1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Do you?

2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The question is have you ever been with orange? And if not tell them to shove it.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Maybe? I had taken a new contract out with them with a phone, wasn't receiving any signal on the phone, phoned up customer services and told them i wanted to cancel due to them not providing the service promised, got refused wanted me to basically pay the remaining amount outstanding in one go and wouldn't give me a way out.

Offered to return the mobile phone but got declined and they insisted on having the total amount paid at once. In which was impossible.

Now i have debt collecting agency's sending letters to my previous address.

4. Shirty

£40+ a month 24 month contract? Sounds about right. Seek free legal advice, starting with CAB. I'm sure that they have covered themselves in the small print, but there do seem to be mitigating circumstances.

If I recall correctly, you got a Samsung Note II? Depending on the condition you could sell this for upwards of £350 to contribute towards the costs, and probably come to an agreement.

5. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Iain Banks has late stage cancer. His next novel will be his last. :waah:

6. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Spent £20 on new ink for a year old inkjet to find the print head is clogged.

Pull it out clean it with solvent put it back in and it still wont print correctly.

Used half the ink just cleaning the heads and when I gave up and called tech support a new print head is more than I paid for the printer in the first place!

7. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

I'm ill. I have an otitis :(

8. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

That's the problem with inkjets, isn't it - running costs are hideous compared to the cost of the hardware :( I needed to buy replacement black and colour inks for my Deskjet 5150 the other day, and they're about £35-£40 online or nearly £55 in the shops! The printer itself only cost about £65 when I originally bought it.

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

I got my mum a cheap samsung laser and tbh I think thats what I will do, inkjets are a waste of time and money!

We had a couple of ancient hp lasers in storage at work, we turned them on and ran a clean cycle and they worked flawlessly. They had been stood for over 2 years. Try doing that with a inkjet :wallbash:

10. Shirty

If you don't need colour, then lasers = cheesecake.

If you do, then lasers = expensive cheesecake.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

This. I've banished all but a few (of more than 20) inkjets in school since I started - we're now running a few wireless b&w LaserJets, another few networked Dell b&w lasers, a networked b&w Kyocera Mita 5050 copier, a networked Canon IR2380 colour copier and a total of 3x standalone colour LaserJets. I think I've scrapped at least 25 HP DeskJets, all of which were between 5 and 8 years old. The ink cartridge bills were... :eek:

12. Shirty

Matt did you get my PM? Sorry to hijack :p

13. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Just this minute :thumb: On my phone this morning, will reply now!

14. Pieface

Pieface Modder

After getting assurances from my job that I wouldn't lose my job as it could screw me over.

I lost my job.

Now I can't do a masters it seems as unless I find a job soonish I can't afford it

Hooray!

15. Shirty

No worries mate, I have the same problem, smartphone PMs are almost impossible unless you have a spare half hour. That ruins my life.

16. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Just rehomed my dog, it needed to be done but god damn I'm feeling miserable right now.

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Poor Animal, I don't think you will be the only one missing that little monster.

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

He's gone to a good family so that's a plus but with me hunting for contracts abroad it was going to be hard to keep him.

Last edited: 4 Apr 2013
  19. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Being told my expectations are too high for wanting to be paid similarly to what I was in my last job... [which was just above NMW... barely...]

20. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

Amazon being absolute morons, forgetting to post my CPU on time and posting everything else. Now since there using City link and I happen to live across a tiny piece of water I won't have my pc until monday and can't do any proper university work until then now fs morons