1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Wow.

Someone else can reply to that, because.... just.... wow.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I mean..We ain't helping.

But that subject aside, IMO humanity is going to kill itself. Feels like we're overdue another global conflict, and with the way global politics is spiralling around the toilet like deckchairs in a whirlpool, I doubt it'll take more than a generation or two for one to start. But we'll be better at wiping huge numbers of people off the global population this time.

3. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I just love it when I can get a reaction like this out of people. :naughty:

Definitely a possibility. The main reason for the general peace between big nations hasn't changed since the end of WWII: fear of mutual destruction.

Pete J likes this.
  4. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

too add to my misery about being full of fever, and having a totally sore and dead arm...

My mother decides to emotionally blackmail me, demanding i move the living room around ( moving large sofa's around, by myself, with one arm, while full of fever, in this heat ) when i said i would be unable to assist due to the doctors telling me to REST, she says she will do it on her own, overdose on her morphine when she puts her back out, and it will be MY fault

i snapped and told her id had enough of her emotional blackmail, and she now wants to move into a 1 bedroom flat, in order to make me homeless

5. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

That’s the kind of pessimism that makes me glad I probably only have 20 to 30 years left. Unfortunately I think you may well be right.

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I fell out of the pessimist tree, hit every branch on the way down, then figured one could also eat the tree upon hitting the floor.

But yeah. I'm not expecting to make it to 'the end' as it were without some spunktrumpet starting a big ol' war.

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Job interview in 15 minutes and it's 36c in my room and I cannot have my fan running whilst on call's because it's to loud so I will be melting whilst having the interview.

8. perplekks45

Good luck.

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah good luck man :)

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

I am convinced right now that being physically on fire would be cooler than sitting in my studio.

IanW and Byron C like this.
  11. perplekks45

I hate, hate, HATE it when people use the wrong words for everyday things. It happens in any language, but I really can't stand it. Like in German, for whatever reason, people have begun saying "es ist versendet" for "it's been sent" when it should be "es ist versandt". FFS, it's not that hard to just use the proper words. But some morons started saying it wrong and now everybody does it.

/rant

I know that I'm doing this myself (sometimes unknowingly), but it drives me up the walls when I see it (even when it's me doing it).

12. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I do not speak German¹, but I'm guessing that's equivalent to "it's been sended" versus "it's been sent."

1: I did do Duolingo for a bit, and for some reason have developed a habit of giving my children to the count of five to do something in German. It's weird: "one, two, three, four, five" and they carry on ignoring me; "eins, zwei, drei, vier, fünf" and they're on the straight and narrow before the final syllable's left my lips. Go figure.

13. _crazy_crazy_

_crazy_crazy_ mi mum say's that i'm special

it works on animals too xD

Byron C and Gareth Halfacree like this.
  14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The insanity of Royal Mail.

I cannot just walk into the post office 200metres from my house and post a parcel.
    Oh no that is unacceptable.
    I have to buy and pay for postage online, print my own labels and take it to the 'delivery office,' which is the Post Office 200metres from my house.

WTF? Why can't I just buy the same postage label from the Post Office, it's a Post Office.

15. perplekks45

You are absolutely correct.

May it be that you say it in a cliché German pseudo-military voice? As in, syllables as hard and short as possible?

16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

There's another way to speak German?

perplekks45 likes this.
  17. perplekks45

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The desk in my office room - the ****ing desk for ****'s sake - is warm to the touch.

I've taken to sleeping on a towel to stop me waking up every 30 or so minutes in a puddle of sweat. Have you ever tried sleeping on a towel? If it bunches up at all then that **** will dig right into you.

Still. It's nice sitting outside though. Far more pleasant than being indoors!

19. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

My desk was 31c this afternoon. Same temperature as the wall of my office.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

My ancient (ex-Maplin!) UPS finally expired, just as the temp in my study hit 34C last night.
    Luckily for me, the beer fridge is within arms reach.