1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Once you have a name you can do a lot, Byron. Don't be so hard on yourself. I was 37 before I was diagnosed with autism. I just thought I was a shite person.

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

One of the problems with mental health issues and getting help, is that many people simply don’t realise they have a problem. Been there myself…

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Unfortunately because of the taboos many refuse to look into it and just destroy everything around them whilst simultaneously blaming it on them.

Been there, did that. My analogy? comes from a Lee Evans sketch about football. Basically a player commits a foul, a completely blatant foul. The whole crowd then boos, and he shoves up two fingers and says "F**K OFF ! YOU'RE ALL WRONG!".

Accepting you are the issue is bloody tough for any one tbh. Because at that point? you need to take all of that blame and guilt on yourself. I am so glad I made that journey, though. Being humble never hurt any one. And it isn't a sign of weakness either IMO. It is just improving yourself, which every one should do any way.

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Oh definitely. I didn't mean that as a slight on the people who don't, more an affirmation that any step in a positive direction with mental health is a hard one to take.

Arboreal and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Accidentally obliterated my mouse mat today by attempting to clean it. I loved that mouse mat and it seems Logitech no longer sell it. Oh well, nearest equivalent ordered...

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Waiting on Lyrica script, has now turned into painting the house with vomit. I hate taking medication like that but the alternative is worse, sadly. My body wants to die out from under me but I won't let it. I have stuff I want to accomplish.

7. mi1ez

mi1ez Minimodder

Said goodbye to our rabbit yesterday as we've had to surrender her due to my allergies (ENT has basically said they won't do any more tests on my snoring, sleeping and hearing issues till I get on top of my allergies, and testing has flagged grass/hay to be the biggest issue).

Been 7 years since we adopted her from a rescue, hope this rescue find somewhere she's happy.

8. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

my fold being repaired has gone from being with an engineer to delayed, waiting for parts, back to an engineer three days later and now its once again delayed waiting for parts, what on earth are they doing with it, I go away in a little over a week and preferably need it back for then

9. Mr_Mistoffelees

Been having occasional, momentary lapses of concentration including, rarely, when driving. Nothing has happened before and I have not worried about it much. Today I think it may have happened again and I crashed the car quite heavily, I was also partially blinded by the low sun and wet road. but airbags and seatbelts did their thing so we are both OK apart from seatbelt bruising.

However, this has scared the hell out of me, I could so easily have killed somebody. Got an appointment with the quack soon to talk about it.

10. Byron C

Byron C Playing life on "Hard" difficulty

Jesus, glad you’re both ok!

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  11. Vault-Tec

/facepalm.

So my dust filter was due to be delivered with UPS yesterday. I waited, and it then said "Delivered through letter box". It wasn't here. Knocked the neighbors, nothing. Spent a while hoping that wherever it was they would not open it and steal it and just put it through our letterbox. Still nothing :(

At 8pm last night I checked it on UPS's site..... I sent it to the flat FFS.

12. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Holy moly, glad you're physically ok at least dude.

Good thing to go and get checked out though :thumb:

13. Vault-Tec

Yeah sorry man I didn't see that post. Glad you are OK, hoping for good things at the quack.

14. Vault-Tec

Holy friggin crap. Before I begin to complain I must give a HUGE shout to EK. Their AIOs can run for over 3 months with the fans not connected. I can not believe that the pump did not melt (but then that is why I bought it in the first place !) and that my CPU did not die, or the mobo etc.

About three to four months ago now I bought a new GPU. 6800XT Strix LC. I fitted it, and it was boss. Hot, though. I could not understand why my temps were 20c hotter than reviews, and figured that it was B grade because it was a bit poo and ran hot. It hasn't skipped a beat, though. Any way, during the last gaming session I got so sweaty I had to stop. When I touched the top of the rig it was hot. Like, REALLY hot. Like, you can barely touch it hot. I figured again it was the GPU, as it was the only thing changed and I put that down to big Navi being a bit of a sod.

Today though I figured I should take a look. IDK why. Probably from the last time, where I tried to touch the top where the 360 rad is.

You can't see the EK Vardars. They are on the rad in pull, but they are behind a shroud that runs the whole length of the case as structural support. I tried to turn my head around and peek up, but the glass was reflecting and I still could not see anything. So, given it needed a clean any way I decided to just take it down and investigate. First I removed the fan frames, as for some reason even with the spacers it all seemed too close to the front glass. It was at that point I realised I HAD FITTED THE ENTIRE FRONT PANEL BACKWARDs. FFS ! That is why they were so close to the glass GOD DAMMIT.

I absolutely hate taking the front apart. It is a balancing act, and you must remove it to fit anything to it. So you then have a rad loose, and the front, and the fans. It is a total ballache. Any way, got that done. Removed the top of the case.

"Holy F the fans are not even connected !!!". So for four months it has been running passively on a pump. OVERCLOCKED. It has not once shut down, or complained, or rebooted or crashed. Gaming has not even throttled.

So of course I connect them, put most of it back together and put it back up. BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. FFS. Took it down, did some cable work, put it back up and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

On the third attempt I finally got it going without wires being eaten by fans. I then had an over hour long fight with my Aquaero trying desperately to get the fans to spin faster than 490 RPM.

I hate computers. I friggin HATE computers.

Apart from EK AIOs. They're incredible.

IanW and Isitari like this.
  15. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

on the saga of the fold....

its finally ready to be returned to be, yay great news.... why am I here then...

so the repair report states they found it had a faulty display? well it certainly didn't when it was sent away, not a mark on either screen and no screen burn or damage at all on them. their list of what fixes they done includes;
    º Updated your device's software to the latest version.
    ºReplaced the display and touchscreen.
    ºReplaced an internal battery.

there is no mention of them sorting the electroplating that has flaked off at all, so when it returns to my local EE if its still there ill be not accepting it and telling them to send it back

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Job is suddenly realising their pay structure is no longer as attractive as competing employers and staff are jumping ship for better wages. To rectify that, they’re upping wages in some areas to compensate and improve retention. Namely, my previous job role… which pretty much brings it almost inline with my current pay despite promotion.

My pay, could be no change… I’m not feeling hopeful. It’s annoying, but I can eat food which is a lot in the current climate so I won’t grumble on that point.

However, by making such change makes promotion less financially appealing, therefore less people in my role = more work for me…

Great.

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

A quick nap after work ended up being nearly 12 hours long.

Urgh.

18. Mr_Mistoffelees

Last edited: 3 Dec 2022 at 22:27
  19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Call from the missus to say the rear window of the car has asploded. No kids in the back at the time, thankfully. Wonder how long it'll take for it to be replaced - and I guess I'll have to, I dunno, take everything valuable out and tape it up with binbags in the meantime...

MLyons likes this.
  20. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm sorry, what? Like, autonomously?