1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

got home on friday to have a sudden attack of flu like symptoms, ****ing floored me over the weekend until my fever broke sunday morning, covid self test kit showed negative but was advised by work to have a proper test which came back positive despite me feeling much better.

oh well, 10 day holiday i guess

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Ryzen master was junk for me. Total junk.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah.. Ryzen master hasn't been a particularly helpful piece of software to me either.

Especially coupled with the fact that Ryzen doesn't seem to handle ... I forget what it was, but basically multiple monitoring (Taskmanager counts, as does corsair icue..) agents running can force it into constantly trying to boost because it's detected 'load'. Since I have icue running to manage fan speeds, lighting, and so on, I guess RM gets a bit scatterbrained.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Having to schlep the cat to the vet's tomorrow morning, 'cos he's got possible inflammatory bowel disease. He's insured, but the excess is 20 percent - up from 10 percent before the last renewal - so this could get very expensive very quickly. I've already paid £203 for a blood test (total, I'll get 80 percent of that back if the insurer doesn't kick up a fuss), now he needs another blood test and an ultrasound.

Hopefully it'll be a quick diagnosis and then some pills and posh food to get him back on his feet.

5. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

It's too dark to take a picture of the exact same thing, so I'm just going to quote this post from last year. Fu*k I hate winter, and this year, there is no escape.

6. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

I looked at the picture first and was thinking, I remember that post...

Just be thankful your not in Fort McMurry
    [​IMG]
    With wind chill you no longer care if it is Celsius (-41°C) or Fahrenheit (-42°F).

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Dropped the cat off at the vets: he's going to need an ultrasound, needle biopsies, and another blood test. £850 all told, plus the £203 from the weekend. Happy to pay it, but I hope all this prodding and poking comes with a treatment plan that gets him back to full health again!

8. play_boy_2000

play_boy_2000 ^It was funny when I was 12

Just due to an oddity in the air masses, it's actually colder right now in Calgary (-31C vs -28C).

9. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

A second injury...
    Along with @Gareth Halfacree, I'm nursing a shoulder with tendonitis that nay now be turning into a frozen shoulder.

On Friday when squatting down to look in the fridge, I noticed that my right leg was unwilling to bend, as if I had tight trousers holding it back.
    Closer inspection showed it was quite swollen and felt tight to bend or fully straighten.

An ice pack has helped and I've tried to rest and elevate it, but it's uncomfortable at night; I can't get in a good position for long.
    I'm waking about hourly to shift position which isn't great for recharging the batteries.

I went to the physio yesterday for my shoulder and she spent more time on my knee.

She massaged the kneecap to stop it from locking up and felt round the joint to see what was going on. Where the pain is made her think I've a torn cartilage, which is unusual without having a direct cause like a twist or bag to the knee. I don't remember doing anything to bring it on.

The shoulder is worse movement wise and I may possibly have capsulitis from the slip I has over Christmas that wrenched the already unhappy joint.

My GP has been brilliant and phoned me back this morning having asked for a call first thing. He's seeing me at 8.45 am tomorrow, and has renewed the anti inflammatories for a month.

10. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

You're falling apart, it comes to us all. I've got osteoarthritis in my ankles, knees and hands...

11. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

I was hoping not be old and knackered this soon TBH!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I'm not sure which wrangles the most;

Being told a numpty in the lab has been confirmed with Covid, or

Being told I have to explain why I didn't achieve any of my set goals in 2020 before they chew me a new one on my next evaluation.

13. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Not really ruining but annoying...
    Another delivery delayed (first some bumper plates now a TV), so my plan to have stuff delivered whilst I'm off this week and as a surprise for when my partner gets back this weekend is falling apart rather rapidly :(

14. Gareth Halfacree

Definitely not ruining - and I'm still waiting on test results from the vet for the actual ruining part - but confusing, certainly: the desktop's started keeping one core at full boost speed at all times. Only happens on the schedutil governor, not ondemand or conservative. Can't figure out what the problem is, and the fact that a reboot will almost certainly "fix" it is just annoying.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I had a perfect answer to that one - THEY had me sit at home for six months on furlough!

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

My answer was similar, they sent everyone on furlough except for 2 or 3 of us, and I was busy.

17. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

My PC has decided it doesn't want to talk to my monitors anymore... Monitors work with the lounge pc so it's definitely something internal.

Edit: juat realised that the cpu doesn't have integrated graphics which is going to cause a slight headache with work on out of it's the motherboard that's playing up...

Might have to grab a cheap gpu to check.

Edit #2: Yep, the motherboard were pop...

Last edited: 26 Mar 2021
  18. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Uncle is dying. Prostate cancer that became a cancer of everything

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Crocodile Dundee, or to be more accurate the censorship thereof.

Twass on the telly box tonight and so many of the best bits were just snipped out, if you hadn't watched it before 1/3 of the film would make no sense at all.

This country is going to hell in a handbasket I tell ya, now if you'll excuse me I need to go and buy the DVD's before I'm told I should commit seppuku just for the shame of thinking about watching them.

IanW and goldstar0011 like this.
  20. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Partner's grandfather just died rather suddenly whilst she's out of the country, powerless to do anything :(