1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

Rangers to lift the cup? Surely not?! Bruins might just turn it on though, you never know? I've been looking for someone to talk hockey with all season, and it turns up in the life-(b)ruining thread? Amazing.

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Haha I know, what a random place and time for us to start talking about this!

You should know it pains me to say this, but I think the Rangers have turned it on. As uncoordinated as the Penguins were the past two games, they had some extremely good chances on the Rangers net and he stopped almost everything they threw at him. I'd probably agree that if anyone can do it the Bruins can, and I wouldn't mind that. I know nothing of the Kings and very little about the Ducks, but what would a Bruins-Rangers final be like? Do you think it's even possible?

3. jinq-sea

Well - Bruins/Rangers next round (probably), so impossible for the final, but exciting nonetheless. Ducks/Rangers final? That would be something, although it's more likely to be a final containing Chi I reckon

4. Unicorn

Oh, so it is! I wonder if they'll have to take that one to 7 games as well. I'm not sure who I want to win that series, the Bruins because I don't like the Rangers, or the Rangers because I'm starting to respect them for what they achieved and it's always better to be eliminated by the eventual winners than a team who get knocked out in the next series.

5. jinq-sea

The Rangers are alright really ;) I sort of cheat though 'cos I have two teams.

It's setting up to be quite an exciting close to the season though, particularly after the less-than-great start that the Rangers had...!

6. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Domain hosts, ages ago I had a domain name just for fun to make a site

Eventually stopped using it and the name kind of sucked so I immediately stopped the renewal, every year they still charge me...

I have to open a case with paypal every time I get charged to get my money back, I checked my account and its no longer my domain name I've emailed the company on multiple occasions I registered with and they agree its no longer my domain and I shouldn't be charged but I still do...

I then get paypal coming back and saying its part of a billing agreement but in this circumstance they're going to refund me... Its not my domain name stop charging me, its never the same amount of money either... sometimes its £6 other times its £18.... WHAT!?

7. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

Check your recurring billing things within paypal, that might not be cancelled.

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

U
    Why not share the name of this outfit with the rest of us

9. DeadP1xels

Oh, Wasn't aware you had to do that

Is that a common thing? I've used a few other recurring services through paypal and it autotmatically cancels

Its fasthosts.co.uk, I mean its not like there scamming me its just getting annoying that somebody can't see an error somewhere that's making me have to continuously cause a problem with Paypal.

I have some weird feeling in the future when I really have a problem PayPal are going to favour somebody else based on the amount of times I've had to do it for this one company

10. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well I assumed it was an error but who wants to deal with a company that can't cancel auto repeating billing properly

11. Unicorn

They're all right at the moment because they're full of emotion, passion and adrenaline, unlike the Penguins *groan* :(

Lots of people support two or three teams. I follow Penguins fans on Twitter who support as many as three NHL teams as well as some in other leagues like the OHL and SHL. If I had to pick one other to follow it would be the Bruins, but my heart as you've no doubt realized by now, lies in Pittsburgh. Another of my cousins who lives in Toronto is a huge Leafs fan and I occasionally watch their games, but they're dire at the moment :p

[edit]

Habs just eliminated the Bruins! :O

Last edited: 15 May 2014
  12. jinq-sea

Bruins out! I'm a bit surprised to be honest, and I'm pretty sure that the Habs will now prevent the Rangers hitting the final round. It sure has been a fun journey though...

13. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Managed to shut my jacket in my car door, result: seriously smashed phone.

On the plus side, I've just ordered a new screen assembly for £100 (allegedly new, although apparently they come from RMAs) which is a lot cheaper than I had looked at doing it for previously.

14. DeadP1xels

Looks like my finances might be spiralling out of control at the minute.

I might be forced to sell some stuff...

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

I've decided that I'm going to remove my mum from my life.

She phoned my partner and said "I have a gut feeling Evo's cheating on you"

Then she told me "Your never moving back into the family home, and if you do your never having your kids, your never bringing girls back,

So i have the option of moving in with a very old female friend that's been there for me where i can have the kids when i want, do what i want, and focus on life in general and move on.

