1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Yeah I still haven't found the equivalent to IDSPISPOPD in Real Life yet. When I do, I will become a god among men.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Pissed cause I had to cancel a Lutro0 order because they took my money 10 days ago and haven't shipped or contacted at all during that time. I know **** happens-but you could inform your customers if it does.

I'm gonna use reproduction cloth-covered wire anyway. Fits my theme better.

3. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

not a big deal, but when I said nothing more could go wrong... I lied...

Seems in the hustle of getting stuff done I managed to burn a hole in some curtains, hopefully they weren't too expensive they're mine but I only paid for them because I have bad taste in furnishing, its a long story how it happened... I turn the iron off when I'm out of the room so no risk of fires

On top of that I feel man flu hitting me very quickly, sore throat and thumping head

I'm not a religious guy I tend to sit on the fence but I'm starting to believe that I'm being tested right now, so many things going wrong in the space of a week on something that was going fantastic and I'd put so much time and work to, that in all honesty if it was as successful as I hoped could have got me a job.

Still I trudge into the unknown

4. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

sinus problems... I now feel like i've been kicked in the face by the entire starting line-up of the grand national [jockeys included]...

and to make things extra fun it's *not* hayfever so anti-histamines do feck-all to alleviate it...

Rum and painkillers it is!

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Google "Neilmed"

6. KayinBlack

Well, fencesitter you may be, I'm still gonna pray you get some relief. You've had an epic run here.

Found out reason for delay-their shipping person they fired a while back left them in that bad a state. I owned a business for years, and I know that someone really can screw you over that hard. My only gripe was the lack of communication about it. Opened a case with Paypal, mostly because I'm just gonna go with a different solution.

7. RedFlames

Sod that... it happens one or twice a year if I'm unlucky... while i appreciate the suggestion, i'll stick with the rum...

8. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Lies, lies and more lies. All the time someone is lying to me; no one has any damn respect. I'm going to start kicking some arses soon.

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

Our office internet speeds...

This is normal...

I get 4.34M download on my phone!!

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

My job is being made alot more difficult thanks to changes that the managers have decided to make.

Normally in my job I would attend a site once and the job is done, now with the changes the site is having to be attended by other people up to 6 times before it's at a standard, that is able to be called "moderatly ok".

Need to start looking for other work as it's getting a really bad joke, but when you have no qualifications or experience in other jobs really it's kind of hard to find a new job.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Hospital last night for a sore throat last year it formed into a quinsy which felt horrible but the instant relief of having it lanced was like... heaven...

Also Also! Waiting in all day for a damn parcel that could arrive from 9am to 9pm... thanks YODEL

12. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Sitting here without the use of my desktop because my monitor gave up on me. Fortunately I have a new Dell U2412 coming tomorrow from Amazon. Can't come quickly enough!

13. RedFlames

Everything...

14. RedFlames

EDIT: Removed - whilst it felt good getting it off my chest and typing it up... probably not the best thing to be posting, or the best place to be posting it...

But the TL-DR version was - i'm up **** creek without a boat...

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

A lot of things have just gone t**s up lately. Most of my family won't speak to me because I told them not to come to my daughters birthday party. Why? Because they're never interested in seeing any of us unless it suits them; I haven't seen any of my family in months, they won't even show up with a present for their Granddaughter/niece either like they didn't last year. Last year they showed up for like 20 minutes so they can say they made an appearance and F***** off again.

Me and the missus hit boiling point really. She still isn't interested in a physical relationship in the slightest; a lot of things have happened recently but I don't deserve this. I've given her an ultimatum now; either she actually pulls her weight in this relationship or i'm gone. I can't really live like we're a couple of mates with three kids. We're 23, it's not like she's hit the menopause or something.

16. KayinBlack

Heading to the hospital soon, multiple hernias have hit the breaking point. I can barely breathe, heart's acting up-these symptoms should go away when they do something about it almost instantly but it looks like surgery's warranted here.

Thank God I have insurance now.

17. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

This year was meant to be the turning point in my life, where the fresh air on the January mornings hit my lungs and a huge weight was lifted. I had everything, and knew what I wanted this year. New job was going well and my girl was rock steady beside me, or so I thought.

Things are still up in the air regarding my relationship with the other half, she is almost 100% decided she's gone at the first possible chance. Currently we are house mates, and she is helping me deal with the cluster fu*k that this is.

No false promises have been made that things could get better, but she is trying in her own way which isn't fast enough for me, but maybe I'm being selfish.

I don't have the strength to cut her lose, I don't want to either. I see all of what has happened as a small grain of sand in a desert of life. Not that it's barren and bleak, but a future without that girl would sure feel like it.

I know all there is to know about her, which makes starting a fresh difficult because every question has been asked years ago. I was preparing to take the next step with her considering things were on the up, but that may never happen now.

I can't help but wonder if we should go to marriage councillor, even though were not married 8.5 years might as well be.

Work is confusing, I am employed as a design engineer who is currently contracting at another company locally. It started off as 2 weeks, and I've been there 14 weeks, with no sign of it stopping any time soon, I want to defect to them since the work is a walk in the park for me and I am well respected there since I bring skills they don't have currently. A job offer has been rumoured, and questioned, however the current project is so manic there isn't anytime to really focus on that right now.

The headache is the there client keeps changing the design after set freeze points, partly due to FEA failures we're pointing out in there designs were trying to bolt to so to say. If I get a job with them there is a small possible chance that I'll be off to Japan to over see the installation of the project.

Here is the big kicker, with home life going that way of the negative I don't want to stay in this area, I've hated it but being with her actually makes it great. I've finally found work which ties me here, and if I have to move on there isn't a great social scene around here.

I have no friends now, it's just her. Past friends have moved on and started new lives, and those I still know that haven't I don't want to know because they wont help me move forward. One friend I've know for years who I consider a true friend, is chronically unemployed and has zero motivation in changing that, so he would be useless as a wing man. Harsh and hugely judgemental I know but you'd have to meet him to understand.

My options.

Things work out with her, and we move asap for a fresh start over.

Things crash and burn with her, and I have to move locally to keep in work but suffer on a personal level.

Buy about 12ft of rope and end it now (wish I was joking)

18. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Theres always someone worse off done the course to get a cscs card some poor lad was getting half the questions wrong in the mock test after the lunch break he didn't bother returning.

When I left school walking onto a site to do some labour was something anyone can do, now it's £17 for the test and £30 for the card.

Everything seems harder now for younger people with no qualifications or experience.

19. Yariko

Yariko What's a Dremel?

One week uni left before it's time for a "short" 4 month summer break... And I have not got job or internship for the summer yet...... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

20. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Frigging phone has martyr'd Android on me, leaving me with it being incapable to boot. This wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the fact it also managed to Nuke the rom install .zip file on the way out, so I can't reinstall any version of Android on there to get the damn thing working again.

Currently all my usual methods, ADB, Fastboot, TWRP USB Mounting, have failed to produce any results, partially because the Xperia S is bloody awkward to get Fastboot and ADB running for.