1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Found out today that I have £585 more tuition fees to pay than I thought. Technically the fees were due last september. Now I wait and see how cool my uni is, and for how long.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

+1 to that. First two years at a community college then transfer is a better plan than most people give it credit. Local community colleges usually transfer seamlessly with state universities making it very easy to take some much less expensive gen ed classes. You're also more likely to be accepted to a university if you've got half of your degree already finished at a school they transfer well with!

Because being able to meet someone, befriend her, and steadily develop a relationship if things go well would be too easy.

3. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Opposite of PureSilver really, my room is unbearably hot, have honestly considered buying an air conditioning unit.

4. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I had a nasty cold that lasted a week. Nothing on some complaints sure. But it's never nice spending your days blowing filth out of your nose, munching paracetamol like sweets and generally feeling like death. I ended up with a bin FULL of snot. It is truly a wonder that the body can produce such quantitys of nasal skank.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Just saw the worst video ever, it's in my head, gaaaaah..

'FRIDAAY, FRIDAAAYY, FRIDAAAYY'

6. chimmy09

chimmy09 What's a Dremel?

try changing that to 6 months and thats where I'm at. I actually broke up with my girlfriend 5 months ago because of it.

edit: have you lost any sleep over it yet?
    last week I was awake for 34 hours because i couldnt stop thinking about her... and tonight it is 5 AM and i see no signs of sleep coming to me

yes, i realize this is incredibly unhealthy and that there is most likely something psychologically wrong with me

7. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Gf of 3 years finding it to stressfull to stay together and feel we have grown apart but is still in love me, Confused and sad!! :(

Squirrel-666 likes this.
  8. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

All my slacking and lack of enthusiasm for my coursework has come down to 2 weeks to get it in....

I have

ICT - A whole database to make + Testing evaluation and two user guides
    Engineering - Project portfolio (Pretty empty) + Role of the engineer (have'nt started)
    Design Tech - Project portfolio (almost done should be done in a few hours + he has check and said its good so not to much of a worry on that one)

Its going to be a hugely stressful fortnight i expect :(

9. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Just about everything is ATM

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Yeah, sleep is really hard.
    Yep :(

11. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

GIFT PASS REVOKED!?!?!?! WTF. I give some guy I know on my steam friends 5 quid to gift me mafia 2, and now all of a sudden the game is not there, and when I click on the link to the gift pass in my email, it says the games been revoked??!?!? Since when??? wtf?

12. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

School.

I have a test Friday morning at 8am, have a test Saturday morning at 10am.

Problem with Friday's test is it's managerial accounting and our teacher does not give part marks. She also signs boat loads of work, doesn't give you answers, there is no answer key (i've tried looking online, no luck at all) and after the 1st test I realized this class sucks. The textbook helps, BUT she makes questions rediculously hard in comparison to the simple in class examples, and again, without knowing if the homework is right or not your stuck on your own hoping for the best. Not looking forward to it.

Saturday morning's economics test. Similar situation, online homework / website is very easy / simple and when you get things wrong it tells you the formulas and such. The in class work is non-existant, the teacher doesn't teach us with a textbook and the powerpoints she gives us are very vague. I can only do so much with a textbook that she doesn't use, and the practice quizes she give us are rediculous hard.

I want this week to be over with.

13. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

I'm sitting in a less than half-full linux class, with a teacher determined to push though the chapter on advanced shell scripting without the majority of the class here.... I've been out of the house since nearly 6am this morning, and I just want to go home and play some Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and get some hot food....

oh yeah, and it's snowing.... :wallbash:

14. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

Just worked like 4 hours under the rear end of my car, trying to saw off the muffler so I can attach a new (and not broken) one. Bad thing here? Its blistering hot outside, and I just now found out that Auto Zone has a tool for cutting exhaust piping. So now that I'm halfway done with it, I get to go down, rent the tool, come back home, finish the job, then go back and return the tool, and get my money back.

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

About an hour ago a sense of general frustration, anger and generally pissed off hit me like a f***ing freight train.

Not life ruining but still immensely annoying.

16. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Well broke up with gf could do with someone to talk to..

17. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Go for a run. Nothing we can say will make you feel better.

Edit: That came out overly harsh. Ofcourse the majority of us would love to help - but it probably won't. Then again, pop a PM if you want some nonsensical talk about girls and how alcohol is not your solution right now ;)

Last edited: 24 Mar 2011
  18. Squirrel-666

Squirrel-666 What's a Dremel?

my gran dieing of cancer and has now chosen not to have any more radiation treatment :(
    @archtronics if u need a chat just gimme a PM or somthing ive had a few break ups had 1 do a runner with my best mate after 3 years together :(

19. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

The fact that I am leading into the first weekend since the start of Uni this year without having to worry about homework and I have to work all weekend.

20. null_x86

null_x86 Thread Closer

burnt my hand pretty badly last night. My Temp set up for my muffler failed and it fell off while I was driving. Instinct kicked in, and I tried to pick it up without thinking that it was super hot. So now I've got two nickel sized spots on the palm of my hand from where I grabbed it. Hurts like a bitch, but eh, whatever.