1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

For anybody who wants to know more about the early days of the kids who revolutionised gaming:

[​IMG]

Byron C likes this.
  2. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

adidan likes this.
  3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

4. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Had to say good bye to a old friend a couple days ago. Passed away due to a undisclosed reason. :waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

5. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Got very frustrated and annoyed with the 'bump feed' not working properly on my strimmer. After the 6th time I had to manually open the head and unwind more line I went a bit 'HULK SMASH' and threw it into the grass. I now have a strimmer that's snapped clean in half. Oops...

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The saga continues... He finally sent a 3kg shipping label very early on Friday morning. Tried to send it at the Post Office but they don't accept this type of label at the Post Office, only drop boxes and sorting offices. I'm not dumping this into a random drop box on the street and the sorting office closes at mid-day on Friday... Fine. Finally dropped it off yesterday and got the 'certificate of posting' stamped.

Today, eBay have asked me for the original purchase receipt or order confirmation from the courier I used to return the item. Three times they asked and three times I told them that I didn't pay for the damn shipping... They have a copy of the original shipping label and a copy of the stamped certificate of posting - that is literally all that I have. I'm just waiting for the fourth email asking me for the same thing again...

7. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Bump feed is a marketing myth, like self cleaning or dog proof.

Saying that, when I swapped out the line on my last petrol trimmer, I didn't have to feed any for the entire year, it was like night and day compared to the stuff it came spooled with.

8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

My tumble dryer started making a lot of noise yesterday. It's been going five years, at probably about an average rate of two loads a week. It works fine, just louder and wanders around a little. Options:
    • Leave it be and probably piss the neighbours off a little when it's in operation.
    • Be the engineer I'm supposed to be, open it up and see if I can fix it (probably touching a capacitor in the process).
    • See if I can get a service engineer to have a look.
    • Buy a new one.
    • Tie it down (the noise went away if I held it firmly while it was working).
    This is a problem for tomorrow Pete. Today Pete can't be bothered as next wash day is a while off.

9. enbydee

enbydee Minimodder

Might just be me being paranoid (and previously living up the road from this and Grenfell) but I would absolutely get that looked at. High voltage static heated fields filled with lint are bad news, adding further heat through worn parts is badder.

Pete J likes this.
  10. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yeah not a fan of dryers. Definitely needs a clean out.

Pete J likes this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Looks like I'm putting my engineer's hat on tomorrow then!

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Sit on it while it's running, then when it starts to feel a bit hot down below, you'll know when to switch it off and get the fire extinguisher.

13. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Get somebody else to do it, if you plan on having (more) off-spawn in the future. @Pete J

Pete J and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  14. oscy

oscy Modder

@Shirty's Marketplace thread selling loads of everything for cheap. :hehe:

I spent a while umming and ahhing over things I don't really need, but would be nice at its discount. I've resisted!

Arboreal likes this.
  15. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Clean the filter, check behind for anything odd an then try an adjust the feet when its in place, when we had one it would vibrate an wind in one of the feet ended up threadlocking them which helped a lot.

Pete J likes this.
  16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bloody well took long enough, and I seemed to be the one doing all the damn work... Now I just have to wait for it to hit my debit card, which can apparently take 3-5 working days...

Last edited: 21 Sep 2020
    IanW, Pete J, Vault-Tec and 2 others like this.
  17. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

What a kerfuffle, wouldn't you have preferred to buy a ThinkPad off BLC like a normal bloke?

18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah that is one of the things that boils my piss tbh. Oh fantastic what a technological world we live in where you can buy something and send immediate payment yet the refund still takes 3-5 business days.

What a load of bloody arse that is !

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Who or what is BLC? Other than my initials, and my prior bit-tech username :grin:

I know, right?! I can have something completely inconsequential paid for instantly and delivered from half-way across the country on the same day. But you want a refund?! How dare you!

It's not even my bank that holds things up! Monzo are one of those banks than instantly deducts card transactions from your balance - none of this 'reserved transactions' horseshit - and I get instant notifications as soon as any transactions are approved. Often I get the notification on my phone before the till confirms the payment!

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

SCCM. What a steaming pile of bodged together ****.

perplekks45 likes this.