1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

But if you want to be pedantic and count the entire duration it's been in transit... It was sent just before midnight on Thursday, so it's been in transit for 92 hours so far; mission timeline, at least for Apollo 11, shows that it should be coming up on CSM/LM separation in about 8hrs.

However. About 10 minutes after posting this whinge I got a message telling me it'll be delivered tomorrow.

Not enough to stop DPD from delivering apparently...

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

shitty weather preventing me from flying :/

3. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Stirred the oxygen tanks a bit too firmly, coming home early.

And yes of course we want to be pedantic.

Arboreal and Byron C like this.
  4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

PC gaming. Why? just, why?

I finally got COD MW running well enough to like, keep running without a DX12 error. On another rig of course. Got into it, then had some stutter issues the other day which was easily fixed by switching it to the correct monitor. And then disabling full screen (so Windowed full screen with G sync on).

Went to play it tonight, got through a really tough part and it disconnected from the server and crashed. Started again, did the whole section again, disconnected from server FFS.

OK so I will check my FO76 install and get it updated for Wastelanders. Reinstalled Bethesda Poor, I mean store, looked up how to get it to detect the install "Simply put it where it already is. Don't worry ! it will detect it for you you won't have to download it all again !".

Silly me.

[​IMG]

FFS. I swear there's a god damned conspiracy on my ass. Every time I launch a game for anything but testing it doesn't work, yet I could leave it running for hours and not play it and it would be fine :(

5. Vault-Tec

New mouse yays. Only the scrolling is very slow. So what the hey, go into settings and speed it up ! only it doesn't set and I have to do it every time I start Windows.

As you can probably tell, today is "Get very annoyed having to interface with a PC" day.

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I think i'll have to start looking at a new mouse, on random startups it's not getting detected until i replug it in.

There are sooooo many though.

7. Vault-Tec

It took me three years to find something I wanted and liked the look of. I bought two cheap mice to tide me over until I found what I was after. I love everything about it, apart from the slow scroll speed. I like that it's slim and easy to hold in my small hands but has stabilisers on the front so no tipping.

[​IMG]

It's quite clever really. Was a sod to get working though. Had to update the firmware, yet it wouldn't work until I did so I had to hot plug it with another mouse installed and use that. It wasn't earth shatteringly expensive @ £70 but I've only ever spent that on a mouse once and it was rubbish (Razer Naga Epic). It died after about 8 months and getting any sort of thing resembling service from Razer is like a brick wall.

I'd strongly imagine the new one is just a Logitech in drag, like all of their other stuff, but that's never been a bad thing.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Aye my other mouse is a Razer Deathadder. Still going but it got demoted to the other rig when the button surfaces started going, well, manky.

Still on an ambidextrous Mionix I got a few years ago as a stop gap. About time that stop gap stopped I guess :)

9. Vault-Tec

My fave mouse ever was my Boomslang 07. Sadly it doesn't work past Win 7. I know what you mean, that rubberised soft coating goes manky after a couple of years. That's why I stopped using my Func, which I really liked.

10. Vault-Tec

See I was bloody right. Took my sleeping pills sat down on the pc and the game works bloody perfectly only now I'm shattered. :D

I said to my buddy like, maybe it can smell my game consoles haha.

adidan likes this.
  11. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Lousy sleep, last night... cold, achy & sweating buckets; not a great deal better when I got up (not long ago) but the shivers have died down a bit.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I've had some of that, together with a sore throat. Don't think it will last long.

13. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

No sore throat, yet... but I'll factor it in.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Might want to stay off the Mexican beer for a while ;)

[​IMG]

Guest-44638 and perplekks45 like this.
  15. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm having so much fun confusing people and then getting them to join me when talking about Desperados, Heineken, Warsteiner, Budweiser, or any other beer brand instead of the actual name of the virus. Maybe too much fun, but ... how else are you supposed to get on with your life?

16. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Paracetamol seems to have broken the back of whatever I had, so seemingly on the mend.

17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Er. What?

So we're totally skipping over Broken Angels then, are we? And why the hell is The Hendrix/Poe/WhateverIt'sCalled still in it?

I want to like this series so badly but I know the books far too well. A lot of the stuff they did in the original series didn't make sense at all, so I'm really not looking forward to seeing what they've done with Season 2. I want to like it a lot, but I just can't bring myself to enjoy it for what it is.

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Annd this is why I'm not going near the books until after the Netflix show gets cancelled.

I part read the first one, put it down one day and forgot all about it, so some of S1 didn't make sense given what I already knew, but comments like yours have assured me that liking the show for what it is, and reading the books when it gets cancelled might be the best option..

19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Another series (same applies to movies) that butchered the book(s) it's supposedly based upon. Why, Hollywood, why? Adapting a book doesn't mean take some names from the book and then change everything about the story, characters and relationships "to make it your own". That's called using the name for a cheap cash grab. :rollingeyes:

IanW likes this.
  20. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Not managing to get a volunteer position with any charity I apply to. "Oh just get a volunteer role", "it's easy". Well nobody wants to employ me so I shouldn't be shocked nobody wants me for free either I guess. I live in a town full of charity shops and not one of them wants me. I really am just human garbage and should be put down :(