1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

With Kayin's lungs being the way they are; Cannabis would do him far more harm than it would good.

No, if you can live with the side-effects of not taking the pills over the crazy effects of actually taking them, Kayin, it may be better just to stop. Going more than slightly mad but remaining in relatively good health doesn't sound like a good trade-off to me.

2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I believe the other morning the phrase 'I'll never drink again' was uttered...

I've obviously learned nothing in last few years :grr:

Absinthe and gin are cruel mistresses

3. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Cannabis was actually proven to repair lung damage, not create it. But I did find a better option all around.

I realized in the Memorial Day festivities I had been drinking soda again. A switch, some more food in my stomach and a shower and I felt OK again, even with the meds. I have a very strict listing of what is and isn't OK with my pills. I'll swap that and the relief they normally give for the few times when they bother me like yesterday. I was at wit's end but I was also so sick I didn't think straight.

I'm pushing our state and national legislature for the legalization of THC for pain control, appetite production and an antiemetic. I need all three. Currently, I have poor control of one and three and nothing for two. Talk to more docs today.

4. Valo

Valo Minimodder

there are many ways of administering cannabis that are not smoking - edibles, vaporisation, tinctures.

If it weren't for cannabis I probably wouldn't eat at all.

5. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

So my new monitor arrived this morning after paying £36 on customs charges only for the damn thing to blow up as soon as it's plugged in.

Plugged in the power pack, connected up the dvi cable, power on and bang lots of smoke and one dead monitor.

Back to South Korea it goes :grr:

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Sorry to hear that :/

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Maybe because South Korea uses USA voltages/frequency? - 110V@60Hz vs our 230V@50Hz. :duh:

8. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

The sites claim that the power-packs can run on anything from 50-60hz, and anything from 110-240V, so UK power shouldn't confuse the thing in the slightest.

9. Apocalypso

Apocalypso Fully armed and operational.

I don't think that's correct. South Korea uses 220v@60Hz, we use 230@50Hz and the USA uses 120v@60Hz.

The power pack clearly states that it is rated at 230v which should be usable here. There are scores of people from the uk in this thread who have just plugged in a normal kettle lead and not had a problem.

So far I have not had a reply from the seller.

Last edited: 30 May 2012
  10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

last exam soon till my programming ones im residing to the fact im going to fail it i just need 1/4 of the marks to pass the exam and 40% overall with my coursework to pass the module it may sound easy but not when you practically done the only decent theory lesson a few days before the actual exam...

It would be alright but the resits are in july and august and im not even sure i would be prepared by then!

11. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

True that. Then I went to check the prices for shipping.......A new 2TB (broken HDD is a 1TB drive) would cost the same as sending it to Seagate as I need to send it to Europe :duh:
    Back to finding that receipt :p or just buying a new HDD...

12. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

I know...I've been to the UK...hence it was a joke. The name-calling is childish and unnecessary, and you are a mod, so you should know better. Now how about we get back on topic of this thread eh? People come here to share their problems and vent...not to get trolled by internet tough guys.

EDIT: Realise you are not a mod. Go you:)

13. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I start a new job on Wed, I spent 3 hours there today working with some of the owners discussing their computer system and how we could improve it. These 3 hours were spent sat on my ass which I don't do very often, my job usually requires me to to either be standing up or walking round for the duration of my work day.

Now 8hrs after I left work I stull have a numb arse from sitting still on what was basically a hard plastic chair you would use at school!

14. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

What course are you doing? I just had my microprocessing exam! FINAL EXAM FOR THE YEAR!

15. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Oh ho ho. You have much to learn, young padawan.

What's making my life difficult? I have a french oral exam tomorrow. Joy of joys.

Sent from my Orange San Francisco using Tapatalk

16. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Tel, a mod? The whole world will fall into a world of trolls and golden spoons should that ever happen! :D

17. B_HERB

Just reading the title below his name and assumed "administrator" meant he had some type of mod priviledges. Guess not? Whatever...

18. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Quick bit of advice - any moderator has a constantly red username. :D

19. B_HERB

Got it. Thank you kind sir! I'm also assuming "Administrator" is spelled correctly for mods :lol:

EDIT: Or "Moderator"

20. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's spelled "moderator" for mods ;)