1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Sad to hear, chap. Really poor way of letting you know, bad form on their part.

My dentist friend's boss recently called one one of the nurses on a Saturday night to let her know she was being let go. What the hell is wrong with some people?

When I was made redundant, my boss had the goddamn decency to let me know as soon as he was allowed to, which from memory was a Tuesday morning.

MadGinga likes this.
  2. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Thanks guys, tbh they probably have let me know asap, but i'd've rather'ed they'd waited for first thing next week, so at least i could've had as relaxing a weekend as possible rather than continuously overthinking reasons/responses/etc. Glad i started on the cv tarting up and job applications as soon as they announed redundancies were coming... (last in, first out - kinda expected it was gonna be me)

Pete J likes this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

That is really ****, what a way to start the weekend... They could've waited until the start of the week rather than let you stew with that all weekend...

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

I know right? d*ck move.

5. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

Found out my bike's MOT expired four days ago. Whoops.

Good thing it was in for a service and some repairs anyway... I've never had to worry about MOTs on both bikes I've previously owned as they've been too new to need one (i.e. < 3 years old). At least now the MOT will coincide with the service, so...

6. creative

creative 500rwhp

I may or may not of cancelled my bosses mobile number out of our company account...
    I work in real estate and he is the principal of 2 offices, we manage nearly 2000 properties and sales turnover of $5m in sales comms a year and he has had the number for almost 20 years...to say he is on his phone a lot would be an understatement!

yeah that was fun.... its fixed but little does he know its currently on a payg sim card in my name until I can get it ported back into our company account in 10days... :D

Last edited: 25 May 2021
  7. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

Good ol' tick-borne illnesses.

8. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Surround amp's packed in. I'm hoping this is the culprit.

[​IMG]

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

That's the most beautiful Noctua'esque PCB I've seen in a long time.

Arboreal likes this.
  10. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Found out today my sis has stage 2 Breast Cancer. Long road ahead.

11. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh mate. Really sorry to hear this. Hope for the best for her and your family.

12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Waiting for a call back from 111
    [​IMG]

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Now waiting on a call back from an out of ours Dr.

14. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

My Diabetes no idea why but my blood sugars are all over the place 1 day there are at 8 the next at 29 its driving me insane slowly

15. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Either my soon-to-be ex is telling her side of the story, or I'm being paranoid but when you lose the odd connected friend on Facebook without a word it's hard to stop over thinking it massively

16. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Currently Rebuilding

Currently coughing my guts up.

17. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I lost my Axolotl today.
    Yesterday he tried to eat one of the Cory catfish, it got stuck in his mouth, then the wife and I had to prise it out. He was feeling sorry for himself last night, wasn't interested in eating. Looked a little better this morning but, then I found him floating upside down around lunchtime.
    We've just had a little burial for his little squishy self.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Seems daft but whatever, ordered a bunch of clothes from next for my holiday. I’d needed stuff for a while but kept putting it off because I’m a cheapskate.

Figured I’d order a few bits and find out what fits best. £165 ordered. £105 sent back it all was kind of bad quality for the money.

had some issues with the return, being nobody showed up, eventually they did come. Despite receiving one packet I got two returns labels so decided to put both on the packet. All scanned, happy days.

few days later refund of £25... expecting £105. Contacted next and let them know the issue, I’d been refunded for a single item when four others had been returned alongside in the bag. They said it might be a delay, they’d forward it on to the returns department for further clarification.

Today an email, next has adjusted my account by £20... no context. That’s all I got.

so still £60 out of pocket...

19. kim

kim hardware addict

I can't pretend it's ruining my life, but for the second time this year, I order something abroad and don't get it...:miffed:
    First one was a gaming chair I ordered to a Chinese seller the march 20 on Aliexpress, and as of now my parcel is just lost somewhere between Asia and here, and the tracking number leads to "unknown" ... I am actually struggling with the complaining process :sad:
    10 days ago, I ordered an item on Ebay from a seller called EVGA OFFICIAL, located in the united states, the shipping fees where 3 times the cost of the item itself but when you really want something, you don't care :naughty: ... this time, it was UPS who was in charge of the shipping, and I received a mail from UPS yesterday saying it was delivered, but of course nothing was in my box :p:
    I called them and they said, we delivered the parcel to an adress in the USA, that's the adress the seller gave us, contact him for any claim :grin:, I did, but perhaps he doesn't read his mails every days, as to contact Ebay, the funnyest thing, Google gives a phone number for French customers, but we need 10 numbers to phone, and the one they give has got 9 only :clap:

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Good luck, mate. This sounds a lot like a proper scam.