1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Nah, @David straddles them like the Colossus of Rhodes.

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

No, the shed blew away.

Byron C, Mr_Mistoffelees and Arboreal like this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Much ado about nothing, mate.

It got a bit windy, and we had to call a halt to deliveries and collections, but it was pretty tame around here.

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

It's been pretty wild today in a few parts here in Cornwall, had a some of the roof tiles go and the fence will need a bit of maintenance once the weather's cleared but I've otherwise managed to avoid any major damage... can't say the same for some of my friends nearer to the north coast of the county.
    Thankfully our workplace had enough sense to tell us all to work from home today... though Internet went down at around 1pm and hasn't come back yet so that put a stop to most of my work.

Currently trying to manage being online with a tethered mobile connection that keeps flipping between 3g and no service, hooray for unreliable rural mobile service.

5. adidan

For a change it pretty much missed us this time, just a yellow wind warning but thats pretty much par for the course up here.

6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Minimodder

It’s been windy? Saw some snow earlier, it didn’t settle. That’s about it.

7. Byron C

Byron C Necromancers are just healers with bad timing

[​IMG]

I'm being facetious, it really isn't that bad here. It's a bit blowy, but it's no worse than we've had before.

On the other hand... up in the valleys, or in exposed areas... yeah, totally different story. Some really tough times ahead for people.

8. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Ruining my Sunday is a Philips head screwdriver, driven ~20-25mm into the palm of my left hand. Which by my maths isn’t far off clean through.

Loss of sensation in my left index finder, a very unpleasant prod about by the doc, one tetanus shot, 7 days of antibiotic horse tablets, I’ve had better weekends :/

9. The_Crapman

The_Crapman Don't phone it's just for fun. Lover of bit-tech

So I've had to make the tough decision to put the CustomPC gig and Makin Computers on hold. Just don't have the physical capacity to do a full time job then sort of reviews and such in the evening's weekends, need them to recuperate and recover.

Thanks to everyone who had lent their support

Arboreal and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

Understandable mate, time and energy are a finite thing and you don't want to spread yourself too thinly.

In the meantime you could always throw out a MakinTikTok every now and then :happy:

11. The_Crapman

It's been an especially difficult decision because I know the likelihood returning for anything substantial is close to zero. After sorting out myself, my job, my house, then will come the time vacuum of kids. Still, will be a good story to tell them every time I get a bit tipsy :hehe:

Did actually have an idea for a tiktok channel that requires next to no effort. Might be total bollocks, but that's 99% of tiktok as far I can tell from the constant bombardment of adverts on YouTube.

12. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

You just need to be an attractive late teen/early 20s type. Film yourself mouthing along with the catchiest part of whatever zeitgeist song is making everyone moist at the moment, slap a filter on it and make sure you pout at the end.

10 million likes, easy.

The_Crapman likes this.
  13. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Due to the weather, I've been awake since 23:30 Sunday. I'm now at work until at least 16:00 today.

14. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

On one hand i want to ask how?! On the other, ouch. (sorry, not sorry; i'll get my coat)

Sorry to hear that, but good luck with the job!

The_Crapman likes this.
  15. The_Crapman

This is why I would not appear in them, but it's already taken. Nevermind. Even 60seconds a day is too much time dedicated to that tripe anyway. I'll just sip my coffee and enjoy some peace and tranquility.

Arboreal likes this.
  16. Byron C

[​IMG]

Cleared the Teams cache, deleted and re-linked accounts... Kinda need this today to attend classes remotely!

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

Balancing on joists in the loft, in poor lighting, trying to force something that didn't want to be forced. A product of my own stupidity and impatience, entirely.

My left hand is already janky from an accident two years ago where I attempted, but graciously failed, to remove my thumb, so it's not an issue, only barely more janky than before.

18. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

d'oh! At least it was the already-knackered hand! Silver linings and all!

(were there too many exclamation marks in that?)

My own "ruining", my old boss passed away last week, totally out of the blue (from my PoV), was supposed to be arranging a catch up, which now will never be :(
    Had great respect for him as an engineer and as a boss/manager, strange that i'll never get to work with him again.

19. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

My commiserations @MadGinga, I lost a good friend like that 2 years ago and my ex boss 5 years ago. Although my ex boss was terminally ill, we'd met on and off and I was due to meet him to discuss some legacy stuff th eday after he died.

In other news, putting my ball hitch through someone else's front grille wasn't a great thing yesterday...

20. Byron C

This... this isn't a euphemism... is it...?

adidan and Arboreal like this.