1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MugenUK

MugenUK What's a Dremel?

Consciousness - what a pain!

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Little background about me first, mainly the good parts. 19 yet have an excellent job with all sorts of career potential and decent pay which doubles once I finish my education. Great co-workers who I am very happy to see 5 times a week. School is fine, architectural stuff that I enjoy. Car is running fine, got a little leak when it rains hard but all the mechanical parts are great, gotta love Honda. Have a decent relationship with my parents who are happy to let me live with them while the economy is so bad (kinda hard to 'take flight' atm unless you're going to a dorm) so housing is fine.

Sadly, that is all. Other than work or school I have no life. All of my friends moved away for college. Haven't left the house for socials reasons in over 4 months. Haven't had a decent relationship in 3 years, in fact my ex from the latest failboat is the only one who's still in town and she barely lets me into the 'friendzone'. Sweet girl, too. If I could choose anyone to make things work with it'd be her.
    No chance of meeting people either, all my coworkers and classmates are 40+ due to my field of work. Being so shy doesn't help either, can't make a single friend, let alone girlfriend. Real life isn't as easy as the internet where I can pour my heart out like this!

None of this is really terrible but wow... looking forward I don't see much else happening to make it better.

3. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

The six nations, suddenly people who had no interest in rugby, suddenly become passionate expert patriotic fans and critics......

Now Im not the biggest rugby fan, but im always conscious of my country playing, and will always check and see the score but its just annoys me that these people go off on one at you about not watching or liking rugby and how its a proper mans game etc etc just why? why?

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Petter Solberg running in 9th, serously wtf is he playing at, I could walk faster then hes driving atm :grr:

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Seeing my ex that I have started talking to again on campus walking my way from a distance and myself just turning and disappearing into the next crowd.

6. complover

complover What's a Dremel?

Car's broke, can't get loan, all friends have g/f's so they've turned boring and don't want to go out at weekends anymore, hhmmm

7. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Lack of affordable housing - aside from that it's all hunky dory

8. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: 5 Feb 2024
  9. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

To cheer everyone up (NOT) this NSFW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHDdqubE7zQ i believe he found out he was dying when he wrote this. If this has been posted before forgive me but dont have the time to post like i used to. There is someone suffering more than you.

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sia Furler (Stage name simply "Sia") and her band decided to name her last album "Some people have real problems". If you've ever heard her describe why they chose that name, you'd never forget it every time you go to complain about something.

I'm not saying everything in my life is fine and dandy, nor am I saying that I never complain or get annoyed about said "not fine and dandyness" but sometimes a little perspective is good for all of us. Sia's has been sort of an attitude role model for me for a while. She has her own tragic story involving the death of her boyfriend (google is your friend) but still loves life and understands that other people are worse off than her. I have a tremendous amount of respect for people who can do that.

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Ooh I got one a lot can probably relate to! Really sweet girl from previous post says she'll let me know if she gets any spare time tonight (watching some relative's kids) then never calls. I learn through a Facebook status that she has gone off to an improv show and totally blew me off.

12. Unicorn

Facebook + relationships = complicated.

Facebook + relationships + lies = Disaster.

Sorry, but that's how it is fella. I've been there way too many times.

13. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Facebook + anything = disaster. Sadly half the population of the world seems to rely on the IM now that's integrated into the site. My friends are part of that half >.>

14. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

Training for 4 months.
    Racing starts in 11 days.
    Dislocated my shoulder this morning after training.
    Can't race.

FFFUUUUU

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

My ex-wife lists me as "deceased" on FB and has already replaced me-with our super-creepy ex-roommate.

Just not good for general morale. Meh.

16. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Wow, that's really bad....

17. Unicorn

This is one of those "some people have real problems" moments for me. That is horrible mate, sorry to say it but your ex doesn't sound like a nice person :(

I was going to post that I had a very unproductive Saturday, which is annoying because I have so many things on my mind at the moment (I have the worlds biggest to do list - I plan some things weeks or months in advance) that it seems I need to be productive every minute of the day. Don't really know what happened me yesterday, I just couldn't get into gear.

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Imagine how the astronauts felt.

I really don't like this thread...

19. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I like it !

but then again I'm a sick basterd

jk it's depressing

edit: why is "b.a.s.t.a.r.d" censored but not the rest ? :hehe:

20. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

Tripped a compressor, affected the capacity utilisation of the plant badly. Now our(me and another chap) arse is on fire.

*Shorted wrong wire
    *Heard relays cracking
    *Heard machine suddenly stopped
    *Saw ground flare growing bigger and bigger with black smoke
    *oh crap...