1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

They tell you to count backwards from 10 and when you reach 5 you are out cold.

2. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Installing a new OS on a server... hung at 96%...

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

Getting charged ridiculous amounts of import tax and handling fees on items that I won in a competition, I think customs can just keep it thanks!

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Relative of mine is being jackass. They have no inclination to pay me back even though I sold his computer for a tidy and nice sum. Case was mine. The only consolation is that I'm getting a GTX560 Ti (or a HD6950) out of it, but I have to trade my HD6850 in return. That and I get zero commission.

Bloody Sodding $700 and I get about squat when at least 1/7 of the computer cost is mine.

Just gonna ask for the payment for the Hard Drive first and get my GPU. It'll work out alright, but damn, relatives are inconsiderate asses.

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Just got back from helping my old tenants move out of my rental house. During the inspection I found that my roof has been leaking and now I have to replace 80sqft of wallboard, a window panel, trim, and a 200sqft section of roof... All in one day this weekend.

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

not ruining my life.... but i found out who got that desktop support technician job at the local bank that i applied for. the job that pays $7/hr more than the job that i got.... the job that now belongs to my former college roommate who got poor grades in college (Computer Systems Technology course which directly applies to this job. meanwhile i had A's and A+'s in everything). Unless he had some really good work experience after college, which i doubt because he almost failed some of the courses and was working in a grocery store stocking shelves until now, i dont know how he could be better for the job than me. :wallbash:

but i do like my job. it would just make finances so much better if i got that other one.

and even though i really like my job (first time in my life i've liked my job :rock: ) i feel kinda lost with some stuff. im having to work the front counter but then i also work back at the service department, but when i spend the whole morning at the front then come to the back i just dont know what im supposed to do. its not proper to just work on a pc that someone else has started unless they ask you to, but because im at the front alot of the time i dont see what comes in and what needs to be done and what steps need to be taken. i feel like i could be getting more work done but i think i need a bit more guidance. idk....

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Or you do what my wife did:

"10, 9 8, 7, 6" /*out cold*/

/*wakes up*/ "5, 4, 3.... Eh? was that it?"

8. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

****ING BATSHIT **** AMAZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

It's not often I go caps-lock rage but damn!

I have tried calling both their international US number and their international UK number. No answer at any of the locations. I cannot find any opening hours for the phones so they could all be asleep for what I know.

Anyone have to direct line to Amazon CS? I will give e-cookies.

9. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

10. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Yeah my problems is that I'm located in Denmark which the callback service does not cover. Managed to reach them on their international UK phone line but because I bought my Kindle on the US website I now have to wait for them to get up so I can call their CS department.

Why can't all CS departments be like Logitechs?

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

"Ruining my life" is a bit over the top, but this is pretty huge inconvenience:

[​IMG]

And if you don't quite get it, just imagine trying to find anything from the pockets and having that damn thing get stuck every single time :) And we all know how well bandaids stay on fingertips, right?

12. Picarro

Picarro What's a Dremel?

Jipa - superglue it and let it dry, then put a bandaid on and on the bandaid a strip of duct-tape. It works wonders.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah I've been thinking about superglue, I suppose it SHOULD work.

14. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I have had the worse shift at work EVER, only 8 days left... followed by getting home to find my MacBook charger is dead. I am not even in the UK so cannot go to the apple store down the road from me... having to use an azerty keyboard BLAH!

15. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Hah you were so right mate. Had it intravenously and as soon as the pale white stuff went in... well I'm not sure what happened but I woke up with a sore face 90 mins later! Now the joy of the aftercare, I'm rubbish at looking after extractions :S

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

lol i did a similar thing to my thumb 2 years ago. i did it with a forstner bit in a drill press.

17. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Have an exam tomorrow that I forgot about until now, better start studying :(.

18. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

DON'T PANIC

if you don't know it by now, 24 hours of cramming probably isn't going to help

19. TaRkA DaHl

TaRkA DaHl Modder

Car failing its MOT....

Two drive shafts, ball joint and some other bits... on top of that I just replaced the pads, shoes and discs a week ago.

Up to £370 + £150 for the brakes so far and counting. Balls.

20. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Superglue was issued as an emergency field dressing for use in the Vietnam war.