1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

All I'm gonna say is...

Somehow we are all going to make it... It'll turn out alright in the end...

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

2. Jay88018

Jay88018 What's a Dremel?

What's ruining my life right now? ................My mother has disowned me and my 18 month old son..........reason........my partner and I are going to have another baby........when she was told she said it was selfish because SHE wouldn't get to see the child grow up, so told me she never wants to see us again and that my son, and future baby are not her grandkids and are cut out of the will.......but she dosen't want me to stop my oldest son from going to see her.

3. PAULWARDEN

PAULWARDEN What's a Dremel?

Hi erratum1 i passed cscs too but this was a few years back now sent on the course when i was unemployed only then to find out no one would employ a labourer with no experience was a total waste of time and effort

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Pain, lots of pain. Had an almost completely pain free day yesterday for the first time in years, absolute bliss. Last night I kept waking up with muscle cramps and now everything is sore, my head is killing me and I'm dizzy from the lack of decent sleep.

My skin feels bruised, the same way you feel when you are coming down with the flu. Looks like I'm going to be back on the pain pills today :(

Plus there is a very good chance that one of the coughing fits I am having from time to time will throw my back into spasm and that's scream-out-loud pain.

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I think I've trapped a nerve in my shoulder, was supposed to be going riding in the woods today too :(

That's harsh mate, my gran stopped speaking to me aged 13ish for some unknown reason, she then completely disowned me when my kids were born outside of marriage (though this year my partner and I will have been together 17yr). She never met them before she died last year and my kids are now 12 and 8.

It's hard, but you have to put the kids first in situations like this. She's the one who is going to miss out.

Jay88018 likes this.
  6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Just checked email more things added to my work load, new I shouldn't have been so quick to post in the awesome thread.. D:

Need to prepare a new CV, finish my dissertation report, finish my lab book and finish the soldering for next week not to mention I'm away Sunday-Monday

Some of the stuff is understandable but other pieces have just been added for the sake of making the second markers job easier and probably goes against what its necessary for the marking scheme.

As soon as all this crap is done I then have a week till exams.. literally never ends

7. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Nail and Head.

8. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Sorry to hear that first job I got 17 I think just walked on a site and was taken on didn't need cscs then.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Bailiffs turning up at my door this morning and again tonight...

I think it's from when I first had a orange contract fell a month behind phoned them asking if I could pay the money due and carry on with the contract and they refused and wanted the remaining amount from the full term. Obviously this wasn't possible and I was in a situation where I couldn't do bugger all.

Now ridiculous fees have been added on and crap if I sold everything I had on eBay it probably wouldn't cover the amount there asking for...

10. DeadP1xels

God dammit just noticed a mistake on my poster... EDIT: Two mistakes!! WTF

Its only 1 EDIT: 2.... but to me its unforgivable at this level of education and general awareness, might be able to use a sharpie on the extra letter and hope the eye leads away from it.

Although my poster does look fantastic so hopefully nobody will read it.

ALSO:

Drunk rambling...ignore

Last edited: 19 Apr 2014
  11. Almightyrastus

Cellulitis:

[​IMG]

Just spent 3 hours at the walk in centre and then the all night pharmacy didn't have the steroid cream i was prescribed...

12. DeadP1xels

Mother always at my finances, my student loan has come in so she is "helping"

She has told me she will take the majority for "safe keeping" I know exactly what's coming, next week for some strange reason holiday brochures will pop out on the table and she'll be talking about going on a cruise with my dad....

Funny how she can suddenly afford that? With a little help from a grand it helps... I'm not saying she will take it for her own money

It will just be years before I see it again when I really need it.

13. Almightyrastus

Does it not just get paid directly into your account? Mine always did and there was nothing anyone else could do to touch it

14. Weekly_Estimate

Tell your mother you don't want her looking into your finances and to bugger off?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

15. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

You're an adult; your mother shouldn't be butting into your finances at all really. You should speak up to be honest.

16. DeadP1xels

If you knew my mother you would do it for an easy life... trust me.

In all honesty, I can't be trusted with money I just don't like somebody claiming their helping but its for their own benefit.

17. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Yeah, the only person I know at uni who had their money managed by their parents ended up broke halfway through as they didn't have a clue. Start doing it yourself, it's your cash.

18. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

/agreed

Money management is a life skill, you have to make the mistakes to learn. Take control, put they money in bonds or something, that way they are not instantly accessible but you can get them if you need them : )

19. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Also, here that's a serious federal crime and can get you a lot of years in federal penitentiary. Probably the same there.

Put your foot down-that's theft and causing you to not have the money to complete each semester. There is nothing OK about what is going on there. If your mother makes your life miserable for it report her for attempted theft. There is literally no way that what she is doing is acceptable, legally or morally.

20. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Say no to your Mother, Manage your money make your own mistakes and learn from them it's the way we all learn