1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Getting paid far less than I should do at work, and to really take the mick, I had to manage the entire ruddy section tonight, and I'm going to have to do it tomorrow night too. I work flat out all the time, I know where almost everything is in the entire shop which half the damn managers don't and I've been there for more than two and a half years yet I'm getting paid the same as those there for three months who I'm continually asked for advice from. And my section manager STILL hasn't done my pay review which is overdue by about 8 months now.

I am going to demand some kind of recognition when I next see my damn manager, though that's once in a blue moon with him.

FUUUUUUU-

2. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

Been stuck off work for more than 2 months with a knee injury caused by a fault with a new bicycle, complete boredom! At least this week I got prescribed some Solpadol to help get me through my physio, those pills make me feel drunk so it's almost worth it!

That and having to travel to physio at the hospital everyday by bus (£3.80 a trip!) because I'm not allowed to drive until I'm full weight bearing on my bad leg whilst trying to survive on statutory sick pay.

Things could be worse I guess :p

3. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Fire alarm went off at 2:30am

Some asshole wanted popcorn and decided 4 minutes would be the right cook time, he was wrong

4. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I have 4 weeks left before exams, and 20 assessment components to finish before then.

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Kitty has blown a turbo. £1900 to replace. There goes any hope of getting Vikki the kit car painted this year. :(

6. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

Work. Doing the work of three people while only paid for me. Getting yelled at/threatened when things aren't getting done while also being told that I need to hurry and use furlough hours. Lazy people that try to pass their work on to me despite all I'm already doing. And I've been at this job more than five years and hated it the entire time. I've been applying to jobs constantly but in this whole time, I could count on one hand the ones that have bothered to call me for a phone interview. Even then, I only got an in-person interview with one company and it was a waste of time($2 more/hour, no benefits, 3 month contract, and pay for downtown city parking.) Seriously, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but starting to feel like I'll never get away from this job without walking out and likely ending up homeless because I can't seem to get anything else.

7. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Nooo! That dark red paint is gorgeous!

8. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

It sounds like you are looking for the wrong jobs, or your CV is messed up. Have you had anyone take a look at your CV and application to give some positive criticism? Not that I can do it but it sure as hell can't hurt to have someone look it over.

9. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Sorry for double posting -.-'

I am slowly realizing that 99.999995% of the crap we learn at school is utter useless bullshizzle. WHY oh WHY do I need to learn how to analyze danish poems from the 18th century, or watch a movie about which birds the aboriginals of Australia like?! How does that, IN ANY WAY help me contribute to the danish GDP when I leave school? That's right. Zero. Zilch. Nothing. Nada.

So help me God - I wish for a useful educational system..

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

I find that quite amusing because the majority of Australians don't care either haha.

11. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

The word Budgerigar is Aboriginal for "Good Eating".:thumb:

12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Work sucks hugely. I want a new job.

13. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

No work, girlfriend is too far away, she's not well, and all I want to do is punch a wall.

[Cursing]

14. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Went to go pull out the title for the car I'm trading in towards my new rabbit so I can go and drop off the trade-in, and pick up the rabbit.... lo and behold, it isn't anywhere to be found.... now I have to wait 5-7 days for the replacement title to be sent out from the f*cking DMV before I can pick up my new ride...

:wallbash:

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Because I failed my test on Monday I have to get a 88% to get a 70% to pass onto the next class. Without that next class I can't take a required chemistry class..... all my **** would be messed up.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Justine frikken Bieber song stuck in my head...

17. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Lack of sleep.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not a penny to my name im -£3.33 thanks to a domain name renewal which i did'nt want which im disputing...

The only income i actually have is EMA just waited in the cold for an hour checking ever 10 minutes to realize its actually tommorow the money is probebly going to go in.

This means im going to get more charges by tommorow and won't be able to eat till 8.30pm tonight because i have no money at all

have to go to work straight when i get home...

19. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Back to court on Monday for the ongoing custody battle. Though this was over. My ex and her mum (its her mum who's pushing all this tripe) need to learn the words 'give' and 'up'

20. Tom30

Tom30 What's a Dremel?

University finals, my only solace is that it is all over in a month.