1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Same thing happened to me. Got punched in the face two years ago, been a little goofy ever since. I don't know if the click is audible to others, but when I yawn, or open my mouth wide, the ride side of my jaw gives a little pop.

I asked a doc about it, he said it's nothing to worry about. Mine also irks me at times, but I've learned to live with it.

2. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Signing up for the jaw click brigade!

Just developed, no incident leading to it. I can crack it by sliding jaw left to right, with mouth open it is very much audible almost like a tongue click.

While I dont notice it day to day, its really annoying eating something chewy like french bread, and is audible with my mouth shut...

And the worse part...if I sleep on my aide my jaw will 'drop' and the lock in place. I can't open my mouth more than an inch or so which has led to interesting mornings off pushing cereal off the spoon and into my lap!

3. m3rk

m3rk What's a Dremel?

whether or not i can justify to my partner when she see's the bank statement why i have blown money on a 256 SSD ... decisions decisions lol

4. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I've only used the mobile app once or twice while at events around England.
    I think the main cause of the lockdown was due to me logging on via my Netbook while bouncing around different countries.

I admit it could look a bit suspicious with me logging on from London one day, then Denmark the next day and then a few days later from South Korea.
    I'll try it out from my mobile next time to see if there's any difference.

5. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Had to pay about $100 in customs on a $235 product.

Which would be fine if I lived in a country with no power, water, pollution and infrastructure issues. But no, I live in arguably the largest clusterf**k on the globe. So STOP TAKING MY MONEY YOU GREEDY ****S

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

1Tb HDD has died. So that's nearly 1Tb of films gone. Just as I have an external drive on the way to act as a backup. And just as I can't afford to replace the drive.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Stick it in the freezer and see if that works ( seems to work for some people- worth googling )...

8. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Yeah, I need to get the other as I believe that only really works as a temporary fix, long enough to back up the data on it, which means I need to wait until payday.

9. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Two words: If only ...

10. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Waiting. So much waiting.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I'm really sorry to hear what your going though KayinBlack :(

12. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Old ISP wants money, I say I don't owe any.

Background: moved in together with the missus couple months ago, obviously we upped the speed on net connection and was told that it'd be upgraded to VDSL2. Found out that the promised VDSL2 upgrade isn't coming, ever. So we notified that ISP about contract being null and void because that promise wasn't going to happen. And the included IPTV deal has not worked even once.

Hours and hours on the phone with old ISP and same old story always.

1: restart everything, including computers, well its a set-top box
    2: reinstall Windows, welp not going to happen because the IPTV deal uses a set-top box
    3: contract can't be terminated early, only compensation is two euros off the bill monthly for remainder of contract (~18 months)
    4: we "broke the law" by getting fat 100/50 pipe from another ISP that actually works as advertised
    5: old ISP wants to switch the pipe back, this would be a crime, interfering with communications or something. Said that I'd be visiting the police immediately if switched back

I know my and companies rights. Why some companies try to trump the law? We are eventually going to win this fight but I don't know how many veins I'm going to pop during it.

Also, don't touch Sonera. Ever. You'll regret it.

13. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Just did the sums on the total (including every part, every customs charge, every shipping fee, every hour of labour etc) on my airsoft guns.

F***. Something is going to have to be sold.

14. B_HERB

B_HERB What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

Current relationship is under major duress due to long distance over the past 6 months.....I just don't know how some people are able to cope with it:sigh:

15. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Keep trying. the long distance thing is hard work but it can be worth it. When I met my wife she lived in the Netherlands and still did up until 2 weeks before we got married. That was 2 years of phone calls, web cams, yahoo chat, emails, odd visits as and when we could manage it (she was unemployed for a chunk of that time and I was going full time through uni) but we managed.

February will be our 5 year anniversary.

16. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I'll second that thought, the Wench and I did just over a year apart due to work commitments just prior to our wedding, and whilst it was very difficult indeed at times (and yes it can seem like a living hell) if they're the right person then they're worth persevering for.

17. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Too damn busy to spend my work day trolling Bit-tech :miffed:

18. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

You had better make god damn time then.

19. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I am ignoring the person I'm supposed to be training just to reply to your post :)

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

I've f***ed two of my sales on this forum! I need my bloody eyes checking. Off to offer refunds I go...