1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

fridge just went bang, there goes £400 :/

2. Sgoaty

Sgoaty Minimodder

[​IMG] [​IMG]

These texts as soon as I switched my phone at work. Maybe not ruined my life but it's very annoying!

3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Second covid jab so feeling ropey, also think I have a dose of either food poisoning, or a gastro bug. Either way its horrible.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

That's a lot how I felt after my second dose. Generally grotty with a side order of stomach feeling bad and not wanting anything to do with food. Thankfully it only lasted until just after lunch the next day and I was then back to normal.

It's going to be interesting to see how the flu shot affects me this year. Booked in for that on the 20th of next month.

5. Almightyrastus

So my little HP Microserver goes and dies on me. No biggie, been running for a few years. I take out the PSU and test it, nothing, fair enough I can see the part number on from both Delta and HP as well as the HP replacement part number. I shall order up a new one...

Nope, I can find them as reconditioned for over £200 (I could buy 2 or 3 replacement servers for that...) or I can find others that are supposed to work, but are a completely different rating and have a different set of plugs on them. I need a 24pin ATX and 5 old molex and that's it. "but this one works"... "don't you have any with the right connections on it, your sales listing says that its a fit, yet the connectors are shown as 20 pin ATX with SATA power, that's not what my server has" - the conversion to sata power is all done on the 4 bay backplane.

So then I go to HP's site and go looking, nothing at all for a half hour of searching until I find a link buried in the butt-end of one parts listing that lets me know that all the server stuff has been moved to the HPE site. This is after trying to find out just what version of Microserver I have (no number on the case, just a S/n and a PID, neither of which are showing up on HP's website - of course I now know why).

I eventually find the PSU on the HPE site and it points me towards stockists, woohoo. One of them is even in Nottingham!! awesome...

Nope, they don't recognise the part numbers... So I got another one, London based this time, and they have it in stock. Great, for how much? Oh no, you need to create an account on the website to see what the prices are...

Looks like I am going to either have to see if I can get a cheap working server off somewhere like FB marketplace (Ebay is not much good, they are all on there for £100+, even the old ones...) or buy a "compatible" PSU and monkey around with the leads.

Is it really that hard to just buy a spare that I can put in, connect up and press the go button on?

Proper fed up now, need chocolate, a shower, and an early bed - opticians appointment tomorrow with the always lovely pressure test and flash photography that needs doing 7 fricken times because my top eyelashes grow straight down.

6. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Which Microsrver is it?
    I have an N40L that usually runs on a Flex ATX type PSU, but its previous owner replaced it with a Pico PSU with 12 external brick.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2021
  7. Almightyrastus

That's another thing, been trying to find the exact model via the sn or pid number, but HP's site is none too helpful on that front either....

I think it's the N54L, can't start it up to see what it says in the bios at the moment.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2021
  8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

How've you been looking it up?

I tend to find warranty lookups are slightly more accurate on the basis that, well, they don't want to repair **** so they get it right.

9. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

@Almightyrastus let me know the HP P/N and I'll see if I can get a quote for you via work :)

Almightyrastus likes this.
  10. Almightyrastus

Thank you, that would be awesome.

The PSU has 3 part numbers listed on it:

It is a Delta unit - p/n DPS-150TB A rev 00
    HP p/n 630295-001
    HP Spare p/n 620827-001

As I said in my post, the difficulty is not in finding a unit that will physically fit (it's a little jobbie), but finding the one with the right connectors - 24 pin ATX and 5 x 4 pin molex for the drives

11. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

No probs. I've emailed my colleague in work (I'm off this week) so I'll let you know when he comes back to me. It'll be a genuwine HP one from a HP parts supplier so should match the P/N exactly but I'll let you know.

Isitari and Arboreal like this.
  12. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

fs it never rains it pours, I think I've got damage to the front diff.

off to a gearbox mechanic tomorrow :(

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Try to run a google ads campaign and bam banned. This goes against our advertising policy, but you’ve got 50 of my competitors ads up? Advertising the same thing?? Using the text targeting the same keywords?

try to run a Microsoft marketing campaign banned. But once again you’ve got my competitors ads running…

Like okay, if your going to ban me don’t give my competitors a unfair advantage by showing there ads.

14. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Maybe it's because you are advertising services as a "sex panther"?

15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'd been putting it off but today I had no choice but to climb a ladder and drill a hole in my soffit:

[​IMG]

Now I wouldn't say I'm afraid of heights, but I certainly don't like them. Still, it's done now, and I can go back to working at the sensible height of 5' 8" :hehe:

16. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

The heat.

It's only a few days, but my house gets insanely warm and stuffy in anything resembling warm weather, and there's a few days lag for it to cool down. The weather turned today, but it'll likely be the weekend by the time my house cools back down.

17. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I had a CT contrast scan last Saturday that required a cannula for the injection of a dye. The first cannula 'burst' when tested, the second one made me scream a bit as it now appears he cannulated a tendon in my wrist and was puzzled why no blood came out.

My wrist has now turned black, aches and I can't hold any weight although the swelling has now gone down and most of the agonising pain has gone.

The third cannula was in the back of my hand curiously enough in the place where I'd told them I always have them done and worked perfectly.

18. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

My sister worked in Surgical Admissions at her old hospital and the Imaging Dept at her new one - it both cases, she was genuinely surprised at the number staff, including doctors and nurses, who regularly screwed up cannulation.

19. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Just had a meeting to close out a project that has been ongoing for approx 4 months now. One person on the call, who has skilfully avoided the many, many previous calls, decides that half the thing is wrong and wants to be measuring something entirely different.
    Well, not wrong exactly. Just not what they want to be measuring.
    This all needs changing by the end of the week.

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

When my mother was still alive she had to have an MRI every three months for brain tumours. The last time she was checked five (no, not kidding) nurses/doctors tried to cannulate... #6, a neuro-surgeon, finally succeeded. It was shocking to watch and even worse the next day with all the swelling and blue/black spots on her body. But, after a while, we laughed about it, because what else can you do?