1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Zummerzet pronunciation...

Fingers66 and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I don't care whether it's cool or not, if I don't watch something, it's because it doesn't appeal to me or, I have tried it and not liked it. There's also the fact that I don't watch much TV anyway.

Guest-44638 likes this.
  3. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Perhaps you seeing their use as a lack of intelligence demonstrates your own lack of intelligence?

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

... and that's my cue to walk away from a situation that could get me into a LOT of trouble. Have fun, all.

5. The_Crapman

6. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Added to Ignore list... anyone else?

I'm not here to be popular...

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Sunburned bloody legs. I hate being a day walker FFS.

8. The_Crapman

That's a shame, maybe I should add him to my ignore list so I can skip his 15 seperate threads on what the any key is, but I don't want to miss out on his VAST intelligence now do i? :rollingeyes:

Ditto. I just refused to stay in direct sunlight. I sat in the garden for a little while, but back right up against the fence to keep in the shade.

9. Vault-Tec

OK I am in your camp here. TBH? it's not even about a thick skin , Pete. It's about having the ability to know intention and separate it from your paw liddle feewings. Now look, I am a very sensitive guy. I cry a lot. However, I can tell when someone is being spiteful and deliberate, and when someone isn't. Maybe I do have what could be classed as a thick skin? IDK. What I do know, though, is my reaction when I know someone is saying something intentional and hurtful to me. And there is a difference. If someone is being nasty to me, regardless of their words I will respond in kind. If someone treats me good? same thing.

Like today for example. I went out with my care worker to bum around and just chat. I dropped lots of swear words. I can't help that. However, I opened doors for her, told her she looked fantastic, bought her a drink and etc. Water, BTW, I don't drink alcohol. So yeah, I am rough around the edges and I swear a lot. However, I don't take anything to heart. And I mean that. If someone manages to (and it's really hard) briefly piss me off online? by the time I've gone to bed it's gone. Next morning? TBH I don't even remember. Sometimes I wonder why someone is being a bit distant or cold with me, then I have to remember what was said etc. But genuinely unless someone deliberately targets me? I don't care. Even then I don't care. Living pretty much on the internet you need to have that ability. It's not really a case of moving up the ranks and becoming a moderator or starting your own Facebook group any more. That power is gone, and so are the plums that crave it.

I'm like this because of people who I loved dearly dying when I was very young. I very quickly learned that whatever you went to bed with needed to be gone by the morning, or quite simply my family would have fallen apart. I don't fester, I don't sulk and I don't go there. It's not worth it. I've seen people fall out, something bad happens and then two lives are gone. One is the person who died, the other is the life of the person who did something crappy to them before they went. You don't get another chance, and you don't get to put it right.

Deliberately walking around looking for something to be offended by? yeah, see now that's a new game that I totally don't understand.

Pete J likes this.
  10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

@Jeff Hine @The_Crapman behave like adults FFS.

This discussion started civilised enough and was about not taking things to a personal level. How did you two take part in it without getting the main message: don't make or take things too personal.

When I still played football the ref would've taken both of you and made you shake hands now. And he would've been right. Do it!

Mister_Tad and bawjaws like this.
  11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I think where I draw the line personally is when someone damn well knows that a particular term can be abusive or hurtful and uses it anyway. I've got quite a few of them in my extended family. And even though I might be charitable and understand why they say certain things or act a certain way it doesn't mean I have to like them or get along with them. Even though I might think that they are not an inherently bad person I'm still entitled to think that they're a complete dickhead :thumb:.

perplekks45 and Pete J like this.
  12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I always find a decent rule to try to abide by is: don't be a dick. If you act like a dick accidentally then it's good to try not to do it again, but if you act like a dick deliberately then that's a whole different ball game.

IanW, Vault-Tec and Pete J like this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Exactly. Being a dick requires that dick to be erect, and it becomes clear someone is deliberately being a dick. And that is what I mean when I say intention.

14. The_Crapman

I didn't take part in it. I took a dislike to my intellect being called into question by the village idiot, so I pushed a few buttons. All things considered I thought my reposte was pretty tame and lame enough to not be taken very seriously, but he got all bitchy so I flipped him the v's on his way out. I really couldn't give a flying ****, it's the internet, it's not like he's not just pushed my mum over and took a dump on her or anything.

Don't phone, it's just for fun.

15. Vault-Tec

Sake I look like Rodney that time Del left him under the sunbed :(

[​IMG]

16. The_Crapman

Doesn't look too bad. Get something cold on it, like a flannel or something.

17. Vault-Tec

It's ten times worse when I stand in the bathroom without the lights on.

The annoying thing is I have a whole unopened bottle of factor 30 sitting in the bathroom. I just totally didn't think. Not been out in so long and not been out at all in the sun since last year.

I burn so fast. That was literally 30 mins in the sun.

18. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I mean yeah I would consider that would go without saying, since then they're deliberately trying to cause harm.

I was wondering how old a person can be/how many times do they have to be told before ignorance is no longer an excuse, whether it's not the duty of those who may be offended to teach others but those who can cause offence by what they say/do to try and be aware and learn how their actions may affect others.

19. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Further to my post last week (I think that's right, head a bit of a muddle atm) regarding my dad collapsing, got the diagnosis back from the hospital today.. Not good news. He has a Malignant brain tumour with possible secondaries in the liver (still waiting on the confirmation either way here). :(

Not waiting on the next update from the hospital that will be performing treatment (we don't know exactly what yet). We understand they want him in ASAP but obviously current situation means they have to be very careful.

Just got to be there for him and my mum (who is not taking it very well at all).

2020 really does suck right now...

20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Christ, @xaser04 , I'm so sorry to hear that. Be there for your parents but make sure that someone is being there for you too. My thoughts are with you and your family (I know it's of no help to you, but I do wish you all the best).