1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. VictorianBloke

VictorianBloke Man in a box

I'd love to be able to tell you, but I'm pretty sure I've had that avatar since I registered in 2007. I just remember it was a random internet grab, and that I was listening to the Roundhouse Tapes at the time.

Such a random coincidence if it is your work, I go looking for a Bit avatar, and home in on a design by a bit-techer!

2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

So this week has been a pain. Over £200 on new front and back door locks for my house so we can get in both doors and keep the ex tenant out.

There'll be several hundred on carpet, downstairs flooring, repainting and a clean up crew soon too.

Absolute effing tenant.

There's mould there now too. We lived in that house for years without a spot of mould.

This effer has left it in an unliveable state. Oh and there's a sofa and wardrobe to pay to be disposed of too. A cooker that looks like it's been shat on with a pan full of some mouldy 'food' to boot.

To top it off the gas meter says 'no credit' so that's another headache. At least the check out inventory is fully documented so utilities have a clear cut off point.

That's a tomorrow job.

The sooner I get it painted, carpeted and refloored the sooner I can sell the effing thing.

IanW and Vault-Tec like this.
  3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Good luck mate.

IanW, Pete J, Arboreal and 1 other person like this.
  4. adidan

Cheers dude.

I know there are bigger problems around but nothing riles me more than people creating hassle when there was no need for any.

The bizarre thing is, amongst all the trash left, there's a shed load of cleaning products. :lol::wallbash::hehe::rollingeyes::happy:

IanW, Vault-Tec and Pete J like this.
  5. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I reckon adidan hasn't serviced the boiler for a decade and it's been monoxiding the tenant, who has now been institutionalised :lol:

adidan likes this.
  6. adidan

How very dare you! On the dot, every year :happy:

Our gas lad has mentioned before the guy is a bit, unusual, to deal with.

Edit: Plus it's the gas meter that has zero credit on it :p

Edit: Edit: HA HA HA HA HA, carpet and flooring quote £2800 for the cheapest option HA HA HA HA :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Last edited: 25 Mar 2023
  7. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Time to find the **** and introduce him to the concept of tarring and feathering.

adidan likes this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oof. I imagine that's the nail in the coffin for ever thinking about renting out again. Do you at least get some sort of insurance payout?

9. adidan

I'll have to have a look, maybe.

But yeah, I'm getting out and cutting my losses. If I do rent again it'll either be somewhere in Finland (my OHs dad rents out there and the agents guarantee income whether or not they pay! They're alot more on the ball there for both landlords and tenants).

Or when we've move to a place with a bit of land and have holiday lets, a shepherds hut or something - that's the ideal.

Pete J likes this.
  10. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Stop with the wishful thinking already /evil cackle.

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My old computer chair finally gave up for real this time. The ruining bit is that it dumped me onto the floor as the connection to the gas ram snapped. I am now in agony as it made my back spasm. Got it kinda back together, but it is now so unstable that I am having to continually try and balance, I can't sit back so the cats can't sit on me and they don't understand why I keep having to turn them away and they can't come and curl up with me :-(

Now need to get another one but am firmly in the park of the cheap vs good boots story. No way that I can afford a decent chair that will last way longer and be repairable so I am going to have to get another cheap one that'll end up with the gas ram dying in a few weeks, then the wheels will break on the cheap plastic base. Yay, fun.

12. adidan

I hope we're talking about your chair and not your back right? :worried:

Almightyrastus likes this.
  13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Still working on putting my back together, it's holding on, just holding on a little too tightly and cramping a bit. The chair on the other hand seems to be staying together for as long as I sit on it, kinda worried that the top of the gas ram might decide to exit stage north and give me a probing....

14. adidan

I take my hat off to you Sir for your bravery, you're a better man than I.

Well until you bond with your chair but then at least you'll be able to do Bee Gees songs next time you're at karaoke.

15. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Some cock-hole tried getting in the front door last night. That fact we cracked out the new TV yesterday afternoon is surely not a coincidence. Tried breaking the window out the pvc door by the looks of it, o my to find it wasn't beading round the edge bit a continuous panel. That'll be £300 smackeroos on the excess for a replacement. Joy!

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Were you in at the time? Must've made a racket?

17. The_Crapman

Was last night while we in bed. Did not notice till we went to leave for a meal out earlier this afternoon. My meds have me unconscious most nights and Mrs crap was shattered and we both slept through it. Bedroom is at the back of the house though.

18. adidan

Dude that sounds both disturbing and rage inducing.

19. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Aye, not good, sorry you've had to go through that.

Here's an anecdote on a similar subject: A friend of mine was going round at Christmas doing his visits, and his Dad had just bought an iMac and asked him to dispose of the box as he didn't have recycling for cardboard. Sure, the box goes on the back seat of the car and he drives round to visit someone else. Of course, when he gets there he realises the huge box with the Apple logo and picture of an iMac on the front is begging for someone to smash his car window. No problem he thinks, I'll just take it up with me and then back down when I leave. As they're going up the century old stone tenament steps, they meet a couple coming down. He sees his opportunity and making sure they've seen the box, drops it backwards over his shoulder and all the way down the stairs :hehe:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  20. The_Crapman

Yeh pretty unnerving really. Poor cats must have had a fright. Although if they tried sticking their ha d through the letter box, chances are Ralph would have ripped their fingers the shreds

adidan likes this.