1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Pretty sure it'll work fine? Just theoretically won't be as fast (obviously since it's a HDD I doubt it will be limited whatsoever)

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

It isn't being detected I am trying a bios update now to see if it works, fingers crossed!

3. lancer778544

lancer778544 Multimodder

Not detected in the BIOS or Windows?

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Both, bios update resulted in a blue screen.

Kinda stuck on what to do at the moment.

5. Matticus

Matticus ...

Did bios update change the the sata mode from AHCI to IDE (or the other way round) that may be causing the blue screen.

Sata 3 should work on Sata 2 but at Sata 2 speeds (which doesn't make a lick of difference apart from with SSDs). The only problem I could imagine is if the drive was very large some chipsets might not see it, which could be the case with a 3tb drive, but not a chance with a 500gb.

I would suggest resetting all BIOS settings again, unplugging all other drives and seeing if that one is detected.

6. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

how stupid some people are... my mother for example seen me grabbing all my old cloths together to sell to cash4cloths and i got £8 for 3 blackbags full.

She's gone though all hers this morning shes had 13 bags full, some stuff with tags on which cost her £100s (back from when we had money) she's going to give them to these people for next to nothing. Despite me offering to put them on ebay. One bit of clothing would of sold for 50x what there going to give her. (reason? she couldn't be bothered to wait)

Some people -.-

7. Scroome

Scroome Modder

I know that feeling.

The result of being a culture of instant gratification, I'm afraid.

Less and less people want to wait for anything, these days.

8. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

That's a lot of cloths...

Unicorn likes this.
  9. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Ty I shall try this now.

**** ******* **** arse poo
    It turns out to be a dodgy sata cable, thanks for the common sense advice, its very welcome.

Last edited: 15 Mar 2013
  10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Some customers can actually go and jump in front of the train.

You phone up to say something was missing off your order, fair enough. But when I offer to replace your meal for free next time they're in town they say no and are going to complain to head office, which even though I've stated numerous times would get them nothing, the email would still end up at the store anyway.

So, you're technically out of pocket, even though I've offered to replace the entire £60 order for free, and you're still complaining anyway. Maybe it would help if you didn't order over 4 separate orders.

[DailyMail]The Holocaust would be too kind for some of the public as of late.[/DailyMail]

Sent from the Starship Enterprise

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Over a fortnight later my GPU RMA with scan still isn't resolved...

Also having to borrow the 'rents PC as while I have a spare GPU I had to RMA my monitor to CCL for stuck pixels... and because my phone data allowance of 500MB/month lasted me all of 4 days

12. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

lost a friend of mine on Thursday while he was under psychiatric care
    I just haven't been able to pull much joy out of anything since then
    on the one hand I am glad he isn't suffering with the darkness in his head, but I am still very saddened by his loss, and maybe a little jealous that he is no longer here

since then I feel like I am just screwing everything up in my life, I am pushing my friends away and becoming a recluse again...but I don't want to have to go into hospital again over this, hospital is the worst place I have ever lived, its to isolated

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

My Scan order was placed on Friday. I confirmed it this morning because I had to change cards, the CS rep on the phone said it would go out today and be delivered on Tuesday. The email confirming it had shipped was sent to me a few hours ago.

The email with my delivery date arrived about 20 minutes ago - Thursday 21st March. That's what I pay over £13 per order for - "NI two day". I could drive to England, collect it and drive it back here quicker than that.

They are getting a phone call first thing on Monday morning and I want a good explanation.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2013
  14. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

That's ridiculous! Even if it went Monday it should be there on Wednesday right?!

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Whilst i can appreciate unicorn's annoyance... glad to know i'm not the only one with a beef with scan right now...

16. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I wonder which company will win Bit-tech retailer of the year in 2013.... :worried:

My fingers are fornicated from working 4 late shifts this week, and I've got 6 more next week ( the normal late shift guy is on holiday ); I'd wear gloves, but they get water inside them within 30 seconds and then I end up with horrible eczema crap all over my hands so bare hands & knackered fingers it is...

17. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Stupid power cuts in the area keep stalling my efforts to encode DVD's onto my Server, I'm certain their trying to kill my TV too, and they have killed a simple USB powered hub.

Sam

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

rehoming my dog :/

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

spoke to the crisis team multiple times over the last few days , and apparently I am having a minor psychotic break ( whatever one of those is ) so double my shrink appt's and contemplating ruining a promise I made to a friend of never becoming a slave to medication. ive screwed up most things ive tried to do in the last week, and upset a lot of people in the process, hopefully ive reached my low now, and things will start improving from here

20. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Depression? I find that not taking the pills is a lot worse than taking them.