1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. suragh

suragh Derp

I was on emergency for 7 months this year, first year of my new job as a technician. I spoke to my HR manager and I had a rebate the following 2 weeks... guess what? I am still on emergency tax!!

2. Voluntary_Pariah

Voluntary_Pariah a Real Man™

Everything at the moment. Work, relationship, where I am, what I am doing. Nothing seems to be moving in a positive direction.

Starting to feel like I have made nothing but bad decisions in the last 4 months.

3. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Bank decided that taking my mortgage out 2 days earlier than they should was an okay and smart thing to do.

So next month I've decided I'm paying them 2 days late, see if it works both ways.

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Company I'm with aren't answering emails, and they've not provided me with a Payslip either. If this keeps up; I'm totally going to have to consider getting legal with this. Especially since they also could've dropped me down to the 18-21 Payrate, despite having constantly advertised the work as the 21 over rate.

Edit; Whelp. I've finally managed to get ahold of a payslip, and it's showing that A; I'm being hit with Emergency Tax. And B; the Agency have reduced my wages to 5.03 an hour. Which is ********. Every single email, question I asked about earnings and confirmation I got said I would be earning 6.31 an hour. Especially when I work harder than some of the people there whom are earning 6.31 an hour, since I don't stand around talking for a minimum of three hours a day while I'm on my shift.

Last edited: 18 Dec 2013
  5. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

3.5 hours getting home tonight. Idiot getting smeared outside of london cancelling trains and then diversion across some guy decided to end his life in a particularly messy fashion involving trains. First idiot was stealing cables.

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Let me know how that works out : P

Who is your mortgage with if you don't mind me asking?

7. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Northern line + FCC per chance?

8. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

FCC are making me late EVERY DAY at the moment. It's very annoying.

9. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Machine in sig won't boot. Claims "power surge detected" despite UPS. BIOS reset doesn't help.

Think I'll be doing some unexpected shopping tomorrow.

10. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Only been waiting for a hearthstone invite for freaking ages, months,

search gmail, search junk, "deleted mail match your search" check "Hey heres your heartstone invite"

/faceplant

11. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Staffing agency is giving me a right bloody run about. First they refuse to give me payslips, then they've dropped me down to £5.03 an hour without informing me, NOW they're claiming it was always 5.03 an hour and EVERYTHING THEY ADVERTISED was a misprint, so everyone over the age of 21 is getting only 5.03 an hour.

This reeks of such ******** that I honestly wonder why I'm trying with this company. To anyone considering Royal Mail Christmas Casuals; Avoid Angard Staffing like the plague. It's not worth it.

12. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

After spending my lunch at work trying do decide on what parts I'll need to buy, I got home to find the %$^% thing boots right up as if nothing happened! :duh:

I may get some upgrades anyway.

13. gagaga

gagaga Minimodder

Try fun with displayport cables. I have one that works fine if you plug it in after booting, but if you shutdown the pc goes into a reboot cycle next time you turn it on....

14. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

After being in a new job for not quite 6 months, I'm not enjoying it. The company clearly value my work as today I received the highest level Christmas bonus available (Even though I'm still in my probation period), but by the same token I don't feel my ideas/opinions mean anything to them.
    To make it worse my old boss really wants me back and has offered me a seriously impressive package which would see me on x3 more money in the new year if I want it.

Staying where I am has much better career progression, but going back to my previous role would be an instant jump in finances, I was hoping for a nice relaxed Christmas break!

15. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Would you be happier in your old job? Happiness is the key, and if you can earn a decent amount whilst doing it then you're better off imo.

16. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Have you tried telling your new employers that? If you have a genuine fallback (to your ex-employer) what do you have to lose by speaking out, in a constructive manner?

17. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Yeah life's a bitch :rolleyes:

18. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Barclays.

I went in there and kicked up an almighty fuss, then waived the overdrawn fees I would have incurred and apologised.

It'll do.

19. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

[​IMG]

20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Well the reason I left was because I got tired of working away, The jobs are essentially the same just different areas of the UK.

I have put forward the ideas and even concerns that I have but they seem to have fallen on deaf ears. Either they are listening and things are happening in the background that I can't see yet, or they aren't bothered.

I didn't mean for the post to come across as if I'm having a **** time at the moment, more that its a decision that I could do without just before Christmas