1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

To be fair, the situation was caused by a dead hooker.

Let me know if my cabin fever sense of humour starts getting too much :eeek:

perplekks45 likes this.
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Not for me. But at Jimmy Carr gigs I'm usually the last one laughing when he starts ramping up the intensity of his jokes.

Pete J likes this.
  3. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I had to visit the "outside" today as my fridge threw the dreaded "out of beer" error! :eek:

adidan, Fingers66 and MLyons like this.
  4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

'Lack of beer' isn't life threatening enough to not get beer delivered - screw 'outside'.

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

...If you can find anywhere that'll deliver. A couple of local breweries are doing deliveries, but they're either really expensive or don't deliver to my part of town.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Purity Brewing deliver nationwide, a nice tipple it is.

IanW, adidan and Byron C like this.
  7. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Duly noted :thumb: :grin:

adidan likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I believe this conversation now needs to move to the 'awesome' thread :happy:

9. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Add some to this week's shoppin'...

10. kim

kim hardware addict

I had a liver disease when I was 3yo, I don't recall it but I've been told that I was closed to death, I've been saved but I I kept a liver's weakness, so I dodged drinking for my first 30 years, then I started to drink with a band of good friends I met, and it was great for the first years, no hangovers, just fun, until I started to feel the counter blows, after a few years, every time I was drunk, I was sick as hell every time I was drinking, my friends used to call me "the beast" because I had to throw out painfully screaming like a boar, so I stopped. I have to mention that I had other old addictions, but harmless ones IMO, since my teenages, I used "green leaves" to feel good, but nowdays it's like beeing a criminal, so I stopped it too, years ago, smoking only cigarettes, but at present, I stopped smoking too because I really dislike it, but, this is not possible anymore to find peace of mind on evenings, since covid started, I started to drink again, not a lot, just some wine for meals, and a few glasses of vodka during my long sleepless evenings, I can't sleep a wink since it started, I need something to vent, I will stop it if it ends, otherwise, I don't give a f...k, honestly I'll give a year of my life for a bag of w..d, but there is no way, so vodka helps me to sleep and be stressless, and hangovers are gone, so why not... if I wasn't single, I would not need it I think, but I am, actually, my plans to make my Filipina gf coming here are dead, I just do my best to make her survive, whatever will happen, in her country, this is worst than in ours, so I will be there for her, that's one of the things that keeps me fighting, I have no kids, no wife, no familly, just a house, my computers and her who needs me, but beeing helpfull for her keeps me alive, I don't care how people will judge me, this is what i am, I assume it, I am just a lost lonely soul in this crazy world, sorry to open my heart, I needed it may be...hope I won't be banned for saying what I feel, BT is one of the last place where I find peace of mind

Last edited: 8 Apr 2020
    Vault-Tec, Arboreal and adidan like this.
  11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Beer now > Beer eventually

12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

working for 2 boses sucks, especially when they dont communicate between themselves and I get a chewing out from the person who didnt give the orders.

13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That's why you get all orders in writing, so when the **** hits the fan, you can be all "Let's you and him fight".

Gunsmith and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  14. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

thankfully i have this but its still a **** experience being on the receiving end of it.

15. perplekks45

Modern management seems to be "scream first, never apologize".

16. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

My order from Scan is five days overdue. Attempts to contact them have been infuriating to say the least:

Live chat - 45 minutes then reset and put to back of queue
    Phone - 20 minutes wait and then cut off
    Service ticket - Copy pasta message

I understand they are running with a vastly depleted workforce at the moment, and we all have to be a little more patient, but it's still frustrating as hell.

17. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

Just heard I'm getting a salary cut. Don't know how much, somewhere between 5 and 15% and no bonuses for the next year.

18. perplekks45

Wait, what?

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

That sucks, sorry to hear it.

Same thing happened to my other half, but worse: it was a 40% pay cut. They protested that it would put a good chunk of the workforce below minimum wage, so hours were also cut by 40%.

20. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Editing for 2 days straight and still not finished. Got the track for the end put in and sync's a few bits up,b need to find a track for the main bulk of it that it can tie in without sounding too crap, which is proving rather difficult. Now I'm playing with sound I also can't listen to anything while doing it which is tedious. This was supposed to be out the weekend just gone :worried:

adidan likes this.