Doesn't she realise i have the bloody kids on Thursday, Friday and drop them back on Saturday. On Friday night i let her have my daughter over night which means i only have her 1 night a week. By being chummy friends with my ex all she's doing is damaging the relationship further by putting bad ideas in her head.

Last edited: 15 May 2014
  16. Scroome

Scroome Minimodder

Never do that. Trust me.

You can distant yourself from them, but never remove them.

My partner did that and after 14 years it became impossible for him to reconnect, even though I could see he wanted to.

His mother passed just as he was mounting the courage to reconnect.

The guilt will be with him forever.

17. DeadP1xels

+1 I had a friend do a similar thing, they only reconnected when he found she had incurable cancer and he realized the time she had left was fixing the mess they both created. She clearly crossed the line though just be the bigger person

Fail to stop at a stop sign, run a red light, knock a cyclist with her mirror, sway occasionally checking her phone, OVERTAKE A BUS! on a busy town road, mount a pavement and finally drive into a WALL in a parking space ... in a grand total of! 7 miles.. WITH A NEW DRIVER PLATE.

Ignorant drivers, I'm fairly new to the roads in comparison to most of you I've been driving for almost 4 years with a full clean licence (one reformed speeding offence 38 in a 30 mabad) 25,000 miles driven and 0 hits, dings or obstruction to any other road user.

When we got out at the same destination she gave me a evil look for honking at her... I was close to losing my rag but I didn't have time to rant.

Its irresponsible idiots like that these that increase mine and your chance of being pulled of the roads in a ****ing body bag :nono: just STOP IT!

18. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

I think most people are in the same boat. I've been driving for three and a half years and all I've had is a couple of bumper-to-bumper dings from parking. I've managed to do some pretty silly things though, like pull out in front of an ambulance.

Phones etc are a huge distraction though. Even something like fiddling with the heater controls is bad enough. She sounds like a right muppet.

Last edited: 16 May 2014
  19. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Got another fun terrible driver/people story to further demotivate:

A new tenant moved into the apartment complex I live in. I parked my car on the leftmost of six stalls. Since the angled stalls make it extremely difficult to back out of this stall, I was parked straight in. This is common practice among the other residents. A couple hours later, this guy parks immediately next to my car, at an angle, with such a long truck that it has blocked my car in. All other stalls were open, there is no assigned parking.

"Oh great, I'll have to go ask him to move", I think. Yet when I go out to ask, what do I find? He's out taking pictures of the scene, capturing my license plate and some prior front end damage to my car (which I was at no fault for, by the way). There is no good reason to do this. To report me to the apartment manager for not following the stalls? To the police, if I tried to back out and hit him? To frame the front end damage as hitting him pulling in? As if blocking me in wasn't enough assholery for the day.

And the kicker: this isn't the first time, it seems. While chatting with other neighbors, they've had the exact same problem. He's purposefully blocked in anyone who doesn't follow the painted lines exactly. The stall is now abandoned because it's not worth trying to back in or out at such a ridiculous angle.

20. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Gives credit where its due

Had a unknown number call me this morning

"Hello "Evo" this is Sergeant knobber from "local police station" Don't know if you've seen the news lately but we're running a massive campaign cracking down on 3 things 1. Anti Social Behaviour 2. People that touch kids and 3. People that run businesses and cause fraud. I believe you fit into number 3. I've been notified by the herald that you've put your business on there and seen your website.

Me : Are you going to arrest me?

Him : I'm a sergeant and i will come to "insert old address" and pull you in if you put the phone down and you'll be in a world of s***.

Me : If your from the police station please phone from another number rather a unknown number i believe your not from the police station and your full of crap

Him : Why have you got such a robotic voice? you sound like Steven Hawkin but with a more retarded voice oh and have you been drinking this morning? sounds like your drunk! Me : Nice but i don't even drink... Him : Have you been smoking wacky backy on street corners?

Me : F*** you,

........................DaHeck!