1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Dude some of the stuff you have been doing recently has probably worn you down, It can take a while to hit you.

I have a heavy term at work, get a week of them BAM! wiped out for the first half of it.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

DeadP1xels, make sure you're eating right and drinking enough fluids. If you still feel rough when you wake it's worth getting a quick check with your GP to make sure you're blood pressure/sugar etc are behaving.

Ruining my life today is my GTX770 which I sold yesterday in the marketplace. I went for one last blast before pulling it out of the rig, and 45 minutes into the session the card self-destructed. You know the drill, corrupt screen, looping sound, hard reboot & no video output at all now (tested on several rigs).

I suspect a memory chip has cooked itself, hardly surprising given the clock speed. It's just annoying as I know have to give my buyer his money back and then RMA, foiling my plans for world domination to upgrade to a 780 for a while.

:rolleyes:

Thank **** it's an EVGA.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

KickStarter campaign

I started a campaign but the money has only just been received there are 3 people in a rush to get there rewards back which is digital art however the digital art takes at least 21 days meaning there going to be upset however i don't want to rush the artist and don't want to annoy the backers.

Can't please everyone!

4. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My diet has been slipping as of late, maybe that's the problem. Cheers for the advice :thumb:

Got my project grade back with 72% I'm satisfied with the grade (I expected 70-80%) but according to the project management system my dissertation wasn't even approved... has anybody bothered to look at it?

Because I won the 2 awards I keep getting people asking me what grade I got and they're saying stuff like "Oh I'm really unhappy I only got 77%" ... I respect there need to achieve and all but why would you say that to me knowing I got less??

Also so many job sites with nothing close to what I feel comfortable applying for, I'm really torn between applying postgrad and following a more detailed route (I know its not going to get me that much closer) or suck it up and hope for the best applying for anything I think I could do.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2014
  5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

To much work on to clear before I am off work next week, and cannot do any overtime this weekend due to my brothers wedding on Saturday and will be to drunk still on Sunday morning to do anything.

Oh well might have to cancel and day or two of my leave next week.

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

HD 518s have arrived! And, because it's a second-hand set, they're missing the 1/4" to 3.5mm jack, so I can't actually use them. Feck.

7. DeadP1xels

tired

Fire alarm battery gave up the ghost 3am so it did the 60 second beep

It was the top floor one so the ceiling is unusually high, I tried to do it on a kitchen chair I could just about reach being 6'2". "turn to open" BULL **** it had massive plastic catches inside and the only way I found that out in the end was tearing the faceplate off with the idea I would just replace the entire alarm in the morning if I broke it.

Damn thing was screwed directly to the ceiling instead of a bracket like the other ones are where you just slide it off the ceiling AND the screws were stripped as well... so it took me a good 15 minutes to get if off the ceiling with a few different large screwdrivers

/RANT

8. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Split from long term partner.

Love her but she makes any semblance of a normal life impossible.

And she keeps the dog.

Meh :(

9. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

I'm 6 weeks out of a 7 year relationship. It gets better, trust me.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I think smoke alarms are designed to kill the battery at stupid o'clock.:eyebrow:
    They never die during a quiet Sunday afternoon. </tinfoil_hat>

11. marlowdrummer

marlowdrummer Minimodder

been on hold for 1hr 25min to Scottish Power - useless gits!!!!

All because they forgot to put the readings I gave them in to the system the day I moved in.
    They want £175 for 16 days use, no chance, this is getting sorted tonight!!

edit:
    Finally got through after 1hr 57min, 30 seconds speaking to someone that knew what they were doing, sorted.
    Why do they put so few people on the phones? Madness.....

Last edited: 5 Jun 2014
  12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Pc is still bsod, had about 20-30 now but am slowly working my way through it hopefully ram comes out fine.

Also have toothache, gets bad in the evenings making it hard to sleep but dentist appointment tomorrow though how much that is going to cost.

13. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Mains powered cheescake. Ours is wired into the upstairs lighting circuit and has a battery backup in case of power cuts.

That ensures it only makes a noise when I'm cooking like all good alarms should...

14. DeadP1xels

I was so tired I almost smashed it with my bare fists, I told my dad I replaced the battery and he congratulated me for "not ripping the bag of **** of the ceiling" atleast he's happy.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Mine ARE mains powered. They still kill the battery at stupid AM! :wallbash:

16. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Had a nice expensive bill from the dentist, still need to go back for a check up on the rest of my teeth, but minus one wisdom tooth and a mouth full of pain.

17. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Not life ruining, but annoying: new drive belts for the hoover finally arrived today; not even close to long enough, despite being advertised specifically for my hoover model. Not worth returning as postage would be more than they cost, so neg feedback ( I do like sellers who automatically leave positive feedback for buyers before they've even posted the item )...

18. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

If you contacted the seller I am sure they would give you a refund without asking you to return if the item was that cheap and not as described. Leaving negative straight away without communication seems a little harsh, they may have even sent the wrong item by accident.

19. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

I do not tolerate incompetence... :nono:

They only cost a £1.49 so money isn't the issue ( can resell or reuse them for something else ), looking at their feedback there is way too much negative feedback- mainly faulty and incorrect/mis-described items. Also, they don't seem to respond to messages either so waiting a week to get a refund and leave negative feedback anyway is just a waste of time.

Normally I do contact the seller if there are issues for something more valuable, but this time I know it's not worth the hassle.

20. bagman

bagman Minimodder

Got a maths exam monday need to get good sleep and revise as much as possible. However my neighbours would appear to have finished all their exams and is throughing a massive party.... no sleep for me :(.