1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Amen to that. As I like to say in response to 'fix it yourself' comments:

'Just because I like sex, doesn't mean I want to become a gynaecologist'

2. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Fair enough, but for the next person reading the thread, this is stuff that'll save you £1000's & £1000's over your motoring career.
    Don't tell anyone :idea: but I had a local garage change my oil pressure sensor last year, all because I was too lazy to be bothered with messing about with the undertray.

Never use a garage that offers free MOT tests, or Kwik Fit, they've gotta make their money back somewhere.

My local garage has the most expensive MOT's known to man, having them do my bike & car on the same day left me needing to sit down for a minute.
    But I'll use 'em every time for all the vehicles in the family.

3. IamJudd

IamJudd Modder

Hope you feel better... I find that two sheets covering torso but not feet or chest up works a treat when the weather doesn't know what it's playing at! I, too, am a sweater and hate that yellow pool of icky!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah this weather. Jees.

I tried to go for a ride the other day. Within about a mile my hands were sweating so bad I couldn't hold onto the grips FFS. Like a donut I forgot my gloves and my Vans, so pedaling in Nikes wasn't easy either.

Just hoping by the time I go home on Tues we get normal September weather. My flat is like a dutch oven at the best of times.

BTW when I am sick I sleep on clean towels. Feels really nice.

5. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Stuck at work, waiting for a emergency call out engineer.

Joy.

6. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

The tumble drier decided to end its life yesterday. Luckily it only set fire to its own plug and the socket it was plugged into. Now I'm going to have to find some cash for that, probably means pushing back learning to drive again.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Always seems to happen doesn't it? You make plans to do something after next payday or whenever, everything's set and ready, and then.... oh look, it's the water bill email popping up, or the car MOT, or this and that needs fixing, and then your plans get moved to the next month to have it all happen again.

I have a little notebook that I write "stuff what I need / want to do", and I am adding far more into it than I get to cross off...

8. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Always. About this time last year it was the washing machine. Then the fridge about 6 months ago. I think having a notebook would probably just make me depressed, I am moderately happy in my ignorance.

IanW and Almightyrastus like this.
  9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus Rule #9

Yup, I see your point on that one.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Waiting for a parcel at my workplace via Yodel.
    Their tracking page says it's not even "out for delivery" yet. *looks at timestamp of this post*

EDIT - Just had webchat with Yodel. Turns out the sender (Elegoo) missed off the first line of my workplace address. :duh: Now fixed, and also told them delivery must be between 8am & 4pm because "office hours". Rescheduled delivery for tomorrow.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2021
  11. David

My energy supplier has collapsed. Trying to check my account online produces an "unexpected error".

It isn't actually ruining my life just yet, but I'm sure the regulator will find a way to **** me.

12. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Rotary Cat.

We went on supply with a new company, Blue Planet, just two days before Bulb announced they need to raise funds to avoid going under. Blue Planet are 24% owned by BP and BP buy the leccy and gas which Blue Planet then retail. Hope it helps…

13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

What a hassle :sigh:

I was checking my tariff to see how exposed I am (it's variable, so it seems I'll just hit the market cap) and I also noticed my smart gas meter has stopped working. Judging by the readings it lasted less than a year :blah:

14. IamJudd

IamJudd Modder

Got a message through from Good Energy saying that everything is fine! Here's hopin'!

15. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah I just got an email today saying mine are gone as well.
    More potential hassle yay

16. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

I'd been meaning to sort out our energy supplier... We were with Green Network Energy previously, but I don't know if they went under or were bought out and we got moved to EDF. No point looking for new tariffs at the moment!

17. David

Green hit the fan along with Avro, today.

18. Byron C

Byron C Official Necromancer

I just looked it up in my email... I got an email on the 1st Feb telling me that GNE stopped trading on 27th Jan, so this happened yonks ago.

19. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Yeah, Green and Green Network Energy are two companies.
    I'm with Green and got the email today.

Byron C likes this.
  20. David

I got nothing from Avro - still can't log in. The main site just points you to the Ofgem site.