant be them, packaging don't seem to be aware there is any update being deployed by them and we have about 1200 people who cant use MS office (nor access the online version). Huzzah!