1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Trouble is you can't flush them unless you want to block the drains.

Edit: me no see the G

2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^^^Yes, the downside is that. There are biodegradable ones though (still can't be flushed).

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

Bag and tag it is then.

4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Don't flush them though. It's quite important that our sewers keep working.

5. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Pete J likes this.
  6. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

[Deleted]

EDIT: Ninja'd by EVERYBODY!

7. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

It took 7 minutes for shoppers to clear ALL our loo roll this morning. A few hours, and Sausages, Bacon, Eggs, Flour, Chicken and Mince was cleared. Milk and Bread close to selling through too.

Sam

8. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Just went shopping, because we haven't been in 2 weeks and need food. There wasn't any in Sainsbury's (still managed to spend £70?) Managed to get a few things in lidl, but not a lot at all. Will have to resort to "unknown freezer burned meat" from the back of the drawer of doom.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2020
    Arboreal, MLyons and adidan like this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not sure whether they deliver to the UK at all and how their corona measures impact delivery in general, but give MuscleMeat a try. I've ordered meat, fish and veg from them and always been happy with products, prices and delivery times. :thumb:

The_Crapman likes this.
  10. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Thanks. I might give them a whirl. Really do need to try and empty that freezer though, desperately needs defrosting. There's some duck in there somewhere! Going to Chinese it to high heaven with all the spices and flavourings we bought. Got a lot of stuff to make food taste good, just no food. Did get some bogroll though! Just the one large pack, like we normally do. We're not savages.

Also this evening's dose of 'heroin light' has been one of those that really slaps you upside the head and mongs me out. I haven't even mocked Lauren for saying bold instead bald, which is usually involves a retort about them being so brave and courageous. Because I'm a ****. I really have no idea how she puts up with me. I'm very glad she does.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2020
    perplekks45 likes this.
  11. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Panic buyers should be put up against the wall and shot.

That is all.

12. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

There is a 3 week waiting list now for Tesco home food deliveries :eeek:

13. adidan

Edit: wrong thread

14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I've just been trying to do our normal weekly shop online (we always book slots in advance as we're creatures of habit - Saturday 8am-9am every week) and the number of basic items that aren't in stock is ridiculous. I want to cook spaghetti this weekend but tesco has literally no chopped tomatoes or passata for example. Just why have people suddenly started buying stuff they normally wouldn't?! I've also seen that Currys have sold out of freezers - so much for people paying attention and not hoarding. ****ing morons the lots of them

15. Mr_Mistoffelees

The wife has just looked at Tesco, to order for 14th April, well in advance we thought (we do this fortnightly and the next shop is booked). Not only are there hardly any slots available, there is so little available to order, it's pointless trying. However, Waitrose are now reserving the first hour of opening for the elderly etc and my wife is 70, so we will be going there as Wellington is only a few miles away.

From Waitrose email: "Waitrose stores will dedicate the first hour of opening as a priority shopping time for the elderly, the vulnerable and those who look after them. "

perplekks45 likes this.
  16. Mr_Mistoffelees

I refer you to my posting at 09:13 today.

GeorgeK likes this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

^^^Likewise. I'm now wanking working from home for the next 8 weeks (barring 'mission critical' things), so decided to do my weekly shop after an early gym session* this morning. Bugger me.

To be fair, everything was actually quite civil, but it was a bit odd dealing with the 3 item limit. For example, I eat a lot of yoghurt (probably about 15 1/2 litre tubs a week), so will have to pop in on a daily basis. Also, my favourite brand of marinade was on sale (various flavours too) and would like to have bought 6. As previously mentioned, no pasta, but I do have half a box left for lasagne. In the end I had to look for other things in place of what I'd normally buy. Alpen had run out too.

What was a bit irksome was that Tesco's had actually put up signs saying that abuse would not be tolerated towards staff members. General public again disappoints.

I also forgot to pick up milk. Grr.

*Yes, I know, not bright at this time, but to be fair, everyone's doing what they can - gloves, wiping down equipment after they've used it, keeping their distance etc.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I've seen on various social media channels today of people bulk buying up all the baby milk/products to sell on eBay/Facebook at an unbelievably inflated price. 12 ready made Cow & Gate bottles for £65.

I find that really hard to stomach, playing with peoples emotions, financial stability for some measly financial gain...

Disgusting.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I saw that, and for anyone who needs it I mentioned in t'other thread that Cut Price Barry's in Halifax is delivering Arla Baby & Me First and Follow-On Milk at £5 per 800g jar of powder - below RRP (which is inflated 'cos it's organic, but that's by-the-by.) Good through to the end of May. £3.99 standard delivery, £5.99 priority.

20. adidan

Capitalism at work.

I hope we learn from this episode.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.