1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Kids have the Flu. It makes them very irritable and complainative.

2. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

The biggest case of bed rejection I've ever had resulting in maybe two hours' sleep prior to a 12 hour shift. Today is going to be difficult...

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Still not life ruining, (one day I'll have something thread worthy, though I hope not). My filling came out last night, I reckon the tooth is going to need pulling, no pain yet, but I know it's going to be a b!tch.

4. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

^Depending on how much of the filling came out ( whole thing, just top half etc ), the pain will come once food gets down into the cavity and starts playing havoc with the nerve endings. In my case several months back, it took a good couple years before there was pain from a broken filling, but when the pain did come, zomfg did it hurt- I'd get it sorted straight away rather than put it off.

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Yeah had that and took about a year for it to become a bitch.

****ing wisdom tooth too!

Had a hole right through to the nerve!

6. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Not life-ruining per se but... Apple... specifically the complete retreads they slap the completely misleading and inaccurate 'Genius' label onto [the store drones]...

Having to sort out several bits of mac-related bumf for my cousin as his local apple store are incapable of a: reading a model # and b: telling the truth...

They told him:

He has an '09 model macbook with an i5 Processor [it's the late '08 model with a c2d]
    It can accommodate 16GB of RAM [Even if it *was* the '09 model, it can't, 8 is its limit]
    The ram can't be be replaced by the user an apple store/AASP has to do it [which is complete bollocks]

Oh and when he updated it to Yosemite, the text-to-speech app he needs to be able to use the mac doesn't work... which leads me on to -

You'd think a company that makes text-to-speech software for those with Dyslexia and whatnot would've made their website easy to read and navigate... evidently not...

... oh an before some smart-arse says 'pc Cheesecake' or some variant, he works at a music college, his job requires use of osx-only software... if a pc was an option the macbook would've been attacked with a hammer by now...

Last edited: 17 Nov 2014
  7. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Not sure which is worse, the Crapple-tards, or the fact that there's no way to ditch said crapple devices.

8. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Re: Tooth filings.

Just this past year I've had a tooth SNAP in half (at a diagonal - top of one corner to the bottom of the opposite corner). That would have hurt like a mofo, but luckily(?) I got another surprise... the damn nerve was completely dead.

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Surely this should be in the other category as you are not suffering the pain of toothache on the account of the dead nerve.

10. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

The dentist thinks my tooth never hardened properly leaving me with much the same shaped tooth, this is why the filling keeps falling out.

11. berte

berte What's a Dremel?

Work,work,work...

12. creative

creative 500rwhp

Yep.. you guessed it.. This bloody car!

My custom made heat exchanger turned up after 4 weeks, fitted it and the supercharger water loop is still drawing in air. Put it on the back of a trailer today so the guys can strip the kit off and find outs what wrong.... I will get a week with it!

13. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Zug Zug

14. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

BBC Radio iplayer stalling EVERY 30 SECONDS! :wallbash:

15. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I find that SO IRRITATING - it does it quite a lot, regardless of connection, in my experience...

16. berte

berte What's a Dremel?

I have a f***ing headache!

17. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Jet laggg and in work.

18. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Well today was pretty shitty. Woke up to my cat screaming in pain and paralysed in his hind legs. Took him to the vet whose diagnosis was a thromboembolism. The vet said he's had little success treating them in the past and, given the pain Pixel was in, advised that he be put down. All within the course of 2 hours.

19. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I love the name, but sorry to hear that mate. It's like losing a member of the family :(

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

How horrible. My heart goes to you Vipersgratitude.