1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I've lost one of the best friends I ever had. We don't talk any more and she doesn't answer my calls or messages. I've made plenty of attempts to stay in touch but I rarely get any response. I'm done chasing a friendship that isn't there any more. It's sad, but she obviously doesn't want to know me any more.

My shoulder injury from a fall on an icy footpath near home a few years ago has flared up again and I'm losing sleep because of the discomfort. It takes a lot to keep me awake at night and it's giving me neck pain and headaches during the day too. Time for another physio visit :/

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

My partners daughter has been bought a laptop by her Dad for her birthday.

Thing that winds me up is it is a 7 year old Dell from what I can gather.

Geting a bit sick of stuffing old computers with Ram and SSD's for people on shoestring budgets, as this is what I will have to do with this "gift"

Seriously who gives there kids something so old for a Birthday? Bloke earns twice what I do ffs.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Apart from waiting to hear of my date for having my man bits severely interfered with by having a TURP, I learnt to day that although the two biopsies on my nasal passages came out clear of the Big C I might still need to have a operation or two to sort my issues. This is all getting a little tedious, I appreciate that I have led a pretty hedonistic lifestyle with to much booze fags and other substances but enough already.
    On the plus side it does mean chat to pretty nurses.

4. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Well, I lived 100% clean other than coffee and look at me. Doctors refuse me surgery-they can't resect anything because my connective tissue is not able to hold sutures. I still don't envy you, but clean living doesn't save you either.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Live well, eat healthily, die anyway...

6. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Minor compared to most here, but struggling career wise. I'm currently in IT - working on desktop projects, 3rd line, and general support. I want to swap into Project Management, but struggling to find sensible things to apply for - those I have, I've not heard anything back from.

7. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

well i saw my solicitor in belfast, he said he feels ''confident'' about my case, but i dont know if thats confidence about making the case dissapear, or removing her accusations, or what

its ruining as its still a MASSIVE amount of anxiety ruining my life daily over this.

i need to go again at least twice, and one of those will be for a trial that will last about a week /sigh

8. Archtronics

Archtronics Minimodder

Keep on ploughing through pal you will get past it.

Knocked my mirror off this morning, It was 50/50 fault and the other bloke was alright about it. However he found his mirror but mine is no where to be seen which is strange and annoying because I will have to replace the whole thing.

9. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Please don't tell me making a insurance claim for a replacement front window effects your insurance?

Dads obviously paid for my car to be fixed, paid my monthly insurance cost and now wants to claim to have the front window fixed (only because he wants it mind you) not for me

I however am buying a new cheaper car which i can afford to run and pay the petrol with but if this effects the insurance i will not be able to buy the car i want? do you have to put down you've made a claim for a window when looking for more insurance?

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

I think you do Evolution. Autodials only say the chip repair doesn't effect your no claims. whats the matter with the window?

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

BIOS update on a Lenovo Z585 has all but bricked the laptop : ( it boots but the fan runs at full and it shuts down after 30-40 seconds. Managed to keep it on several times but nit sure if I can re-flash it : (

12. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Had enough on one of the other forums I frequent. Bunch of losers who try to find any reason to insult everyone else. It isn't all of them, but a surprisingly large number. I won't go there again.

13. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I don't have any no claims but i'm worried it might increase the monthly cost? and the crack spans right cross the whole screen so it will need to be a full replacement sadly

14. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Crazy, left field out of the box idea, but have you thought to phone your insurance company and ask?

As far as I've heard you have to pay the excess but it shouldn't affect your NCD or premium, but then I just get a local guy to replace mine when needed as it's cheaper than messing about and going fully comp

15. GMC

GMC Minimodder

I'd just pay the repair. I still overpay with increased premiums for 2 incidents in the past 5 years.
    - car broken into in Madrid, no payout, not call out, Nada. I had to take the door apart and rig it to make the car secure again till I got home. Buy new door lock and fit. All sorted and an extra key on the keyring.
    - corsa drives into back of me (in a mitsi pajero) at a roundabout. Corsa = write off. Pajero has a red smudge on the towbar. No claim, no payout, just notification.

I wouldn't involve them, just buy a new window from a scrapyard and fix it.. If front screen just take to body shop and be done

16. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This.

17. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

All is not lost - if it supports ISP you can flash the bios chip using it (ISP) without the laptop being on/powered/etc - if it does there will be a header somewhere, and you can plug into it. You need an ISP flasher - you can use an arduino for that, there is an example sketch bundled with the software called MegaISP

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Truck overturned on the exit to the industrial estate where I work. Going home tonight will be FUN! :wallbash:

19. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

my Arraignment date came through my solicitor, still have zero clue about what is going to happen.

or what im liable to be charged with, or what sentence im going to get. some parts of the case i am going to have to take on the chin and hope for the best.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Try and take a bit of comfort in the fact that the person handling this for you knows a hell of a lot more about the processes than you do. Listen to what they tell you and follow their instructions, they'll get you through this