1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Certainly is :) Saying that only youtube from that list is unblocked at work so I've been watching loads haha. Thankfully BT is unblocked too :thumb:

2. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

When you call your wife, she picks up and you hear she is driving, so say "Don't worry not important, you're driving, see you later" and put the phone down and she walks through the door with the ump.

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Very wise words, it's what I've done for the past 6 months and I feel 10x better.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I like being helpful to my family, they've helped me through a bad time in my life but recently I'm getting pulled all over whilst they're letting me down!

Computer doesn't work
    Car is leaking a fluid
    Can you watch the kids
    Can you change the light fitting
    The plug socket is loose

They all know I've a ton of DIY housework and paid mechanic work booked all "summer" yet think I can fit in their needs at no notice yet no offer to help with anything I need doing.

And breathe!

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Great if that works for you, but I am unable to enjoy anything alone, which is unfortunate because that's how I'm spending all my time these days.

And I'll guarantee you no girls, pretty or otherwise, are giving me their numbers. :waah:

6. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

It only helps when your shirt isn't literally soaking wet - that's how bad it is.

And the stuff I bought doesn't work really, which means it's actually something like Hyperhidrosis. Might have to see the ol' GP.

7. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

When your don't have enough disposable income to buy a new gpu and you are forced to play potato mode for about a year.

8. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

My Asus EP121 is having power circuitry issues.

I practically live in this machine (using it now), not sure how I'm going to replace it or what with. Hoping they'll just go away, expecting I'll be taking it to bits and buying something new soon...

Last edited: 22 Jul 2016
  9. legoman

legoman breaker of things

This has been me for a while now. it gets easier trust me.

10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Woken by kids hunting pokemon outside my window at THREE AM!!!!!!! :duh:

And I don't mean teens either!

11. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Double-clicking no longer fullscreen's Youtube videos. :miffed:

12. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Just hit F, it's adopted more or less the same controls as VLC which is fine by me.

I saw a friend yesterday who I haven't seen or spoken to in a while, someone I've been avoiding. Not be because I don't like her, but quite the opposite. :(

13. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Still does here bro

14. Unicorn

It probably depends on which browser you use.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Train home from Manchester to N Wales.
    Had to change at Chester.
    Chester races today, so station FULL of people in posh outfits stinking of booze.
    Connecting train for Holyhead was only TWO coaches long! :wallbash:

16. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

I can’t focus or concentrate at all and it’s really annoying. Imagine a normal brain like a very healthy fluidy brain, then imagine a dried out brain that resembles a raisin… yeah that’s my brain.

I generally feel like i’m just barely above the guys in the mental asylums that just headbut the walls wearing a helmet all day.

17. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Not only is the ice-cream van's ditty obnoxiously loud and annoying on its daily visit to my area, but without fail the driver always switches it off in the middle of a bar of the song, which for some reason further irritates me.

18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I need to figure out how to enjoy my own company again... for practically the last 2 years or so I've pretty much had someone in my pocket (not by choice) taking in as much of my company as possible while I was around. Yeah its been nice because I don't have a super crazy social life and its nice to feel wanted by someone

I left the house feeling really positive, No real plans just going out to look for cars and such... I just have no motivation, Yeah I'm probably better off single for a good while now to get back on with life but I really enjoy being in a relationship.

I'm sure I'll be back in a few months looking back at this being the best possible outcome for me.

19. Unicorn

One of my DROBO V3s has stopped working at about six months old; won't boot up oe mount. I'm calling them first thing in the morning.

The Corsair CX430M PSU does not fit my Silverstone SG-08 HTPC case. Half of the blame lies with Silverstone for such a complicated PSU mount in the case, and half lies with Corsair for the positioning of the IEC socket on the back of the PSU. So much for standards... Because of this, my plan to swap a non-modular PSU with a modular one and tidy up the wiring has been spoiled and I'll probably have to buy another modular PSU to make it work now. It's not the end of the world, but it's frustrating.

20. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Yes. I also hope you will.

Remember. We can always try to change the things in life that we don't like about ourselves.

Specially at your age; making new social connections is an easier affair. Try something new in life. If you don't already exercise, join a gym or a swimming pool.

Small positive changes.

As the late Andrew Ryan once said "We all make choices - but in the end our choices make us". ;)