1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I mean, just don’t hook up with one of the aforementioned ____s and you’re grand though.

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I sure as hell don't set out to hear about slebs...

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah problem is man I seem to attract it. Hence why I have sworn off of it. I seem to always end up with one like that.

Mrs V_T V1 had the same issue. "Meghan is on heroin again. She wants me to take her to Philly and get some. Should I?". Yeah, great idea, just bring her in your car with heroin and get nailed coming over the bridge. The fact she even had to ask me, sheesh. Just addicted to drama.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I don't even know what you guys are talking about and that fact makes me think I should post in 'the other thread'.

liratheal, Arboreal and spolsh like this.
  5. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Partner in hospital, had a funny episode while driving. Thankfully she was able to pull over safely and flag someone down. Looks like she's staying in overnight, had been going away tomorrow for the weekend but thats now looking a bit unlikely... see what happens i suppose.

Meanwhile, another troublesome eBay buyer. bought a ring from me for £135 and has said it hasn't turned up. No bother, I shall do the decent thing and try follow up with the courier. Didn't even bother to check the delivery photo until today but found it quite clearly had been delivered.

Message today with some very thinly veiled threat of contacting the police...? lol wut. I assume is to scare me into hurrying me along and possibly pressure me into refunding in haste? ring and money.. win win!

Na... now I could be wrong and will still follow through with "investigating" but seems like a chancer to me

6. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

This is why more people should just stop using eBay. Sell locally via gumtree, Facebook marketplace etc and you’ll have much less trouble.

I don’t even buy cheap tat from China on there anymore. That’s what AliExpress is for.

7. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

I lost trust in eBay a long time ago, now I only use it to buy low value items I cannot find elsewhere and, stopped selling there years ago.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  8. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Ray Liotta yesterday and Andy Fletcher today...

As someone who has listened to Depeche Mode most of my life, Fletch's passing hits hard at just 60...

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Online only car insurance.... Perfect for 99% of the time but that one time you REALLY need to speak to someone about your policy as computer says no....

ARGH!

Email only communication with responses from a different person each time. Could I do this over the phone it would have been sorted already.

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

10. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I know your pain with insurance companies. I added my recently licensed 17 year old son as a named driver to one of our cars (Fiat 500). Got quoted £750 extra for the remaining 3 months of the policy or £1000 extra for a new 1 year policy. I had to cancel and start a new policy, utter madness.

11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Anyone else having trouble with the Stranger Things punch card on Microsoft Rewards? I cannot get the "Save on Hits from the 80s" to 'tick' and finish my card for the 500 points...

12. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

Yup, same. I wonder if it was meant to be on there. The punch card text reads "complete all 4 activities" and, well, there's 5.

13. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

General Accident by any chance? Absolutely awful to deal with.

14. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Managed to close it off today - The 80s films weren't appearing and now they are!

VictorianBloke likes this.
  15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Returned from holiday yesterday, neighbour approached me out of the blue.

"I know you've only just got back, we're having a bit of a jubilee gathering on Friday, everyone in this area is coming, 1pm my garden we'll have a BBQ so bring your own food to cook.... see you there?" Immediately put on the spot with no preplanned response...

What I said: "Yeah that sounds great!"

What I meant to say: "I'd rather burn down my own house "

So many reasons why I feel this way, certain neighbours I tend not to get on with very well (busy bodies, generally not nice people) some I don't really know at all. I'm also quite happy being socially awkward.

Originally earmarked Thursday & Friday (the two warmest days) for a bit of gardening, I have a ton of pallet wood ready for a nice long planter to tidy up the place. If I make an excuse now I'll have to physically leave my house because our garden is next door to the garden the BBQ will be hosted... Spoke to my partner about it "Oh it'll be nice"... Now If I don't go or formulate a really good excuse, I quite clearly ostracise myself from the neighbours... who will take in my parcels then ey!?

Praying for rain... snow... thunder...

Pete J likes this.
  16. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Deadpixels -

"I had some news today which has knocked me for six... so I think it best we don't attend your party as we might be a bit down" (thinking about all the gardening I could have got done)!

IanW likes this.
  17. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

Car blew up, that’s always fun.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  18. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

https://map.blitzortung.org/#5.49/54.661/-4.438

Looks like there is a bit of activity going on at the moment, and we had a MASSIVE hail and rain storm here in Nottingham yesterday so you never know...

19. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

... yer clutching at straws, and soon as the weather realises that somebody wants it to rain or be otherwise tempestuous , it won't. You might get a light breeze to flutter the little flags if you're lucky.

... alternatively "Here's some sausages and burgers, the other 'alf is gonna hang around over here, just give me a shout over the fence when the grubs ready,[slightly louder] anybody fancy giving me a hand making this planter ?" - This makes you look productive, busy and a friendly sort of chap

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

If it makes you feel better, I get the image of the car literally exploding as you set foot outside the front door, then commenting in a low voice:

"Well, that's a bit of a problem."

DeanSUNIAIU and perplekks45 like this.