1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would not be relaxing during the 'grace 'period, quicker you get a job the more money you will have saved by not spending your months wages and the fortnight's cash.

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Yep that's why I will be out early Monday morning looking for a new job.

My brother is working on a site at the moment, and they are looking for Site Supervisors, Project Managers and others, and luckily they all happen to be dealing with alot of civils work etc which is pretty much what I have been doing for the last 5 years so, going to get my cv sorted on Monday and get that off to them, and whilst I wait to hear about that I will be dropping my cv at other places to.

I don't like being off work for to long so anything longer than a week and I am bored to tears.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Good luck to you then.

4. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Windows 8 and the stupid "we ran into a problem" feck off

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

For those men of a delicate disposition do not click on the link. I am just back from seeing a Urologist and it has been decided I need a TURP.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Aw, crap man. As if you haven't had enough to deal with. :(

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It comes as a result of a lifetime of abuse of my body, it is called payback. What was slightly more disappointing is that I got on with the consultant very well which is so not like me. How will I hold my head up high in the 'Grumpy Old Gits' club if this gets out? :rock:

8. GMC

GMC Minimodder

...crosses legs in a sympathetic manner...

9. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I'm pretty annoyed at the recent steam workshop controversy. As an elder scrolls fan since morrowind
    it really annoys me that I won't be able to get some of my favourite mods for free, just because they gave into their greed and put their mod up behind a paywall.

PC is a freedom of expression, it is that openness and freedom to mod and do what you like to your games that makes me a fan of the platform. With things like this, mods will all become paid, games are as expensive as a console game - what reason does a lot of people have for staying a PC fan?

Corruptness and greed - psht.

10. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Mods being paid sounds like a good idea to me ;)

11. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

As long as it's not pay-per-ban :p

12. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

How about you go into work tomorrow and not get paid? :eek:
    I think if a mod is extensive they do deserve to be rewarded in some way for the hours of effort they have put in. Granted there will be someone who just creates a hat in a day and chooses to sell it. The mod marketplace will be rife with things like that now at the beginning. But I think with time things will balance out as money and altruism will speak. I hope.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Isn't that what that 45k was for?

14. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

True for mods for like falskar or Skyui that have massive changes that greatly impact the game. Full game mods are fair play, they are basically the same as creating the thing from scratch. Charging £3.50 for a suit of armour is... just awful.

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

16. asura

asura jack of all trades

Car goes in for a service and MOT tomorrow and I fully expect it to be circa £350 with a decent chance it may fail on emissions (our something else) and the timing couldn't be worse. As next month I'll finally be in a position to replace the little blue monster.

17. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Couldn't you just scrap it now and borrow something for the next few weeks?

18. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Family. I dread their calls every couple of days because it's usually to demand results from my uni (which I'm practically paying for since I was an indentured employee to them since the age of 14) and guilt me that I'm not calling home enough.

Family is also the people who on my birthday proxied a gift by taking out my little brother's meagre coffers and gave me some of his money because they forgot. And then promptly taking out $1600 and telling me I owe them $1100 more.

It's a pithy sum, but when you forward $4000 of your money to help pay for your education (which is just rent at this point since I get tuition) and they then say that they can't help me pay for rent after paying 2 months worth (which is 30%) leaving me high and dry again after giving me a lecture about being a shitty son and a son who doesn't care about family..

Well that's not fun. Especially after being called a terrible influence to my brother because he's not as successful as they pile on guilt and shame on him because apparently I was and am responsible for his growth as they were absentee parents for the most part. Of course instead being decent parents, my parents have decided that I'm the shitty son because my younger brother doesn't have straight cut out goals in his life at 19 and isn't at UC Berkeley, a school that 1% of people even get admitted to.

Overworked, unpaid, unappreciated, unsupported, and paying my own rent, I'm trying to get a job while going to University because my family gave me skills and then decided to tell me to **** off but still support them while guilting me.

Gah my blood pressure rises even thinking about it.

19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Sounds to me that you are far too busy to even consider taking their crappy calls... ;)

20. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Mixed up my Free From Cornetto style Ice cream with my wife's non free from version & ate the whole thing without realising...

EURGH...

Tasted so good and now I feel terrible (both for mixing them up and physically).