1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Worn the hell out after walking 400 or so feet. My new braces will not be here for at least two weeks if not longer. Got to wear thigh high compression hose and a shoulder length compression sleeve on my left arm and a glove on my right to deal with venous insufficiency. Getting tired of the furosemide as well.

I've experienced a lot of setbacks after this stroke. More than I'm comfortable with dealing with. So glad I have a therapist and lorazepam.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

What shower head have you got Kronos?

I know the combi boilers can suck cock when not paired with a good head and appropriate hose length. Mine was like being coughed on by a dead bird until I fitted a shorter hose and a good head (Triton head and hose at 1.25m, fwiw).

3. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I think it's about time I stopped being good and started going out enjoying myself and grabbing every opportunity I can while I'm still young. I've kept myself good for way too long now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Mira Sport 9.8. I discovered that Mira has a Facebook page and moaned on it. within a few minutes I had a thank you for choosing Mira and an offer to send an engineer to have a look at my set up. So will ser how that goes. But I will mention your idea of a shorter hose and better head as the hose is certainly too long as I had to change the head on ky power shower before I was satisfied. Good suggestion.

5. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Just spent 20 minutes holding my wife's hair back while she was being sick into a bucket.
    Ain't love grand :)

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

7. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Had a call from work, I'm now in tomorrow and have 30 Z620s to install daughter boards to then run rebuilds an updates on yay for bank holidays!

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

This all singing all dancing new heating system is really getting up my nose. The Danfoss TP5000SI is not talking to the Danfoss RX1 room thermostat or the other way around. (these) and no matter how many time I reset them they are refusing to play.

Don't you just love when the blurb says Easy to programme and operate? I will need to call the fitter back in tomorrow and I have enough to contend with with a poorly cat that needs to go to the vet tomorrow morning.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Wireless thermostats have a limited transmission range. Interference by electrical home equipment makes it worse. You need to pair the thermostat and receiver virtually side-by-side and then move the thermostat to its intended location.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lucky if the range is more than six feet with a door and single brick wall between them. As these are hard wired now it will need the fitter to sort that out if that is the solution.

11. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Going on the user manual (PDF warning) if they have come in a combined pack, the units have been paired in the factory.

The same user manual says if you need to re-tune them..

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Last night caught my partner doing this tongue around the top of the bottle thing towards one of my friends which weren't looking.

All the crap we've been though and I've stuck by her just to catch her doing that ... I'm more disappointed then anything tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Done all that but the thermostat does not reset because I fear the fitter has disabled the reset switch which can be done at the back and I am not faffing around removing the front plate to check. These are teething problems which the professionals can fix whilst I hover close by taking mental note.

http://heating.danfoss.co.uk/PCMPDF/40798v02s3-00_2.pdf

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Hard drive's gone... taking 600+GB of data with it...

15. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

A workshop with 2 servers, 5 desktops, and a laptop that need sorting asap and not enough time to get started on them :sigh:

16. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Not slept recently. I've suffered with insomnia as a kid and as a teenager, but it hasn't hit me for years. It could be the stress of everything at the moment .

I also recently discovered a Manga with Overclocking as a subject matter. I kid you not, it's a manga based around japanese overclocking and gaming tournaments. Yes it's ridiculous and it's terrible.

17. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Minimodder

My manager seems to have singled me out at work. He hassles me everyday and I feel like leaving my job, but I can't afford to. It's nothing extreme that I can go to HR and complain about but it's enough that my anxiety problem, which I swept under the carpet for over 6 months, has returned and my self esteem has dropped considerably in the last few days. I actually have dreams where I am physically torturing him 'Ramsay Snow style'.

18. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Two words for that my friend; **** it. Leave, soon. Live on the bread line, even go and sign on for unemployment benefits for a while. Your letter of resignation should include the details of your reasons for leaving.

Do not stay in a job you don't enjoy or one with people you don't get along with (or who don't get along with you, whatever the case may be) one day longer than you have to. Life is too short for that nonsense. I don't care if you're the caretaker who cleans toilets or the CEO of a company, nobody goes out to work in the morning to be made miserable when trying to earn a living.

I can relate to this because I have left three jobs where an asshole was in charge and simply didn't like me. One a shop owner and the other two production managers in factories. I told each and every one of them to kick rocks, unfortunately 5 years too late in the case of the shop owner. In another case the previous owner of a shop I worked in would still call in to see the new owner who had hired me on a regular basis. He also took a dislike to me, so I told him exactly what I thought of him on the phone one day. He'd called the main line and I answered, and he started to give me bad manners. It was a short conversation and I hung up before he had a chance to respond. The new owner just laughed and told me I was right to do it, he could never unerstand why the guy was so arrogant to me all the time.

The boss in my current part time job who I get along with brilliantly 99.99% of the time has been uncharacteristically rude with me on three separate occasions in the past 18 months because he's been venting his frustration on a particular day, and each time I didn't hesitate to let him know how out of line he was and how little of it I would take. Each time he has cooled off and apologised to me within the same day.

My work can be stressful enough at times as it is without working with people I don't get along with. In that part time job I don't work with an organisation full of colleagues, I work with friends. I get along extremely well with my boss, line manager and the rest of the staff bar one, and thankfully I can easily avoid him for most of the week!

Oh, welcome to every week of my life for the past... I don't know, 2 years?! I'm exaggerating but it feels like it! :rolleyes:

This (going on four weeks) bout of illness has me way behind on two large installs and a workshop full of repairs. I'm still not back to my usual self yet so progress is very slow getting caught up.

Last edited: 26 May 2015
  19. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Despite both my PC's being generally "better", I have just finished helping a mate build his new matx system and now I want new stuff too :(

20. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

Feel the same way, we only make enough for the essentials and the bills at the moment. My mate just got me to build him a new rig for like £1000; it's better than my rig. I'd love to afford some lovely upgrades.