1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

One of my college tutors thought it would be funny to give me the referral for my assignment on the final day of the unit. So Now i've got to juggle getting that done with the next three units.

Plus he sucks at marking. Every time it's just "Expand and Add Detail". On a PowerPoint Presentation. Where my notes are already longer than PowerPoint is happy to print off with the slides.

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I hate it when they do this. Sucks man :/ Can you not ask for a remark from a different tutor?

As for mine? Trying to get hold of Barclays to ask why they've rejected my pretty reasonable increase of a £250 overdraft extension on my student account when I know for a fact that they've just extended a mates by £700 for the second time this term. But, they seem to just be as difficult to get hold of as possible.

Anyone know a number for like general enquirers I can call?

EDIT: FU Barclays. Reject the request and fail to tell me that I can't reapply for 30 days. So I now have no money and a bill to pay. Great. I'm seriously tempted to close both my accounts with them over the summer and go with someone else. I don't mind the fact that I have to wait 30 days, I'm annoyed about the fact I wasn't told.

Last edited: 6 Dec 2011
  3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I always get "Make better" like WTF i guessed that if your giving it back to me

I showed it to another tutor once and he was liike "How does he expect you to know what to do with that" then took the work and walked off into a staff room came back later and said he had asked someone to remark it for me :hehe:

i slept 13 hours today... still tired and i did'nt get my note making done (or redone technically) it was'nt crucial but i would have felt better now if i did it, got the lesson tommorow and i'll go 20 minutes early so with any luck, like last week he was there 10 minutes early and i had 10 minutes to talk to him

I kinda feel sorry for the other guy he missed previous week so unless he done some serious catching up he is kinda ****ed for this module

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

My fiance got food poisoning/flu Saturday night. I had to take care of her all day Sunday.
    Monday was fine, i wasn't scheduled to work and she took the day off to fully recover.
    Monday night I start feeling sick. Went to bed early and slept for an hour before waking up and spending the rest of the night vomiting, having lots of pain in my whole body, and liquid poo! From 12:30 - 7:30 this morning I slept maybe 1.5hours.

So I didn't go to work today. By 8am I barely had the strength to sit up in bed.

Starting to feel a bit better now. Still really achy and stomach feels gross, but I am getting better.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I literally didn't realise people who you care about and think you understand can suddenly just turn around and stab you in the heart so damn hard.

Bah. Women.

6. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I've been determined not to post in this thread but I just woke up with a splitting headache, runny nose and a throat that feels like it's been violated by a horsecock.

I could really use soup and a cuddle.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Something told me all day that I would be visiting this thread tonight :rolleyes:

Started work really late this morning, 9am instead of 8 due to really bad, unnecessary roadworks and sheet ice on many of the roads here. Finished work about half 11 or so, got home just over an hour ago (just before midnight). 15 hours which is about the norm for me throughout late November/early December... but tonight I just feel totally broken :( Something tells me a few hours in bed isn't going to iron this out :rolleyes:

I can't wait for the 23rd. I will switch my phone off and proceed to do absolutely nothing for two weeks.

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

electrical problem with the car and i have no brake lights (thanks fellow driver who warned me) and to top it off my dell 2407 died whilst i was asleep and tripped the ring mains.

i paid 900 quid for that when it came out, now its dead.....

i feel like im going to cry :(

*edit*

**** it wheres my screwdriver, i'll ****ing bring you back to life with jump leads if need be god damnit!

*edit* *edit*

gotcha, little ****er even took a chunk out of the heat sink

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Dec 2011
  9. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Replace it! It's fixable!

10. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

oh i bloody am, ive no idea what type of resistor it is so im off to maplins when they open later on.

hopefully nothing else was damaged and its just a simple solder job :thumb:

11. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Check the IC too, it might have been damaged too. See if any of the 3-pronged IC's have shorted on the power supply. :) Cheers.

12. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I dropped a frying pan on myself whilst cooking. Now I have second and third degree burns on my arm. It'll match my wife's new venous stasis ulcer.

Things were going so well...

13. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

ic?

14. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The three-pronged jobby stuck to the sink, and the one next to it as well.

15. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

yeah I had a dream like that kayin.. where I burned my crotch with hot grease weird =| sorry to hear

but maybe I can get a professional diagnosis on why I have these dreams.. I also have flying dreams where I'm flying and then, you know how you turn around and try to look over your shoulder.. I see a midget on my back.. then wake up in sweats (like I dropped the soap in prison)

I would toss that gunsmith.. looks like more trouble than it's worth =p

16. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I see what you did there....

17. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Lost a BF3 league match :(

Damn M320 whores

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Have now been unemployed and jobseeking for four months. Had my first promising interview about a month ago, got the rejection through last week. Had my jobseeker's allowance suspended for the next four months because I forgot to apply for one job (never mind the dozen OTHER jobs a week I was applying for; apparently this demonstrated that I wasn't trying hard enough.)

19. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Just got back from the doctors. Turns out the constant ringing in my ears isn't due to a build up of wax but probably damage to the internal structures of the ear.

I guess it was a good thing I could only afford a pair of Sennheiser HD 201's instead of a good set of 'phones which will probably be wasted :sigh:

20. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

I have no money, and am really considering selling my beloved tablet..