1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Picked my car up today with a £216 bill to follow which I now need to pay monthly, 2 minutes of driving out of the damn place I notice my drivers side window isn't working... Go back to the garage to be told 'wasn't us we didn't touch the window, fact remains when I toke the car there the window was working completely fine.

I'm hoping it's just a fuse, however the lights on the switch are lit up so if it was the fuse wouldn't it knock them out to? Oh and the car needs a mot in less then a week...:wallbash:

2. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

The ol' lights on or off discussion when about to bang the missus going incredibly wrong.

Probably out of a GF, Flat, a cat I adore and lots of money.

Not sure what to do.

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I feel like there might have been some underlying tension prior to this...

4. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Problem solved, we reconciled.

5. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I hurt my left knee at the gym, about a month ago, and it is taking its sweet time to recover. In the meantime, I've skipped leg day and replaced it with ground exercise and more upper body exercise.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Yeah, sometimes I manage to slightly injure something that then takes weeks to recover. Just giving whatever you've hurt a break seem like the best policy.

My problem is that I've just started going back to the gym again after 6 months and I'm struggling to do 3/4/5 full sets of anything, even if I can do the initial sets easily.

7. asura

asura jack of all trades

As/when you get a new car... different garage eh!

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Field... Fire... Claim Insurance...

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Lights and windows will be on different fuses, unless Honda are megatards.

In fact. Just checked, power motors are separate indeed - Interior fuse box, 20a fuse. Depending on your model year depends what number it is! But definitely worth a look instead of going to a garage. Might cost you a couple of quid from Halfords rather than another bumpounding from some robbing *******s.

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Not quite ruining my life just yet but it might be by Monday afternoon.

Because of some half-baked idea that never got off the ground I had to register as having a self-employment business - which also means registering for tax self-assessment. Never did anything with that idea though, so 100% of my income comes from a full time job. I'm not a contractor so my tax is paid by PAYE.

Self-assessment was a doddle since I just copied what was on my P60 and submitted a nil return for the self-employed part. Except it told me that I'd paid too much tax and I was due a refund. Er.... what? I got the refund yesterday, which reminded me that I should probably check that I'd entered all the details properly. As it turns out I hadn't added my company medical cover to my tax return. Oops, that's a taxable benefit and taxable benefits have their own section, so I should have put those numbers in. Crapcrapcrapcrap where the hell is my P11D crapcrapcrapcrap...

Edit my return today to include the details of my medical cover and it still tells me I'm owed a refund, albeit a lower amount than I've already been refunded. I haven't touched the money so paying it back isn't a problem. But how the hell can I be owed a refund when HMRC and my employer are supposed to calculate all this for me? Doesn't PAYE mean that this stuff shouldn't be cocked up?

With my annual bonus around the corner the last thing I want is some kind of massive tax SNAFU. I predict that I'm going to be stuck on the phone to HMRC for a while on Monday.

11. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I always do 3 full sets of an exercise and come back later to do 3 more. The second time feel easier.

12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Don't all garages bend you over backwards and slap your crap? (In future i will take it to a different garage though)

The cars value is only about £1200, so if that somehow happened I'd still be at a massive lost.

I had a look at it yesterday and it seems the window is jammed on something as the switch moves it by about 1mm but then stops... Will open the door panel and investigate, replacing the window motor looks straight forward :thumb:

13. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

Classic bt rural internet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If only this was a rare event and not a daily event lasting several hours at random times of day.

14. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Line quality: F***ed

15. asura

asura jack of all trades

Fortunately not... but have no recommendations for someone down your neck of the woods.

16. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Not all I have a few I use here all given me cracking service.

Had a craft knife blade shatter on me yesterday which was amazing the shard kindly impaled itself into the side of my left index finger only the fingernail stopping it go in further. Appear to have done some nerve damage as I cant feel most of it but tapping the nail ive got some sensation. Being a blade it was a clean cut ran it under a cold tap for about five minutes but now a little worried its going to get infected which will be just my luck.

17. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Mine never did, they always felt guilty having to give me the bill when i went through a ordeal of never ending issues.

I recall seeing them scratch off things on the invoice to retain my business, I'm pretty good friends with most of the mechanics as its gone over the years

18. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

couldn't have picked a worse time to be laid off, i swear no ****er is recruiting atm

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Anyone who has been treated for cancer may have come across the phrase 'the new normal' to those who do not know what this means it is basically living with the debilitating effects of the treatment which in many cases can be permanent. Outwardly I look pretty good but inwardly I am a bloody mess whose second home seems to be one doctor or another and this is 7 years post treatment.
    The scary but also invaluable thing is I have more via Facebook and the Toncil cancer support group than I ever learnt from my medical team in the NHS who pretty were much controlled by government targets so not have the time or even the inclination to do anything more than get rid of the disease. Once that is done it is pretty much sod off and bother your GP. I have a pretty long list of ailments which individually are not that serious but collectively they are very debilitating.
    But the icing on the cake I have had one of these DWP assessment forms to fill in. I have no doubt the DWP will eventually find me fit enough to mine coal, pick potatoes or dig trenches.

20. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

hardly as severe as some of the cases in here, but I hate waiting for answers.
    ESPECIALLY ones that affect not only your plans for the rest of the year, but substantially more.