1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. gar

gar Minimodder

Hi just decided to race my bicycle again and I keep getting injuried even though I've been very slow and gradual with my training. Oh well.
    No there are worse things and I have been through worse, but relitave to the sport this is a disaster as I just got over a 2 month virus and was trainging and eating well since the new year.

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

My ability to concentrate and do my own work afterhours.

Coffee, Cocolate, & Meat are big culprits and are now no longer in my diet, no more snickers :-(

3. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

Feeling like I'm not as smart as I used to be. That or I'm just getting old at 22......

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm sorry to hear that your life sucks so epically... I agree that one cannot compare personal suffering and there are people posting in this thread who are dealing with some phenomenally difficult circumstances. But there are also some posts that, after a day's work on the cancer ward, to my ears sound a bit, well, whiney.

Probably it's just me being a bit harsh (but that's what I am so...). After all people just need to offload their **** and have a moan occasionally, and this thread is as good as any place to do it. But perhaps the thread should be; "What sucks in your life at the moment?" rather than "What is ruining your life at the moment?". After all, it's good to keep a bit of perspective. Most people deal with suckage. But not everybody deals with the epic levels of crap that you, for instance, are having to cope with.

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I guess it's impossible to measure how miserable someone feels. Some people may think that getting cancer is "just another slight setback" while some people feels that their world will end if they have to go 2 days without a computer. And in some cases i guess those two people could feel just as miserable. It's just a matter of what you are used to be able to handle.

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I think the post above me sums it up. I just don't want people running around saying that's not bad, THIS is bad to each other.

Things will improve for me, I know it. It will just take time.

7. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

You're the moderator, I'm sure no-one would complain about your adding a little perspective to it all :thumb:

8. Nexxo

Of course they would ("Moderators are totally ruining my life...") :p

That may be true, but in the first scenario I might think "positive coping strategy" (or "denial", depending on), while in the second I might think "addiction". :p

9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I thought China was the only country to say the internet is officially an addiction.

Are you a Chinese spy Nexxo? :p

10. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Yeah. hehe.

That doesn't make it less true, though. Both are conditions that needs to be dealt with.

11. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Haven't seen my girlfriend in days due to school being out (snow days).

12. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

Selling everything I own to continue building a computer.
    Alas my current one can do everything I already need it to do....

13. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I vote for this thread to be moved to the serious section. I don't think it has to be done, but it wouldn't hurt

14. Nexxo

Only one deserves sympathy.

Too late...

15. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Point is, who decides? Where is the limit?

(I don't disagree with you, but it's a think to think about)

16. Sir Digby

Sir Digby The Supprising Adventures

To give some context to my last post, so I don't seem quite such a whiner. Going to university and this summer are what I'm living for at the moment, and for most of my life doing well in school has been the motivation to keep me going. Missing Glastonbury would also mean not seeing a good friend for most of the summer too.

I know it doesn't even slightly compare to the crappiness in other peoples life, but hopefully I don't come across too whiney. :)

17. Nexxo

I know, I'm being a bit flippant. But I guess that a rough baseline for comparison is: "would it kill you if..." --or at least make you seriously contemplate suicide? If being without a PC makes you feel that way, you may have a bigger problem in your life...
    Naah. It sucks totally, for sure. It's just not life ruining calibre.

18. unknowngamer

unknowngamer here

My boss.

I can't go into details.

Total stab in the back.

I'll have to get the union in to cover my back, I think my boss would rather stab me in the back than cover it.

19. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

A girl.

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it's not ruining my life by any means but it kinda sucks to have the feeling I will never be worth anything

it took me three years (4 and a half in total) before I got my first diploma (IT) only to realize I was not interested in working in this for my whole life. Then I got in Engineering and so far, even though I kind of like it, I have been terribly bad at this math/physics/chemistry thing

The future for me is blank, it has always been. I have no idea what I want to do with my life and I'm sure I am not the only one here. Older generations did not have this problem and they just don't understand us