1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

atomic huel farts.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Yep, got a nice curve, and on one side more than the other too, the top edge getting the brunt of the heat.

It's currently being squished between the table in the office and the dining room table, with some steel sheets and a rig per he'd on top. Hopefully that'll flatten it out, at least enough that it can be tied down flat.
    PXL_20221103_110241361.jpg

adidan and Pete J like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Just sorting out tickets for The HU next month....

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they're gone.

Sold out.

Absolutely gutted, I've been looking forward to seeing them for over a year, who knows then they'll be back... Closest other show is either Manchester or Birmingham and that's a long ass trip...

4. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

It might not be to your taste, but Tenacious D just announced they're playing London's O2 Arena next June. Tickets go on sale 10am tomorrow at

https://www.planetrocktickets.co.uk/tickets/?search_str=TENACIOUS+D

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm sure you can get tickets for the little inconvenience of losing a kidney or your car and just buy off a scalper on ebay.

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A pox on them.
    I wanted tickets to a show in Manchester next year, an artist I like and it fell on my 50th birthday, managed to get into 3 different pre-release sales and bombed on them all, bombed on the official release too.
    But I can buy tickets for 3 - 4 times face value from these asshats, it has right royally P'ed me off.

Edit, just checked sub £100 tickets are now online for £400+

perplekks45 likes this.
  7. perplekks45

I tried to get tickets for Adele 10+ years ago when I lived in Vienna. Two phones, two laptops, no chance. 30 minutes later the 50 Euro tickets went online for 800.

Good there were no kids around when I started venting my anger. The words I used towards the scalpers would likely have ruined their minds forever.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Managed to get tickets via the "official" resale process. Thankfully one of the few good things that Ticketmaster does is provide a platform for people to sell their tickets on to other people. It still lets sellers dictate the price they sell their tickets for, but it at least takes away the risk of receiving a dodgy photocopy.

adidan and perplekks45 like this.
  9. perplekks45

Congratulations! How much did you feel skinned?

Byron C likes this.
  10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not bad actually, it was only a fiver over face value

11. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Can't remember what the OH was going to see but then couldn't so did the official resale thing.

She wasn't allowed to list it above face value. Think it may have been ticketmaster.

12. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Might have changed policy then, because this one was definitely above face value!

[​IMG]

13. adidan

Maybe nobody wanted to go to what she had tickets for :lol:

Edit: I've had clarification from the OH. As a seller she couldn't sell for more than face value but Ticketmaster add a bit and admin charges blah blah on top.

She just got what she paid back even though they sold for more.

Or it's changed like you say.

Last edited: 5 Nov 2022
    Byron C likes this.
  14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Waited two hours for a take-away delivery only to be told that my order "didn't exist" and it would be more than 45 minutes to get anything out to me. F- that, I've already waited two hours for them - requested a refund through just-eat and ordered pizza instead. Last time I order from that Chinese take-away...

Plus: Cardiff's "big" fireworks display was cancelled due to cost, so of course everyone is making up for it by setting off more of their own instead. Constant fireworks for hours now... I couldn't care less about fireworks, but my cats are absolutely petrified.

15. adidan

Same, I don't mind them for about 20 seconds then it's a bit samey once you're over the age of 5.

Funnily enough my cat couldn't give a crap about fireworks, she'll sit and watch them sometimes.

Now if it was Vacuum Night she'd be going ballistic.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Our dog thinks he needs to go outside and sort the fireworks out, the cat is scared of them.

As for the vacuum cleaner, the wife usually does the vacuuming and leaves it out for me to empty. The dog is ok with the noise but, the cat doesn't like it so, when the wife puts it down after finishing and before I empty it, the cat tries to beat it up...

IanW, Isitari and Vault-Tec like this.
  17. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

I was worried for a moment there, but glad you you had such a lucky escape.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

At, locally, around 170p per litre, petrol is 14 times more expensive, than when I learnt to drive in 1983...

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My relationship is gently falling apart. I think it's for the best, but it leaves me lots of questions. Like where to live. But, it's not a screaming, shouting mess. We are different people and we need different things. And nobody's tossing me out. It's more like we live separate lives in the same house.

20. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

I don't drive but i was surprised how wide the price difference between petrol and diesel is now... it was 1.60-something and 1.90-something respectively...