1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Last edited by a moderator: 31 Mar 2016
  2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I’ve decided to stop taking it as the side effects completely outweigh the benefits. I’ll phone the doctors and see if they have anything else available.

Glad it worked for you though

3. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

*Rant*

Windows in general, two windows 10 machines failed within 24hours of each other, both due to windows updates screwing up , so both are very very slowly going back to windows 7, and thats not been a fun install, both keep giving me issues, one refuses to download any updates and microsofts site keeps timing out, ran all the fix's and it just keeps going nah, So glad for my day to day use i have my Mac 10 years i've used them only issue ever had was the fans going as it wasnt turned off for around 5 years.

*End of rant*

4. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

They look like tonsil stones to me. I get them too and they totally suck, although mine are not as bad as that completely disgusting picture. There should be a spoiler tag and a warning on that disgusting thing.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

I had all kinds of problems with my tonsils - including tonsil stones forming in tonsular crypts on both sides - and made my doctor refer me to have 'em out when I was twenty-odd. He wasn't happy, 'cos they don't like doing tonsillectomies that old, but he relented when I explained I wasn't leaving his office 'til I got the referral and I haven't had a scrap of trouble in the years since.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Going to park to feed the birds in my lunch, just found out my old boss past away, she has two kids,

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I knew was tonsils, I was just trying to be funny :sigh:

d_stilgar likes this.
  8. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

My damb back is ruining my life, 4 hours of pool and i feel like a cripple.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Virgin Media. Virgin mother-chuffing Media is what's ruining my chuffing life right now.

I've been having broadband problems since last Monday (21st). Basically it's running at less than 0.2mbit download speed and 80% of sites/services will not load.

At the time I spotted a thing on their service status page telling me it'll be fixed within a couple of days; no biggie, these things happen. So the date of the fix rolls around (last Thursday) and the notification has disappeared from the service status page - bonus, they must have fixed it. Reboot my router and nope - same damn thing. So I call them and ask them what's going on and they tell me that "it doesn't look like it's fixed, other people have had issues too so a new fault has been raised. The SLA on this type of fault is 5 working days, so it'll be 1st April - but in all likelihood will be fixed long before then".

Cue me going crazy over the weekend since pretty much everything I do requires an internet connection, until I decide to chase them on Tuesday for an update. Apparently this second fault was now resolved, but of course I'm still having problems. So the guy on the phone runs through a bunch of diagnostics on the line and the router and eventually concludes "Yep, that's not right", so books an engineer visit.

The engineer was due to visit today between 4 and 7pm, so I work from home in the afternoon - using my phone as a hotspot - and finish early, to make sure I'm ready. By 6:50pm enough is enough, so I phone to ask what the hell is going on. Apparently the engineer visit was cancelled not long after I booked it, because it turns out that a fault was raised on Tuesday. Of course, a new SLA has been assigned to it, so they're now telling me it'll be Monday (4th April). None of this has been on their service status page by the way, I'm left basically in the dark unless I hang on the phone with them for 15/20 minutes while I explain the whole thing again to someone else who can't be bothered to read their own records.

If by 1705 on Monday it still isn't fixed then I will have exhausted what remains of my patience; Mr Angry from Cardiff will be on the phone demanding an explanation for their ineptitude.

10. johnnywheels

johnnywheels What's a Dremel?

Had similar issues with work laptops over the past couple of months. Windows 10 and HP have had some problems back and forth so I feel your pain there...Mac all the way, hope it gets better!

Last edited: 4 May 2016
  11. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

Last edited by a moderator: 3 Apr 2016
  12. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Had a pet scan on Wednesday and just received a summons to appear at the same hospital next Thursday for a NM Whole body PET FDG . Anyone tell me about this procedure?

13. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Looking for a new job, bit upset to find that a job stacking shelves in a supermarket pays roughly the same if not slightly more than the job I just left.

No to say that a supermarket job is dead-end and beneath me, just you'd think 9 years of IT technical experience would have been worth more.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

DVI cables... namely my inability to find one when I bloody need one...

I have load of the sodding things, could I find one... could I hell...

15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

It has taken countless emails with a customer service rep who's first language was certainly not English to discover that I am paying £17 a month more than I should which whilst not a great sum it is still money I would rather use elsewhere.

I only discovered this because I questioned why the online statement gave so little relevant information and gradually I got to the revised figure on my account. EDF is the company in question and I suspect no better or worse than the others in the big six utility suppliers.
    Mind you I have had extremely poor service from Daligas which went all the way to the energy ombudsman and OVO that basically once you signed up really did not give a damn.

Looking at GB energy or Flow energy as alternatives, anyone use these?

16. teacherboy

teacherboy Part Carbon/Nylon/Bovine

PET scan using FDG (flourodeoxyglucose) will use annihilation of positrons produced by the radioactive decay of the FDG (manufactured on site in a particle accelerator!) to produce gamma rays that are detected by a ring detector you lay inside.

Usually used to check for abnormal metabolic activity from cells - tumours generally speaking ....

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I would love to say I understand you perfectly:D
    But I get the gist.

18. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

I had very few issues with SSE, their initial estimates where way over the top so I ended up getting refunded a fair bit. After that the readjusted the direct debit.

Can all be viewed and managed online, I had a dual fuel package, bills where separated and you could download a pdf every month detailing the charges.

Can even submit meter readings online.

We where paying circa £40 a month for our gas and electric for a new 2 bed 2 bath house.

There where only 2 of us in a new build and id kitted the place out with LED lighting and a smart thermostat etc.

19. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Work.

The daily abuse, threats of violence, fights, self harm, assaults or being assaulted is becoming normal. Getting out of work half an hour late is considered a good day. #privatecompanyssuck

20. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Yeah...

Proof. Make sure you have proof of this going on. Save any emails that contain abuse towards you/others (forward them all to either your personal email, or to a new email not on their network), set your phone for one-touch recording and record any abuse hurled at you, particularly by management.

Get enough recorded evidence, then go to your boss / boss' boss and make a formal complaint about the abuse. Show them copies of emails you've received, but do not mention audio recordings at all!

Make sure to get ANY response from them in WRITING, not verbal promises. (also be prepared to record the next round of abuse once the boss has had a word with them)

Next, get your CV sorted out, and put feelers out (A good bet is with companies you interact with at work since they know you and your work already).

If nothing changes at work, take them to an employment tribunal. DO NOT LET THE ABUSE GO ON.