1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

So, I came back to uni, wondering where all my glasses had gone, I've found a few the other day. And now I've just found where the rest are.. smashed and stuffed in a box behind the sofa. and seeing as they weren't broken when I left before Xmas, someone here's done it.

3 of the glasses were bought for me on my 18th and 21st as presents from my Mum, not worth a lot money wise, but it's the sentimental value. Would have been nice to have an apology.

I'm off to go and smash some plates now.

2. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Don't I know the bloody feeling. Missing most of my cutlery and half my crockery...

3. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

Wait.. cutlery, how? :eyebrow:

4. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

You can never win in an argument with your mother, full stop. You're never going to be right, accept the fact that you were born wrong and move on. If the current situation is guilt trip central then all I can suggest is GTFO before you kill each other. I did and currently live in the same house. I couldn't have done so if I hadn't had 2 years away and, to be brutally honest, stopped caring what my mother thinks of me. I'm a twisted, perverse under achiever with a history of substance abuse - deal with it! I finally have an understanding with my mother but it took 35 years to do so. Hopefully you won't be as slow as I was.

It has to involve a cow catcher and minigun mount OK? Not walking is never going to be good or fun but perhaps a point scale per ped and the means to do so? (Should my spine ever finally give up I'm looking at a V8 in the chair plus "optional extras". It's been getting significantly worse since I first did the damage and I was only 10 then.)

Buy a juicer. Seriously. It sounds silly but it helps. Fresh juices are tastier to me (unless someone includes substances that are anathema like celery) than any soft drink invented. Apple, lemon and ginger is particularly nice. Add soda water if you need the sparkle but get away from the canned crap. Pasteurised = lasts longer, not better for you. Fresh juice is worth its weight in gold, on the days that I find the time to make it and clean the machine it's worth the effort. More keyed up for the day is always a bonus!

Back OT: I've spent the entire week on an ITIL course yet I've still been harassed regarding how many open calls I have (42 - ironic, no?) and had to sort out **** that no ****er else will touch as "It's too complicated". Joy of joys? Nothing for Crimble from the firm (it used to be 2 weeks basic) and I now have to justify my job as it's appraisal time again! I've literally fixed one issue that the "test team" never even ****ing thought about, sorted out a supplier that's worth several £100K per year and what do I get? "We need those documents by Friday next week you know?"

And the horse you rode in on pal, I'm offski. Contract says that I owe them for the course I was forced to take but right now I get peanuts for doing everything under the sun, I don't even make a basic Service Desk Analyst's wage. And the horse you rode in on pal, I won't even go near the test scripts I have to write next week because some incompetent **** can't work out how to do their own job!

EDIT: Yes, I'm looking for a new job. No, I'm not happy about it as I'm paranoid and hate disruptions to my routine. It would just be nice to get recognition from my firm that was more noticeable than "Well done - again!". Cash works for me, salary would be acceptable!

Last edited: 14 Jan 2012
  5. Frohicky1

Frohicky1 Awaits his moosey fate . . .

Selling myself on the labour market.

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I'm so bored; the instant anyone posts anything in the Hardware section relating to a problem I'm happy to take a guess at; I'm all over it like a rash.

Good god. I need to play more games.

7. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Fixed. Yes, I'm still at work. Yes, tonight is one of the nights that I hate it. No, I don't want to go home. Sigh.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Either it grows legs and runs away, or some b****** on my staircase is sleeping on a huge hoard of John Lewis cutlery and crockery, like a very middle-class dragon.

LithiumDesign likes this.
  9. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Didn't sleep, spent most of the night having an argument in my head with myself about what a complete ****up my life is and intended to post the result here as Bit is the closest i get to any form of social life... but now i cba...

short version - my life is a monumental screwup and any attempt to change it makes it worse...

10. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

:hehe:

11. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Was watching the darts lying on the floor as you do at the same time as playing on my ipad

I did'nt move alot as people complained my head was in the way (let me sit in the ****ing seat then bitch) and when it ended i got up in unbelievable pain i physically could'nt stand up without grabbing my back something just went...

I have no idea what i have done but it hurts so ****ing bad im currently nursing myself with a hot water bottle...

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I really hate posting in this thread so often but this one is so far removed from just a mild annoyance that it has to go in. This is one for the books as far as I'm concerned.

First of all, I was working yesterday. Two Sundays in a row all because I took on a job that looked straightforward and turned out to be a nightmare - not the part that we were brought in to do... that was fine. The part that has taken two weeks of 15 hour days including weekends has been mopping up the absolute catastrophic mess that was left behind by the last guys who did any electrical or data infrastructure work in this place. Anyway, I'm not pissed about that. It is what it is, and I refuse to leave it as unsafe and bad as it was. I've never "half done" any work in my life and I'm not about to start now, even if I am pulling all-nighters just to keep within my deadline.

The part that pisses me off is that I just spent two hours measuring, cutting and mounting an extremely complex section of box trunking in a really awkward place, only to realise that the whole thing has to come off the wall again because one of the guys that was working with me on Saturday doesn't know the difference between 45 degrees and 35 degrees, and apparently can't use a perfectly simple mitre saw. I am so livid at the moment I think my blood might be boiling :grr: I'm going to have to re-make two sections of extremely complex trunking, not to mention remove all the cables and junction boxes from the wall that I'd put in so far, and re-run them. And it's close to the roof of a large factory unit in a first floor office, so I'm working up against the ceiling and at about 15' off a tall step ladder. It's far from handy... It's bloody awkward, which is why it took me two hours to make and fit it.

Another all nighter, just to get the place work-able by 8:30 in the morning. I should be finished by now and heading to bed. It's days like this that are to blame for my life being **** at times. It's enough to put you in bad health :rolleyes:

13. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

24 years old and failed my driving test this morning.

Not as bad a thing as most, but having about 20 texts from people beforehand saying they know I'll do it first time made me feel like a bit more of a failure.

Silly independent driving...

14. Tomhyde1986

Tomhyde1986 What's a Dremel?

I laughed out loud. Now everyone in the office is staring....

15. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

That's something I learned a long time ago, I stuck out a job I didn't like for a year more than I should have.
    It was a miserable year, and the redundancy package in the end was so pitiful that I was angry at myself for wasting that year.

I swore that if I ever found myself waking up in the morning dreading going into work, that I would make every effort to find alternative employment, and as a matter of urgency.

Your sanity and health are more important than a job, however I would suggest ensuring that you secure another job before handing in your notice.

I'm glad to say I don't feel like that in my current role.

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Still no job. What's the point of waking up in the morning when there's nothing to do?

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

*shrug* what's the point of going to bed if you don't have to get up for anything....

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

got turned down for another ****ing job, this is getting ridiculous. the entire IT scene in the UK is ****ed.

19. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Agreed. Take it from me, it's not taught to kids. Visit one of my high school IT lessons, they teach you how to be an office drone.
    I can only assume it won't get better because everyone is ignorant to the use of a computer and they're all bloody morons, how I hate them...

20. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

You'll get there eventually! Life isn't easy, but if you keep on perservering at least you'll get closer to where you want to be. :)