1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Our mates and their kids have been over while in the UK, not seen them since we lived in NZ.

Awesome to catch up after 4 or so years.

Then my mate gets a call yesterday evening saying his seriously in a bad health way mum had fallen out of her wheelchair and broken her hip.

So, weekend cut short and back they go across the UK. Crappy all round.

We may have chance to meet up briefly before they go back to NZ but his mum is so poorly we have no idea when that will be, or when they'll go back or how long his poor old dear will be with us.

Bodies, bloody useless things.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

no wonder i'm ****ing ill... my pillow is mouldy :/

ah well... chalk up one more thing i can't afford to do anything about.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Cluster fudge.

Sold some hardware to a buddy on another forum. He came to collect it earlier and I wanted to show him it all working etc.

Any way my escape route for the coolant was planned in advance and the drain was going quickly and well. I removed a cap on the res to relieve the pressure and let the low coolant drain. Went perfectly.

Fitted my blow pipe (a fitting with about 30cm of pipe) and stick the lower GPU hose into the jug. And blew. Really hard.

Sprrrrrrp.

Some r-sole forgot to put the plug back in the res. So I was treated to a facial fountain of coolant.

Had a towel down, but had to remove some wiring. Only I spent 3 months doing it and forgot what most of it was. So when my buddy left I had to work it all out again, and how to get the inner case apart. It can only be done in one order and it's like playing twister.

Beginning to regret now, but oh well it's a bit late now lol.

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Am I evil for LOL...?

5. Vault-Tec

Nah, I actually did have a chuckle myself, whilst cursing as I had to take apart a 7" touch screen and dry it out :D

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  6. adidan

If that was me i think my chuckle would have been bordering on hysterical :happy:

Not to mention i'd be really confused and i don't watercool anything :worried::lol:

Arboreal likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Haha. The coolant is non conductive and nothing was on. It'll now have over a week to fully dry. I've tested this coolant without knowing it (had a leak on an old server) and it deffo doesn't make things go bang. Good thing in this instance if was xspc red, so I knew exactly where it had been as all of the electronic parts were red lol.

Your post reminds me of that character in Viz. Terry f***wit?

"I'm here because I need tampons for my wife!"

'Terry, you're not married and this is a cafe"

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

:lol: Well it wouldn't be the first time i'd been called that :hehe:

9. Vault-Tec

Haha you and me both.

It's now all sat in bits drying. This week has been really tough so I'll be glad to get to mum's tomorrow and chill for a couple of days.

Because I know when I get home I'm going to have so much to do :( we have the pc and project tag McLaren which I made as difficult as possible.

Ho hum.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

From the latest purchases thread.

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Where to start?

So after being £612 down in repairs I'm still awaiting a replacement alloy for the dented nearside. I got taken off the road when a straightened wheel failed before Christmas ( which was another £152) so the fact I can't get a reliable ETA is putting me on edge I don't want to be seeing the car towed away for a third time in a month when I rely on it everyday.

Partner has tonsillitis, she went to out of hours doctor last night and was prescribed antibiotics. Turns out these are a big no-no with her heart condition so after severe chest pain, nausea, dizzy spells & shaking she's been taken into hospital. This is the second time she's ended up in hospital because of negligent doctors not checking if they'll have an effect on her heart....

Sold something on eBay before Christmas for £65, DPD destroyed it good and proper, no bother it was insured. They've given me £2.84 compensation.... fantastic

All of this is doing my anxiety wonders, I feel like my life is going at 150 miles an hour and I'm barely in control. I don't have the time to focus my energy on anything worthwhile and when I do get the time I end up convincing myself its a dumb idea and not worth doing. I then bum around on [generic venomous social platform] and proceed to feel **** about myself because I don't apply myself enough to be fulfilled and happy in life. one of those weeks, months, years

Last edited: 12 Jan 2020
  12. Vault-Tec

The nice (what I thought was) "square" piece of oak board I bought from Ebay.

[​IMG]

It may turn out to be a blessing in disguise, if it fits....

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Pretty piece of work, even if it isn't 'square'.

14. Vault-Tec

Yeah I know. It's 20mm solid oak. I don't think I can wall mount it in a corner, but I have another plan.... It was cheap I won't lie (£20 shipped) and I kinda like the spacey sort of shape. It's also the perfect width at the front in the middle for the amp. So yeah, I'm bound to come up with something and let's face it, it would have been a whole load heavier otherwise :D

Now with the trivial stuff out of the way I will move onto something that really is chuffing my ass.

Eon. I could f******g murder them for ever fitting a smart meter to my mother's house. She's always had terrible anxiety and OCD (but won't get help as there's nothing wrong with her *sigh*) but man, ever since they fitted that bloody thing she's been absolutely doing my nut in. She sits and watches it all bloody day like a penguin sitting on a fecking egg, then gets into a panic when she sees it go over two quid. I've tried to explain to her that a big fat lump of it is standing charges and there's nothing she can unplug that will change much but every time I come over she's pulled all of my stuff out of the fecking wall and keeps continually moaning about it.

I tried to explain to her that last year I left a flat empty with everything apart from the fridge off and it still cost me £58 a month not even being there but it's like she's either too dim to understand or just wants someone to moan at.

I wouldn't mind, but this Christmas I BT £100 to her for HER heating (I still have to fecking pay for mine !!!!!) and she's still whining. All because she's obsessed with that bloody meter.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Received a text this afternoon saying that a good friend collapsed and died unexpectedly yesterday afternoon. I can't really get to grips with it and am really shaken up by it.
    RIP Ash

The_Crapman likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Sorry to hear that man. Life's a f****r sometimes :(

Arboreal likes this.
  17. Arboreal

Thanks mate, a bolt from the blue. One of my friends I was talking to this afternoon was in total shock, spoke to him Sunday night and was due to meet up with him tomorrow...

18. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Condolences buddy, always a hard hit to take.

Baby has hand, foot & mouth - so lots of spots, lots of crying and lots of not sleeping...

19. Arboreal

Thanks @Wakka, I'm feeling better this morning.

I remember HF&M, my poor wife caught it from my son, and were both uncomfortable for a while.
    That not sleeping isn't great either.

20. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

MD agreed for me to request a widescreen monitor (all staff have 19" 4:3), guy comes down with 2, got very excited....... 20" 1600x900 resolution....oh ok....best not moan.

Helps loads on spreadhsteets but lost some height when it comes to reading documents, ah well