1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

More on this:-

• Proof of purchase located, sent & accepted.
    • Manufacturer asked local reseller to send out a new motherboard for it, which arrived yesterday
    • Motherboard fitted by me (no leftover parts, no magic smoke escape), but same fault remains
    • Sent video of fault to manufacturer & reseller, asking for a service agent to come out to us.
    • Receive email from reseller saying "How unusual, I've never seen this before!"
    Continuing saga continues...

EDIT - Manufacturer now wants to send me a new SBC for the printer. Still no mention of them sending us a human.

Last edited: 19 Jan 2022
  2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Oh my ****ing god. My doctors are gonna send me ****ing postal. Went to pick up my prescription, they'd only done 1 of the 4. Go round to doctors, tell them. "Oh we'll get that requested now and it should be done for Friday". Erm, ****ing no. :nono: You've had a week, you ****ed it up, I need these now as I haven't any left. "Oh well I can't go in to get him to sign it". Well see that thing in front of you, that's a phone. Pick it up, speak, job done. ****ing dickhead wouldn't even try. Rather than speak to the doc, she calls the ****ing pharmacy and asks them to give me ONE as an emergency. ****ING ONE!!?? The pharmacist has the foresight to give me 2 because he knows they're **** and it won't be done till Friday. Just ****ing fuming. 2 ****ing years I've been taking this **** and I can count on one hand the amount of times they've got it right. If I request it any earlier they tell me it's too soon, but then they constantly **** it up like this and leave no ****ing wiggle room if I request it later.

3. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Why they can't automate this process so that they email the pharmacy then send you the drug (with sufficient checks along the way and a physical appointment say every 6 months) I don't know. I've had high blood pressure for years but have to do the prescription dance every month. It's a pain in the proverbial! Makes my already steaming blood boil!

4. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I thought Lloyds Direct offered a free delivery service for repeat prescriptions?

@The_Crapman and @IamJudd would that be of any use or is it still reliant on your GP surgery not fecking up? May be worth a look, I've no idea on the details.

IamJudd likes this.
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Come live here, NHS app order drugs, get 2 months worth at a time for everything (wheezy old asthmatic & blood pressure meds), surgery emails it over to the pharmacy, I pop in a week later and bobs your mothers helicopter.
    Makes it a painless job, especially if you buy a prepay voucher.

LennyRhys likes this.
  6. The_Crapman

Pregabalin is a controlled substance I think, so they don't like dishing too much out at once. Stupid thing is that pre pandemic when I'd write it in my scabby handwriting on a scrap of paper, it would be done in 2 days. Now they won't take them, nor calls, has to be done through their website, have to allow 2 days for them to acknowledge the message and 2 days for it to be done. So basically a week, but request it too soon (any more than a week) and they throw strop and ask you to re-request it, completely ignoring weekends that would eat into any remaining supplies without the possibility of renewal. The prescription is automatically sent to the chemist next door though.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I have a middle ear infection. Everything sounds muffled and out of tune and I have a constant rushing noise in there.

8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Had a quick read, you can get controlled prescriptions delivered as well. Up to 30 days worth since 2019 if I read it correctly.

You can even do it if your GP uses paper, you just have to take a printed form down.

Otherwise, it's all done electronically.

Maybe worth a look to see if it is of any use, it's free and free is good :thumb:

IamJudd, IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  9. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

May have accidently killed my 2nd pc that I was cleaning to sell :wallbash:

Let's just say wet wipes, tiredness and rushing do not mix :duh:

I have today and tomorrow off work so I am going to strip the whole thing and get see what has happened, I hope if anything has fried it is only the GPU (1070) and PSU (650w) as I have spares of them currently.

In other news though I ordered the Quadro P2000 this morning for my Dell Poweredge R720 server.

IanW and The_Crapman like this.
  10. The_Crapman

GPU is a sad thing to lose in these times though. Not sure a compact h&k pistol will do your server much good. :eyebrow:

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

The PC up to now is up and running, and completed a Heaven Benchmark run, just installing 3DMark and gonna leave that running but need to also run some other stuff to stress everything.

If the GPU does throw up issues I am not to bothered about it, yes it's a 1070 which on Ebay is going for about £300 but I also have a MSI GTX 1660Ti Gaming X sat doing nothing now which is going up for sale soon.

Now for my server though all I need to get is a Disk Shelf and then some hard drives so that I can start using it for Plex.

12. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

They made changes to the subscription service where, instead of the delivery company doing the job for you (based on your request for a repeat prescription through an app), you now have to request via email the surgery for a repeat prescription (4-working day turnaround) then the company sends it out (add post plus any delay days). I did manage to turn my one month pres into two months but then that kinda buggers up my prepay voucher in regards to cost over the year. Essentially, I need to have another illness with prescribed medication to get the value from the prepay but, you know, it’s still an annoyance!

adidan likes this.
  13. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I’ll take a look - anything to make it easier! My son has equisym xl which is also controlled so that sounds like a plan

adidan likes this.
  14. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The much newer car I bought last year in response to my ancient car breaking down too often... has broken down.

Damn.

15. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sorry to hear that, dammit.

You have my and my wallet's sympathy...

Went though the same 3 1/2 years ago, wasted a lot of money and back older cheaper motoring at the moment. I hang on to cars if I like them, and don't change cars regularly.
    2003 Audi A6 did 2012 to 2018.
    Since July 18 I have had 5 cars, which is unheard of.
    First one was a DPF night mare and cost a fortune and was summarily dumped. Next one went back for a full refund in a month, one was written off by my son, and the last did 2 years and developed a too expensive fault.
    Wasn't going to diesel again, but 2009 A4 2.0 TDi is doing fine.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

We do the same. My wife bought our present little Daihatsu, ex-demo with 1500 miles, in 2006 when we were both working. When she retired and I was working within walking distance of home, we sold my car as hers was newer and cheaper to run than an old Citroen Xantia, as much as I like Hydropneumatic suspension. No plans to change it yet as it's as reliable as night following day and, only has 66,000 miles on it. No point throwing away a good reliable car. These days I don't really care what I drive, as long as it works.

The_Crapman likes this.
  17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I hate DPFs with a passion. I will never own another diesel for as long as they exist.

Arboreal likes this.
  18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

work stressful, home-life stressful, no downtime; arghhhhhhhhhh.
    (oh and missed the effing deadline to pay for speed awareness course)

19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Some absolute bell end has decided to bring the A50 to a complete standstill. Which is lucky, because I have nothing better to do than sit in a car which doesn't have enough fuel to casually leave the engine running.

A 1 hour trip home seems to be on course for 3.

20. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Misjudged how much of a time-sink a device on test would be. Had a 17-hour workday yesterday, and I wouldn't be surprised if I'm looking at the same today.

Boo-urns.

The_Crapman likes this.