1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. fev

fev Industry Fallout

Jan sale... you'd better all appreciate it!

2. Akkatha

Akkatha *SCREECH!* /run away.

I'm going to sound like an ungrateful ******* now, but hey.. it's getting me down!

I got offered a job starting out as an estate agent. Problem is I only applied for it because there is NO other work around at the moment. The hours are crippling, I have to give up sound engineering at a local venue as I wont have time to do both AND they've asked me to cut my hair, which isnt even long to start with.

I know I should be over the moon at getting a job in this climate, but I cant help the feeling of utter dread I have considering I start on Monday, no idea what to do :S

3. Rkiver

Rkiver Cybernetic Spine

Not ruining, but annoying me alright. The HTC Tytn II I got from the sales section on here has started acting up a bit. The time keeps shifting, sometimes being many hours behind, for no discernable reason that I can find out.

I hope it's not dying, it was a great bargain, I love it as a phone, and I'd intently dislike having to try and replace it.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

They don't sell cheesecake here in Greece. The only place that sells the most effing awesome cheesecake sells it for 7 pounds a piece. Is it worth it? HELL YEAH. Do I have the time to go down there to have myself a piece? No.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I should be saying: the long working hours, the backlog of patients, running around between three hospitals and deadlines looming on all sorts of things, while using whatever little spare time I have on shopping for food, cleaning the house, finishing painting the kitchen and other DIY chores. All my money is being eaten up by home improvement. I barely get play time on the PC and any modding ambitions are put on the deep storage shelf for now.

Then I listen to my cancer patients, or (in a few cases) those that lost a spouse to cancer. And I ****ing love my life again.

Perspective. Don't leave home without it.

RinSewand likes this.
  6. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Oddly not alot right now....

Done most of my christmas shopping this weekend (thank you play.com), pretty much over the man flu i've had for the last 2 and a half weeks, only got 1 more full week of work left till crimbo, i'm not entirely poor (just dont tell Natwest that....) and even though i've lost over a stone in muscle weight since the summer (was training for RAF application that never happened) I was still able to do a set of exercises with the same weights I was using back then.

Looking forward to the new year aswell, going to be moving house, leaving the job I hate and get myself back into top form for that RAF application..... unless life decides to take a dump on me again and I get run over cycling to work or something.

Fingers crossed!

7. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

The pain in my wrists after going ice-skating for the first time ever. 12 stone falling from 6ft onto a wrist hurts.

8. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Christmas.

Or rather finding presents for people.

9. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

You could always ask if female staff have to cut their hair., or whether it's possible to tie/band your hair back. Sexual discrimination and all that.

10. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Not being able to go to a party..Especially since there's a special someone there..:(

11. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I just got turned down by the 3rd consecutive girl I asked out. I'm obviously doing something wrong, because I keep thinking I'm getting all the right signals but no dice.

12. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

do you have a keen beard?

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Whoa. Are you psychic? Yes, I'm Sikh, so no shaving for me.

14. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

15. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

The crap council and their crap repair line which i have been kept on hold now for 10 mins.

16. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Picking up a cheap car as a stopgap between the Clio and a decent replacement, and within 24 hours putting a Christmas tree into the sunroof, breaking the mechanism...

17. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Finding out today that i am oly getting 7months of my xmas bonus... not the full 12 i was told i'd get...

18. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

QFT.

19. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Right now the only thing really wrong with my life is trying to figure out why windows wont format a 6 drive raid array properly.

20. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Watching hulu on fullscreen seems to cause my entire computer to crash.... so much for having a 22" monitor if you can't watch fullscreen TV...