1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I did eat a bit...

This is how I'm feeling

It was so crammed of chocolate, I'm not even sure there was a sponge it was like chocolate lard..

I'm already regretting it, maybe I'll remember it next time :nono:

2. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

Photo taken about three minutes ago.

[​IMG]

Yes, thats snow. In June.

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Only went and did a desktop wipe from windows 8 forgeting to photo my windows 8 key and as you guys should know by now with laptops the stickers are no longer on the computer...

I don't mind as i have 2 spares but still a bummer throwing £25 away :(

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Wut. It's 26 degrees and cloudless here today!

My new RC wheel balancer from Losi Racing is out of balance. That's right, they manufactured a wheel balancer that has a spindle which is out of balance. And I bought it.

I quit.

5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

if you can afford it. get the hudy one. good make and good quality.

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Some part of my Phone's internal storage completely wiped itself earlier, leading to the phone partially factory resetting itself, and jamming up on some app installs due to leftover files.

So it's a backup, format, reinstall job, since I've been having issues with this Rom for a while, and this has pushed me over the edge. I don't want to have to rebuild my Launcher and contacts every other month.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

A common trick I see some people using is to simply disconnect/remove the drive shaft from one corner on their model ( may mean dismantling a cvd, or simply taking out the dogbone ), and sit the model on a stand; ta-da, instant wheel balancer.

Being a large truck guy, I don't bother with wheel balancing as it isn't so vital for offroad use & general bashing, compared to onroad speed runs...

8. Unicorn

I've heard of that one as well but unfortunately it won't work for me on this 1/10th car because the CVDs can't be dismantled, or even easily disconnected from the gearbox joints because of the type of top link I'm using. It's a bit of a pig to work on really, and it's so much easier to take them off to balance. I called Horizon Hobby yesterday and they advised me to send it to their technical team who would repair or replace it for me, so I'm doing that today. Let's see if their legendary customer service lives up to its reputation.

I was going to as lots of my other RC tools are Hudy including my commutator lathe, but couldn't find it in stock anywhere in the UK :(

Last edited: 18 Jun 2014
  9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Hay fever has well and truly found me. My sinuses are backed up, my eyes itch like crazy and won't focus on anything properly, the sneezing is somewhat spectacular and the roof of my mouth won't stop itching, that's the bit that's driving me nuts.

I'm already dosed up on allergy pills but I think I need to break out the nose spray.

10. Unicorn

I'm the same at the moment. It's been getting progressively worse for the past week or so, and I spent yesterday evening doing a shoot in an Orchard, which has tipped me over the edge and left me in pretty bad shape today.

11. Almightyrastus

It always takes a really high grass pollen count to get me started, most of the earlier tree stuff doesn't bother me at all, but once I start, then any little bit will set me off again until the end of the season.

12. Unicorn

I think I'm the same and I'm fairly sure there was grass being mowed for hay a few fields away from where I was last night :/

13. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'll put it here because it gets me a bit annoyed, mostly with myself.

I have a proper crush on my Mrs.' friend. She came over to cut my daughters hair and I couldn't stop staring; mostly because her chest was on show on account of the low cut vest. She's properly my type physically.

I'd never do anything about it because i'm not that kind of guy but man.... the thoughts i've been having.

14. Almightyrastus

- My mum

:naughty:

15. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Bloody SanDisk Sansa Clip + MP3 player has given up the ghost.

All Rockboxed and configured just the way I liked it, on/off button fell off (solder points failed).

Managed to arsehole the screen whilst taking the dam thing apart.

It was only £15 but its pissed me off..

16. Darkwisdom

My Mrs. family. Seriously, they can't do anything themselves and rely on her do sort out the entire family.

Her father has an anxiety disorder, her mother is a manic depressive and her brothers are both lazy and seem to suffer a bit of both from their parents. One of them is naive to think his bull**** relationship is working even though everybody except him thinks that she is a massive cow. Her other brother has epilepsy and mild depression; tried to strangle the other one the other day because he's sick of his crap. Their parents won't get involved and my mrs. seems to be handed the "sort everything out for us, we're useless" cards.

She's so tired and mentally drained she came home and cried on me. It's taking all of my strength not to go over there and scream at them. If they're not careful she's going to have a mental breakdown.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Any workout website seems to completely go against what the previous website says,I know its a science and all but its hard to know what I should be doing.

At the end of the day I want to lose a small amount of fat and eventually gain some tone and muscle, but every single source is different to the last.

Currently doing high intensity cardio daily in combination with Taekwondo and occasional body weight excercises, some websites says its good in shedding fat some says its bad and burns muscle tissue.

Others argue weight training is the way to go but list exercises requiring high amounts of gear and having to eat thousands of calories to satisfy gains, it seems counter intuitive losing weight would include eating thousands more calories and lifting weights.

I need to find one really good source to work from.

18. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

The wife and I are dealing with the fact that she needs a hysterectomy for serious health reasons, but we want a child again more than anything. This is misery, especially being told that an attempt to carry it to term would flat cold kill my wife. There's nothing I can do to make it feel better for her, nothing at all.

19. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

Not ruining my life but it's ruining my brother's life

My brother's car just costs him $800 to get it fixed.. Mass Air flow sensor, spark plugs, Ignition coil and something called MPI Module.. there was a blockage on the catalytic converter which has been resolved... way too much money for this car for a month already.. It's a 2008 Pontiac Grand Prix.

20. Darkwisdom

Well, you might not be able to make her feel better now, but I think she'll realise no matter how much you want a child, is it worth risking her life for such small odds? Some people have debated on that, but I don't think it is worth her life in my opinion.

I'm lucky to have three kids, but I have f**k all else going for me.