1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Looks an interesting piece!

To help with any searches you might do, it's the "crystal" that has popped off, exposing the "dial".

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Did you find anyone?

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I found a website but the prices had doubled so I left it for a while. I'm only using around 4ml per 120ml now so I've still got loads left. I'll worry about it somewhen.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Can't re-activate Windows after upgrading it with recently purchased bits - seems like even MS account linking does draw the line (somewhere) at what it will allow you to upgrade before you have to pony up again.

5. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Give em a call, they should fix it.

6. Vault-Tec

It depends on the license. If it's some sort of OEM license you got cheap they will no longer allow you to transfer it to another PC. I found this out last year, but thankfully I did manage to get another 10 Pro key for £12 so I just left the old key where it was (on here as it goes lol).

If it's retail you can activate it on up to 4 pcs, and you can transfer it also but they are cracking down on cheap keys.

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

I was able to reactivate off an old Windows 7 key I upgraded to 10 a while back... all good.

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Reviews of new cards should be mostly about the out-of-box experience most users will have. If you're of the know to Undervolt and overclock, you do so knowing the silicon lottery plays the biggest parts and reviews will give you a baseline performance figure and value reference to help decide on your purchase. But then what do you expect from someone who is a "Richard Gere enthusiast" :eyebrow:

9. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

If anyone else would like to take the pis sout of the idiot then feel free.

10. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Posting something contentious, even outright incorrect, isn't always a bad thing. Even the Verge disaster could have been turned into something positive for them if they didn't handle it as terribly as they did.

IME, some of the best performing articles in terms of driving traffic to wherever you're trying to drive it to have been ones with an unpopular opinion. So much so that I'm now working out how to best manufacture a bit of a LinkedIn feud about something.

perplekks45 likes this.
  11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You know I want a link if this comes to fruition, right? :naughty:

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Not ruining but the realisation it's the last weekend of holibobs was a downer today.

Until i got in the hammock.

Plus the house/kitty sitter will get a break then and i get to see my cat on Friday. I don't look soft but when it comes to my cat i'm a big lump of jelly.

The_Crapman and MLyons like this.
  13. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

too hot and I now feel vindicated after being told I was wrong when I said that it was the perfect weather last week when it was raining.
    [​IMG]

14. Vault-Tec

Last week was perfect. Shorts and T, no sweating or feeling ill. I'm dodging the heat at the mo and staying cool. Hopefully it'll cool down again soon.

Give me 20 all day every day.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

2nd/3rd degree burns of my left hand making cowboy coffee after our coffee maker broke. Stuff tastes fine but I accidentally boiled a batch and it poured onto my hand, not the cup. Most of the back of my hand is a single massive blister. And even with insurance, have to wait to go to the doctor til next month.

For those wondering how I missed the cup, I have tremors from the strokes. I have a new pouring routine that involves no hands on the cup now.

16. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Just back from Infest festival, enjoyed it so much I can't remember the Friday night which had a band I so wanted to see, wife says I was all over it, so I would assume I enjoyed it, gutted I just don't remember

17. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

Ouch. I've missed the cup when pouring from the kettle. I no longer hold on to the pot/cup when I pour.

Broken dishwasher. I believe the inlet valve failed in the open position. I don't believe there is any serous damage to the house but the air duct in the basement (directly below the washer) got an impromptu washing with the water that spilled into them.

18. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Leaking boiler.
    Not so bad but it's been leaking for a couple of weeks I reckon and ruined everything that was on the floor in the airing cupboard.

19. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Last full day by the lake :waah::waah:

We head into the big City tomorrow that is full of people and running water before getting on the back of a big metal bird on Friday :waah::waah:

But... Cat and a new build to do :thumb: Silver linings and all that.

20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Thanks, it needs looking at anyway, as the 'cap' of the bottom side button (can you tell I'm bad at names) was dislodged so it's been no longer useable for a while as well.