1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

As are mine, however I don't think they work....the number of times if filled the kitchen with smoke. Not a peep from them, I bet they are just a box with an LED mounted inside.

2. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

TechTurbo.co.uk

WARNING do not buy anything from this online company.....rip you off then ignore any attempt at contact :nono::grr::miffed:

3. KID52

KID52 Minimodder

If they had so many negative comments such as this, then perhaps the situation would have been avoided by taking your business elsewhere.

Even though the item is of low value, I can't see how a simple message stating what resolution you want for it can hurt or take more than a couple minutes. Then if they don't reply within a reasonable amount of time, sure leave negative as they have poor service too. But what I cannot stand as a seller is buyers who instantly jump on the negative bandwagon, you cannot believe how damaging it is for a seller, especially if the situation could be easily resolved or is a genuine mistake.

4. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I think I will stick it out. Will see where it goes.

5. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Believe me, I haven't left negative feedback for anyone in years, not something I do on a whim if I'm not happy about a purchase. And yes, it is extremely damaging for sellers- maybe they'll get a handle on their business and start responding to messages and actually describe things accurately ( as an example, they list things as used but provide only stock photos and no further info besides manufacturers description, then the items arrived trashed, or in one case covered in mould! ), or they'll be forced down the pile of sellers on ebay and have to start again with a new account and try and look after their reputation a little better 2nd time around...

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Life gets from bad to worse sometimes.

I got beaten up by a homeless person.

Yep. That happened. It was completely unprovoked. I was walking around town doing some errands, shopping and bills etc. I walk past this homeless gent and I say no when he asks for change. I know begging is illegal and I also know that there are charities that help homeless people much more than a couple of quid on the street. He gets really irate quickly and just starts swearing and calling me selfish and throwing insults around. Why me? There would've been hundreds of people walking past him that day saying no so why is he starting on me? I tried diplomacy and tried to reason with the guy but he started throwing punches and kicks so I felt that I should've defended myself; there wasn't anyway around it.

A scrap later (and it was a scrap, the man had no kind of rhythm with his attacks, he was just swinging his fists and legs wildly) I was in pretty bad shape; I had a black eye, few cuts and plenty of bruises. People said plenty like "you should've just beat the crap out of him etc." and I would've if he wasn't a homeless bum with nothing to lose. I could've been done for GBH and assault, even though he started it. I did my fair share of damage but he just pretty wild to be honest. It was quickly taken up by the police and I am pressing charges for it. It was completely unprovoked and I still don't really know why it happened.

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Probably no more reason for it than sometimes crazy just goes crazy. Sounds like you are sorting it properly, don't settle for anything less than prosecution would be my thoughts on this, chances are there is a history.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

There's your mistake right there. Many homeless people have mental health problems and some do drugs and/or alcohol. When they are withdrawing because they cannot afford their next fix, or they are just having a bad episode, they can become pretty agitated and paranoid. In those instances, unless you know how to contain that it's best to ignore the rant, not make eye contact and move on quickly. Call the police somewhere out of view if you think he's at risk to himself or to others.

Having said that, I'm sorry this happened to you; it sucks. You made the mistake of trying to reason with him basically because you wished to treat him respectfully, and gave his opinions value. I'm sorry that on this occasion it wasn't rewarded.

9. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Don't say 'no', if they ask for change say 'I haven't got any change sorry, I'm as skint as you', then run away quickly... :worried:

10. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

People having no concept of how damaging the smallest of lies can be.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

So the rent to my old flat hasn't been paid since the end of March, My partner moved out even though i asked her to stay all the bills would of been paid and she would of had enough money left over to enjoy her self instead she moved back into her parents overcrowded house in which they charge her more rent then what we were paying for the flat! for one bedroom.

Today i sent the letter off saying we're moving out and we have to give 28 days notice... That's another £400 right there so as it stands we will owe about £1300...

I phoned the housing people up and said I'm defiantly willing to come to a agreement to pay the money off although it may take awhile... Nope we're taking you to court... Me : Although i wanted to avoid that it will benefit me more then you anyway so that's fine. Her : What do you mean? How would going to court benefit you? Me : I have no property, No items of value, I don't have a income, neither do i claim benefits... People don't go to prison for owing money the last time i checked.

Instead of coming to an agreement with me there taking me to court which is going to cost them more money in the long run...

12. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

13. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

eBay.

YOU WAIT THREE F***ING YEARS FOR AN ITEM TO COME UP FOR SALE

IT'S AT A REASONABLE PRICE AND ENDS IN TEN MINUTES

YOU THANK THE VARIOUS GODS FOR CATCHING IT IN TIME

YOU TRY TO PLACE A BID

IT WON'T LET YOU BECAUSE 'THE SELLER DOESN'T SHIP TO YOUR COUNTRY'

YOU CAN'T MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT IN TIME TO AVOID THIS FARCICAL BULLS*** RULE

I'M SO MAD

14. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Have you given them written a written notice and a written request to come to an agreement? It'll come in handy later in court to show you've tried to be cooperative but they didn't want to hear any of it.

15. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I've written notice, can you give me some idea on how the letter should be to come to an agreement should be set out.

Thanks

16. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

well workout lasted long...

I heard the doorbell go and considering I wasn't expecting anything or anyone I carried on.

I was on the treadmill for probably 2 minutes more when I saw a figure standing outside my backdoor, nearly **** myself.

I had the awkward encounter of having to open my backdoor in my boxers covered in sweat... i completely forgot the scaffolders were coming.

17. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Staffordshire I cannot wait to leave this area and go back home to Ireland

18. Aurie

Aurie What's a Dremel?

My 10 hour total commute to work per week!! Argh!! Moving closer to work in three years yay -.- long story...

19. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Isn't that only 30min each way (assuming you work 5 days a week?)

20. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

That's noute.

Man up.

Hour each way.