1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

See, we told you to go.

2. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Not ruining by any stretch

But thieving little ***** taking what they want

3. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Everyone getting down on me for trying to remain bright and optimistic about my Bulldozer's actually crappy performance. :grr:

I've already accepted my bloody mistake, people! It's not as if I can return the f#cking parts now!

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I think you'll find it's not trying to remain bright and optimistic that baffles people.. it's the way you say things like "Intel's too mainstream".. and "SB is too easy to overclock.. where's the fun in that". Nothing wrong with trying to stay optimistic at all, but the fanboy type justification is a little annoying.

It makes it seem as if given the chance, you'd buy bulldozer all over again for the same reasons. Even your avatar strapline is "Intel is too Mainstream". It makes it sound like you CHOSE crappy performance rather than follow the crowd, which in things like fashion, musical taste etc is a good thing... when paying hundreds of pounds on computer parts, is just mental.

Yes, you accept your mistake, fine, but when people ask why you bought it (and they will.. always), just say "I ***ked up" instead of the anti-Intel purchase justification. It's the latter that's annoying people.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Very good advice their pookeyhead! I F**k up all the time, with my spending habits lol.
    9 Monitors this year, is just not funny. And yet if I kept with the first set of 3, I would have been fine.
    (I think its the missus, that keeps tempting me to sell my PC, and then I sell odd things, and then have to spend more money to replace the things I miss.)

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I don't actually agree with you there Pookeyhead, yes there's no doubt intel is the better choice if you want performance, however my next build is going to be an AMD (currently have an i5 and an i7 setup) just because I want it to be. After all, tis my money, and neither of my system lack performance for what I do, so the only reason I'd change is purely because I want to.
    I would agree SB is too boring to overclock, it's ruined benching for me :(

Value is a relative thing, it's individual remember.

Edit:
    Granted, I'll probably go with a llano setup since will be for my LAN/media pc, but the point remains.

7. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

you did indeed :), just got released hopefully its sorted, Hope everythings going good with you kayin :p

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Yea import and VAT is a bitch in the uk I bought a case from the USA and paid as much in post and VAT etc as the case cost :grr:

Just out of interest Throbbi how much are they asking ?

Sorry to here about the shoulder.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2011
  9. .//TuNdRa

True, but part of it is that this honestly doesn't feel any slower. I went from what was a tri-Core Phenom to this. And from a Mechanical HDD to an SSD. It's an amazing shift of speed and smoothness.

But those reasons are actually the exact reasons I didn't buy Intel. (Plus the fact that similarly Specced Intel motherboards appear to carry a £100 premium over the AMD ones)

I was sat there with a huge budget and thinking "I know Intel is faster, but I really rather like AMD. Is it worth it?"

In the end; I'd say no. But I wouldn't advise against bulldozer in some specific scenarios.

10. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

£81.87. I know it's not exactly an earth shattering amount (certainly not considering the value of the components), it's just the timing really.

11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I agree. I'm not saying Tundra is a fool for buying AMD, I'm saying that he made his choice, and if he's not happy with it (which he's clearly not), then why start the Intel bashing?

SB is easy to overclock, but when you hit the brick wall, it's the same as any other platform, and when you hit the wall is when OCing gets interesting, not the journey to that wall :)

12. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

Just saw the link in Unicorn's sig that goes to Mankz's farewell thread.

:(

13. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Went out last night

Got drunk came home passed out taking clothes off for bed woke up in the bed threw up 5 times passed out again woke up with the bucket sitting on me which could have turned out soooooooo much worse

Worse part about it is i got myself that way somehow..... ughhh

14. Canon

Canon Reformed

Being urged to go to the doctors and find out what is wrong with me, my throat inflames once or twice a year to a point where I can't eat drink or speak, this year my chest and head went with it and it isn't clearing and I have been feeling really weak for the past couple of months but the thought of bringing more bad news before christmas isn't worth it, although I do know I'm falling apart, i'd rather nobody else did.

15. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

Women women women.

Go out, get drunk, meet some fantastic girls, get chatting with one in particular. She kisses me, we spend the rest of the evening together while her and my friends disappear. Share a cab home, nothing else happens but she puts her number in my phone and tells me to call her.

Send her a text, turns out it's a fake number. Why bother eh? Why bloody bother.

16. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

My Steam copy of Max Payne 1 has stopped working! It's not fair when that happens to your favourite game ever!

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

i think im coming down with something nasty, and so close to xmas as well

boo

18. .//TuNdRa

It just took me half an hour to prepare Soup!

Who at Heinz thought those little syrupy packs were a good idea?! You have to stir them for ages to get the lumps out!

19. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

The fact that stuff like this can happen - i suggest everyone reading the last page of the EU Agriculture and Fisheries council meeting report :
    http://www.consilium.europa.eu/uedocs/cms_data/docs/pressdata/en/agricult/127031.pdf

Agriculture and Fisheries, are you kidding me ? :rolleyes::duh:

20. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's one of the reasons why I put it there. I thought there would be a few people who missed it, especially now that it's locked and not getting bumped any longer.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2011