1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

A lens has mysteriously fused itself to my camera.

My MacBook Pro is having GPU troubles (early 2011 model, so it's the BGA gone tits up in all likelihood)

On the plus side, Apple have a free repair programme for my MacBook model, and the camera/lens combo is my old 50D and old 50 f/1.8.

Sorrows come not single spies but in battalions.

2. Greentrident

Greentrident Minimodder

Hey - almost every website I visit nowadays - do you know what would improve your website? Stop putting pop up survey requests on it asking "what would improve this website?" especially when I've only just got there!- have that one for free!

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Windows 10 Anniversary Update is the biggest pile of utter steaming dogshite that I have ever been subjected to.

• It's utterly killed the performance of my laptop.
    • All of my PCs now blue-screen when I plug in a Kindle.
    • My main PC apparently has no network connections at all (despite the fact that I'm typing this on my main PC.)
    • Active Directory DNS is totally ****ed; I can't access machines by name but I can use IP addresses, even though I can see the DNS server and I can see that the DNS entries are valid

...And I've been using it for about a day on all my PCs.

It's verging on Windows ME territory. Seriously; I think Windows ME had *fewer* problems when it was released. We can't do quality control any more? We can't fix bugs before we ****ing ship code any more?

The sooner that OpenGL or Vulkan or whatever takes over from DirectX, the sooner Microsoft can go and **** themselves.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Ingrowing toenail on my big toe. Not really painful (because I'm 'ard :p), just annoying having the constant sensation of someone jabbing something into my toe.

5. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Cuticle scissors, a very thin flat head screwdriver (or similar, for prising) and plenty of light are your friend.

Since I've had kids, I've found that whilst I too can cope with the everyday jabbing sensation, I can't tolerate the pain of having the affected toe innocently stamped on - so I deal with them as soon as possible.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Today is not that day.

Why aren't you at iseries? Is it because you can't afford it due to poor previous trading choices?

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Is probably because the I series is a massive bucket of s*** that should have died years ago. I can think of a better Lans to go to and invest money in

8. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Working on the car. On an incline, so jacking it up isn't really safe, basically taking the entire front end to pieces.

Plus side, I'm now comfortable removing the slam panel, cross member, radiator, and basically everything but the engine. In the rain. Oh, and the catastrophically annoying bumper brackets.

Still **** at brazing, though. Not so good.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

[​IMG]

10. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Dentist said should take a wisdom tooth out to prevent issues down the line, I now start developing gum soreness, bloody jinx!

11. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Cuticle scissors *rushes to Amazon*. Never heard of them before, normally I just cut the nail further up and rive it out with pliers. Your method sounds far better than mine. Cheers!

On a side note, all 3 of my wonderful darlings have managed to stand on it today lol.

I have considered this, trust me!

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

A shed break in last night and all family bikes were stolen. Honestly gutted over this and my son has now lost his bike which has hit me the hardest. Pure scumbags that in all honesty keep me in my day / night job.

Although a bit late I am now looking at ways of prevention / capturing the S******s responsible, so spending my time looking at alarms and CCTV.

13. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

We had our villa broken into on holiday. My sons tables and headphones being stolen and having to explain it to him was one of the worst days of my life.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=308065 - for some CCTV musings.

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Thank you Goatee. Not nice telling my son but no way of hiding it. I will read your post now :thumb::thumb:

15. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

Ebay Snipers

16. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

If you really want something it's best to put the maximum you're willing to pay in as a bid at some point.
    Bidding up like you would in a traditional auction is always going to be a risk the way ebay works. Even without auto sniping there isn't (and I can't think why there should be to be honest) anything to stop people bidding in last few seconds.

17. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I always snipe the items I really want. Bidding up slowly gets slow bidders to slowly raise the price. There was an 8-bay Drobo Pro at $240 with 11Tb pre-installed. Shipping was $35. I thought $350 total was pretty close to market value, and my budget was pretty tight. So at the last second I bid $302 just in case some other guy was thinking $300 was a good price, and I got it for $242.50. I love that.

Sniping is the best way to get what you want for less, but I still always bid the most I'm willing to pay, and sometimes even then I don't win. I'm sure that really pisses off the guy who thought they were going to get it for 1/2 the final price one second earlier, but that's how ebay auctions work.

18. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I agree, sniping is probably the best way to win. It's also might be the best way to avoid getting sucked into a bidding war and over paying.

19. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

A friend of the family had his daughter's swing stolen from the yard overnight. A swing. A three-year-old's swing. How low can someone sink?
    When I find things on auction sites, I bid the maximum I'm willing to pay for the item. If I win it, I get the item at or under my maximum price; if I lose, it went for more than I'm willing to pay. Sniping's for the birds.

20. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I've just visited an old family friend (a lady in her 90's) to tell her that her best friend and sister in law (my neighbour) died in the night.

Not what I was expecting to do this morning but there we are. Very sad indeed. :(